+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Negalmuur Auto-Levelling     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Negalmuur Auto-Levelling

I picked this up from the gamefaqs guide here:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... _level.txt
    This guide will create a "no-controller" infinite loop, using the Gambit system.
    You can leave your game on for hours on end and your players will continue to
    gain experience, license points and clan points. How? Negalmuur is a rare spawn
    located in the Stilshrine of Miriam that spawns infinite minions.
    Most of you have probably seen this. I have a query. Is it worth doing this? Whilst it is in the game without the use of any cheats or whatever, I still feel as though I'm slightly cheating by doing this. Has anybody else done it? And did it ruin any of the rest of the game for you? Currently I have 3 characters at 60-ish and 3 characters in the 20's (first time in a FF that I haven't been bothered levelling everyone). I might just level the level 20's ones up to 60.

Opinions anybody? Has anybody done this before?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It's pretty useless imo, game is easy enough as is.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

i have characters at lvl 69 atm and havent grinded any, and still have some stuff left to do, dont really see a point in it till i gotta grind out the last few levels.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

left it on overnight at 34, next morning I was like 50. post 65, the best exp is in the henne mines anyway.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not worth your time. I did it to farm LP for half an hour once, but the XP gained is not so hot.

Did it for about 30 minutes, took about 40 to pop the little shit to begin with. Wasn't worth it as the mobs gave about 600xp with tippet. Secret area in Nabudis is better if you dont have access to Henne mines.

Quote Originally Posted by blister1
    Did it for about 30 minutes, took about 40 to pop the little shit to begin with. Wasn't worth it as the mobs gave about 600xp with tippet. Secret area in Nabudis is better if you dont have access to Henne mines.
    You mean in Nabreus Deadlands where you get the medallion?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

mirror knights are the hottest exp in my opinion still

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

in the deeper part of henne mines where the switch is and the bats pop 200k exp in say 5mins best exp there in the game, but if u mess up ur one shoted.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I left my Lv37 Ashe/Penelo there last night around 9:30P.M., got home around 6:30 P.M. today, and they were Lv70 lol.

I think it's worth it if you plan on going away for a good period of time

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killerx
    in the deeper part of henne mines where the switch is and the bats pop 200k exp in say 5mins best exp there in the game, but if u mess up ur one shoted.
    One character oneshotted maybe. I've had one character go down because the guy casting sleepga or disable just stood there while the two curaja animations ran. With main gauche + demons shield/zodiac eschuteon you're basically immune to everything besides leech (stupid moves that ignore evasion)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

off-topic, but Yiazmat's the gayest shit ever. sup 50 million hp, and I still don't know how to get past this stage where he's comboing/one shotting all of my team.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Leveling up is your friend... all 6 at 85+, at least 3 over 95.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Or Reverse/Decoy gambits and only 3 at 85. My other three were 13-15 and I still beat him with only two unlucky wipes.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lvl 75-90 and henne mines switch room owns the fucking shit out of any leveling spot in the game

60000 exp in 8~ mins np

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hiya
    off-topic, but Yiazmat's the gayest shit ever. sup 50 million hp, and I still don't know how to get past this stage where he's comboing/one shotting all of my team.
    Well, you could try reading the big thread titled "Yiazmat" here. It should still be on the first page.

Cliffs notes version:
    level 99,
    tournesol,
    arise gambits.

He can't kill anyone faster than an arise finishes casting, and the only thing he uses in that phase is single target attacks, deathstrike and cyclone. Cyclone is capped at 9999 damage, so just curaga/curaja afterwards and it's harmless.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Also, deathstrike is your friend. You can cast Arise during the animation <_<

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    He can't kill anyone faster than an arise finishes casting
    He sure as fuck could the three times I fought him, especially with his random Endeath effect.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Personally I P.Down spammed, but people here keep saying Arise works fine.

i wasjust doing the henne mines one with bats, got about 200k in 4-5 mins