Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not sure if they were just there for ToDs, or if they were buying stones...but I've seen a JP player (Vermilion, usually on WHM, but he has other jobs) hanging with RMT. Always seemed to be there when they killed Ulli.
    Once the RMT were banned, their whole LS (Nightingale) was up there competing against us at the same time of day. Seemed a little suspicious to me, since pre-RMT ban they were never around.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk
    i miss the days when ya could XP at ulli room stats for an "awesome" 6k/hr and kill this suck between chains :D.

It'd be a bonus if it was up when u zoned in, lol.
    don't remind me XD. <3'ed that when /seacom "Ullikummi Camp" meant it was yours LOL.
    Ya, it was great. Hell, even LS's would stand there till Ulli popped and leave the mobs for the XP PT.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And what happens if no one buys any stones from em? Obviously we aren't going to get rid of them completely, so only blocking a trigger mob seems better than some of the other possibilities.

When you go to sky to camp Ulli and you don't even see it pop after 4-6 hours or so of camping it on six different occasions, and when it does pop the 2 seperate gilseller alliances that are present warp claim it; desperation sets in and the thought of just buying a stone to save the time and dissapointment starts to look at lot better.

Hopefully one day they'll make Ulli pops similar to Olla Grande.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    When you go to sky to camp Ulli and you don't even see it pop after 4-6 hours or so of camping it on six different occasions, and when it does pop the 2 seperate gilseller alliances that are present warp claim it; desperation sets in and the thought of just buying a stone to save the time and dissapointment starts to look at lot better.

Hopefully one day they'll make Ulli pops similar to Olla Grande.
    So the RMT can steal it from you when Ulli Media pops yellow?

Um, my LS claimed Ulli last night and we had like 8 people.

Now the RMT try to steal claim, but /blockaid worked nice. Was funny to watch their PLD Invincible ... like that was going to steal hate when they were no where on the hate priority list.

Now, they would spam tractor when our BLM died ... twice ... but we were able to sneak a raise in. I called a GM, but no one else died after that, so GM had nothing to witness -- though he did stick around to watch the end of the fight just in case. (Thank you GM Najakan)

But the point is, it is possible to claim. Just need patience. It's just like camping Fafnir against other LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    fucking ZAM, it's nearly impossible to claim Ulli
    If no one bought the stones the RMT would max out pretty soon and would not be able to camp Ulli though. But this has been discussed time and time again, and you can't rely on anything that requires the co-operation of 2000+ people.
    thats a retarded idead because on my server RMTs use all the autumnstones they cant sell because they actually want Haidate and B.hide.
    If you are on a server where RMTs cant even kill byakko or kirin you are a very lucky person and id like to migrate to your server plz !

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    So the RMT can steal it from you when Ulli Media pops yellow?

Last I saw, Media & Grande pop red to the party that killed the preceding pot. We were going to snag Media from a GS group manaburning it one day but no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SchuldigGER
    If you are on a server where RMTs cant even kill byakko or kirin you are a very lucky person and id like to migrate to your server plz !
    Or you could be on a server where they all have haidate, osode etc already?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by SchuldigGER
    Or you could be on a server where they all have haidate, osode etc already?
    / Gilgamesh ( and their rngs, plds, and RDMs all have w.legs )

Banned.

BG Level

I miss these days:
    http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5654/img0091ax2.th.png
    Just exping and Ulli popped, we had a 74 PLD and 73 RDM and he couldnt land Gravity, so we escaped and left it unclaimed.
    (Yes I'm a WHM in full AF, this was a long time ago ok? )

New Merits
    BG Level

On midgardsormr Vendetta bought some ulli stones took SS just incase a topic like this popped up one day, but never transfered them to imageshack.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

only thing i can say is FFXI now suck.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I'll be honest, I can't remember the last time I've ever seen a JP linkshell up in sky. We almost never go up there any more, but when we did... never saw them. (It wasn't JP time, either, but still... I swear I never see them up there when I /sea the zone or something...)
    Exactly. One of my associates was in a certain JP shell and she told me they buy Autumnstones and seals for the other 3 gods because it was beneath them to compete against RMTs and NAs, but people in the ls still wanted Kirin and Byakko. I really only remember competing against one JP ls ever... for Ulli. They were all pretty 1337, I think it was "Reach Perfection."

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Even if no one buys the stones and they max out mules and can't kill Byakko, they'll still camp Ulli just so no one can get a stone. They'd rather a stone go to waste than see someone get one w/o buying from them. Small shells don't have much choice anymore. No Ulli, no Byakko, no Byakko, no Kirin, no Kirin, no happy shells, no happy shells, no money for SE.

I think it was possible to XP at Ulli camp (at on Kujata) not even a year ago. I xp'd up there several times, had a suicidal blm once, no sign of RMT, nothing. Those were the good times.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    They bot like nobody's business, unless you bot too it's worse than hopeless.
    too true, at least on asura, it's rediculous. My shell does go up and camp, we've only claimed once or twice before the last set of bannings. since the last rmt ban, they've been botting it like no other to get their stone count back up. the same ninja claims it every time we go up there now, and the guy casts utsusemi while running. They did ban a lot of sky rmt (just sadly not the more established rmt) in the last mass ban, we can only hope they continue to do better.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mierin
    .... Just need patience. It's just like camping Fafnir against other LS.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree. With Fafnir you are guaranteed to see it spawn within 3hrs.

With 30+ RMT + 2-3 legit non-RMT LS's + 1 or 2 not so legit non-RMT LS's all camping Ulli at the same time, it got to the point where we'd be lucky to claim one Ulli every 2-3 weeks which was extremely counter productive and a waste of time.

Since then Ive set up my LS to support sponsored God runs. If members get their hands on a pop set for any God, they're free to lot any drop of their choice. Many times members pick up Autumnstones from Bazaars or disbanding LS's. I turn a blind eye if they get it from RMT because honestly its gotten to a point now where if you can't beat them, might as well learn to make the most of a bad situation.

Mifaco you are a freaking idiot. The reason the "Newbie" forum was made, was so all the fucktards would stop Zaming people. Wow, just wow... Probably half of your posts are 'ZAMs and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedemon
    Many times members pick up Autumnstones from Bazaars or disbanding LS's. I turn a blind eye if they get it from RMT because honestly its gotten to a point now where if you can't beat them, might as well learn to make the most of a bad situation.
    I did this for a while, but there are almost ZERO legit Autumnstones for sale. So you should keep in mind that probably 100% of the sponsored Byakkos come from RMT bazaars.