+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alarm Clock     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Alarm Clock

I've been looking for a good and reliable alarm clock for my laptop and was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions on what to download. Note: I'm not looking to buy any software for this (free download only), and I'd rather have something with a simple layout. Thanks in advance.

There was one I had for a while called something like Karen's Tools or Karen's Power Tools. One of them. Try googling either of those.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I use one on my laptop as well. I found it googling. try searching for Free Alarm Clock Program

Or be like the cool kids, install Visual Basic, download some code from http://www.planet-source-code.com and compile one yourself. Be even cooler and paint it pink and have it play an mp3 of your choice as the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Or be like the cool kids, install Visual Basic, download some code from http://www.planet-source-code.com and compile one yourself. Be even cooler and paint it pink and have it play an mp3 of your choice as the alarm.
    Cool kids don't use Visual Basic though.

Lol, we were talking to this guy from the state and he was desperately trying to hire a "qualified" Visual Basic programmer.. he said everyone he hired didn't know his head from his ass. He was offering 40k+benefits, which is pretty good in Oklahoma (really low cost of living here).

I decided to be a dick and ask him what the difference between a r-tree and a b-tree was.. he gave me a dumb look. I asked him an easier question about the difference between a qsort and bubble sort.. (these are very very very basic things CS majors learn their first year or two)

He couldn't answer.. I told him if he applied for a job where I worked he would be turned down.. so how could he ever expect to run and hire people for the department he worked at? Typical crap that goes on in VB shops.. they think learning a syntax to a language is a big deal when in reality learning C is the easiest part of a real CS education.

The kids that think they're cool sure do use VB. VB6 onry.

They never actually code shit, just recompile projects after raping the form to personalise it.

I wish I could code, but my brain just refuses to do the structured math required. I'm stuck with telling the codemonkeys what I want it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    There was one I had for a while called something like Karen's Tools or Karen's Power Tools. One of them. Try googling either of those.
    yeah, I use it as well, a very nice little program, heres the link, jyakku: http://www.download.com/Karen-s-Alarm-C ... ag=lst-4-7

Another free program you can use is this..

start -> run -> c:\windows\tasks

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I wish I could code, but my brain just refuses to do the structured math required. I'm stuck with telling the codemonkeys what I want it to do.
    There are a few good book on patterns out there.. learn a few and you'd be surprised what you could do.

Do you have a cell phone? I just use my phone to wake myself up. I always think someone's calling me too, but it's just the damn alarm clock... what a deception ;-;

but if it's not for waking up.. then forget what I just said. I'm just sayin'.