+ Reply to Thread

Quick question about demon wall thing (early in the game)

Can this thing be killed before you get smashed into the wall at the end? Just to get peoples memories going, this was right after the garuda fight on the inside of the shrine.

While I'm at it, how do you get different abilities and stuff like souleater that the licenses are already available for. Did I miss something or have that stuff not come available yet?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

A. Yes, you can kill the wall right after Garuda, make sure all of your character's have quickenings. Swap the first team out after using theirs, then make another chain with the second.

B. Souleater and whatever aren't available yet.

Re: Quick question about demon wall thing (early in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    Can this thing be killed before you get smashed into the wall at the end? Just to get peoples memories going, this was right after the garuda fight on the inside of the shrine.

While I'm at it, how do you get different abilities and stuff like souleater that the licenses are already available for. Did I miss something or have that stuff not come available yet?
    I found eliminating any curing macros upped my melee time during the course of the fight. And it uses an AOe blind, I dropped esuna for eyedrops(faster)

and had 1 or 2 guys Zerked. while third one focused on eyedrops

the wall really doesn't hit you for shit, it just squashes you.

It can be taken out with quickenings, and without(harder)

After my fourth try I owned the fucker with quickenings before he even got to halfway.

alot of the abilities which you can unlock early on are not avaiable till way late in the game.

Tonko

Just quickening chain them. You can go back to the save crystal inbetween the two.

Can one shot them easily if you've unlocked some quickening squares with no problem.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He's pretty easy to beat even without Mist Knacks. Just need to watch out for Dezone which is a pain in the ass.

souleater is available at that time. just no clue where again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I beat the 2nd wall no problem. The first one I had to come back for. Telega is a bitch. Wtf is X-Zone status anyway? I want this spell lol >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

from 100%, you can take it down to about 10% with just a decent chain of quickenings... (decent as in, 10+.)

After that just let them hit away until it dies.... easy fight (and i'm talking about the 1st Demon Wall... the second is too easy.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I did it by berserking Vossler and Basch, and not bothering to cure. I don't remember if I used quickenings near the end, but I think I just switched Vaan in after Fran got x-zoned to start the chain.

Oh yeah, if you don't already have the battle speed at maximum put it there. It speeds up your attacks but doesn't make the wall move faster.

And x-zone never shows up again as far as I remember.

Also, when fighting the second wall, you can touch some of the braziers on the side. They will stop the wall for a period of time. This option is not available for first wall, but beating the first wall isn't necessary for story purposes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Note that some of the braziers actually accelerate him forward, so be careful if you rely on them.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you can kill the first demon wall though, you really shouldn't even need to use those.

Increase your combat speed to the maximum amount. You'll swing faster but the wall will move at the same pace as it had moved when your combat speed was slower.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zanz L. Barre The 3rd
    Increase your combat speed to the maximum amount. You'll swing faster but the wall will move at the same pace as it had moved when your combat speed was slower.
    Wow, I never even thought about that.

I had mine set on max from the beginning because I didn't like waiting for the slow attacks, but I was wondering why some of my friends were having trouble with the fight. This probably explains why lol.