+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Batteries     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Batteries

I've burned through 3 sets of batteries in tge week since I got my Wii, I was wondering, if any of you actually know if there is any advantage to the expencive batteries? do 'ultra' ones actually last a lot longer, or is the best plan of attack just the 20 pack of generic batteries?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

How about rechargeable batteries? I don't have a Wii so I'm not sure how much the remotes suck up the batteries, but I used to have this digital camera that sucked up the batteries so I just bought some nice rechargeables and that saved me alot of money in the long run.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

duracells always did best for me, Ive bought 8 packs of duracells that have easily outlasted my 20 packs of cheapies that cost the same price

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

You might get a little extra life out of the more expensive ones, but nothing near what they're charging you.. Best to just buy a ton of the cheap ones and burn through those.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    How about rechargeable batteries? I don't have a Wii so I'm not sure how much the remotes suck up the batteries, but I used to have this digital camera that sucked up the batteries so I just bought some nice rechargeables and that saved me alot of money in the long run.
    Kinda holding out for an official nintendo battery pack

EDIT: should have made a poll lol

Indeed I also thought buying a ton of cheap generic batteries would be cheaper as well but it turns out stuff like energizer and duracell lasts like 6 times as long.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

I've been using my Wiimote since release day and just replaced the batteries for the first time (because it fell under a pillow so a button was stuck down for a few hours, wasting batteries) so I don't know why yours are different.

I personally prefer Duracell, they always seem to last the longest (but are more expensive).

just get the energizer rechargables, they charge in 30 minutes. I had to get them because my wireless mouse burns through batteries...they're not expensive at all.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you can find it tolerable, you can turn of the rumble and sound features and the batteries last a ton longer.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    just get the energizer rechargables, they charge in 30 minutes. I had to get them because my wireless mouse burns through batteries...they're not expensive at all.
    Not sure if this is something paranormal, but my keyboard has burned through 3 sets of batteries while my mouse has not gone through one. Had them for 8 months too.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Not sure if this is something paranormal, but my keyboard has burned through 3 sets of batteries while my mouse has not gone through one. Had them for 8 months too.
    It's one of the first wireless mouse/keyboard sets from microsoft...the mouse never turns off unless you take out the batteries. I change my mouse batteries 4X more than my keyboard. I'm thinking about getting a new set, because the range on the mouse and the keyboard is now less than a foot...when I first got it, I could be across the room. Sophomore year, I set my alarm form 6:55, woke up, clicked on the button to register for all my classes at 7AM, then rolled over and went back to bed without leaving it. I can think of no better reason to have a wireless keyboard/mouse set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah, the Wiimote really does eat batteries like crazy... I did find Duracel to keep it going for a lot longer, though.

Rechargable batteries still seem the way to go, easiest way to stop wasting money on the batteries.

I use rechargeable energizer batteries and they work wonderfully

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Personally, I use the AA Sony rechargable Ni-MH batteries that are made for Sony Digital Cameras. I have some extra sets because I use my camera like a madman, so I stuck a pair in my Wiimote.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    if any of you actually know if there is any advantage to the expencive batteries?
    Yes in my experience the generic batteries always end up costing more in the long run. Rechargeable batteries are the way to go though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

But how long do the rechargable batteries last? it would be pretty annoying to take it out every night and charge it.

I hope Nintendo comes out with their own customized rechargable battery, like the 360 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    But how long do the rechargable batteries last? it would be pretty annoying to take it out every night and charge it.

I hope Nintendo comes out with their own customized rechargable battery, like the 360 did.
    how bout... *drum roll* two sets of rechargeables!
    use one, charge the other, so you always have one set available for the entire lifetime of your Wii

also... cheap batteries, on top of costing more, create a shitloat more waste.... and batteries are pretty toxic

ok ok nobody cares

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't mean it like that, I meant it more along the lines of actually not having to take the batteries out every single time.

Reason I say this, is because I have those covers on my wiimotes (they're super comfortable, and besides -- I don't need guests breaking my windows/TV/walls by throwing it around the room just because their hand got slippery.)

It sits on pretty tight, and is pretty annoying to put on/take off, especially if you have to do it on a day-to-day basis.

Currently I use Duracel, and since I don't have much time to play anyways because of classes/work, then it lasts for a good while (I only changed the batteries once on my main controller, didn't have to on the other one yet.)

Definatly turn off the rumble feature on games like Budokai, on zelda i've found with everything on max batteries lasted over 30 hours, but on budokai i killed a pair in 8 hours with rumble on(every punch = rumble).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lmao, that sig rocks.

And Zelda does rumble a lot, but they are all pretty short.