Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

when I quit like 2 months ago, smithing was more or less dead in the water on ifrit(why i quit lol). markets were mostly messed up by resales that it made no sense to continue to make items that were already being slashed and burned. sad too, cause when I left there was 3-4 100JP smiths, and of the 2 100NA smiths, 1 had quit and gave the account to a friend, the other account got deleted, i would have had next to no competition if the economy didn't get jacked lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske
    No one uses common sense on my server... and, imo, many crafters are just way too full of themselves. They're "old school', which of course means they can do whatever the fuck they want. /sarcasm

Take Prince's Slops on Quetz. Pretty much me and one other 'old shool' CC'er doing these. I didn't flood. I never put more than 1 or 2 on AH at a time, bazaared whatever else I had til AH one sold or they were bought out of bazaar. Prices were about 600k when I started in.. I raised em to 700k, was working on 750k when.... 700-500k in 2 days. All the same crafter.

Why? We're the only ones making serious effort on this item. Why not *help* the other crafter and keep the price up, and benefit both? I asked another CCer I know if he knew anything about the crafter. He basically said "She doesnt like people making the same item. Kinda of a control freak." Um. Right. So she is on the course of destroying a market... because "if she cant have control, no one can?" /sigh Btw... she did the same thing with Sha'ir Seraweels about 3 weeks earlier. 500k-150k in 3-4 days. (So went from being 50-100k profit... to about 150k loss)
    This is exactly what I've been talking about, and I'm glad other people experience it (as shitty as it is)

There are a lot of aspects of this game that depend on interaction and balance between players, when you shove a stick up your ass and go all selfish, you screw yourself and everyone else.

I guess I'll just never understand some people.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    my main synth on my character that doesn't have a craft above 51.1 makes 200% profit and i usually sell 15-20 stacks a week, if I make the time to make em.

Don't look at all the HQ stuff, look at the tiny shit.
    thats not making money, thats like putting shit in a bank with a minuscule investment

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I can tell you goldsmithing is dead, on Kujata at least. CoP destroyed it. Name any goldsmithing item that used to be profit and I'll name you an item CoP introduced that was rare/ex and just as good or better.

I'm smithing. Made 5.5M last night (when the items sell) off HQing a handful of items. There is still a market, just profit per item is a ton smaller b/c so much less money floating around.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    The problem with crafting these days isn't even RMT in my opinion, it's idiots with more money than common sense.
    So true. Honestly crafting is dead on most servers. The only craft that can really make a profit without major losses on NQ is Clothcraft, and even then its small. Now only if they would fix fishing, fishing @ 89. T.T

Alchemy 100+3 / Subs : All

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wood and bonecraft are better than gold these days, people jumping back on the ranger bandwagon does wonders for these two crafts.
    I make gil 'grindcrafting' - high volume, t2/t3'able stuff that you can make at least 7k a stack on is good when you have like 10 mules and 2accts

My only salvation these days would be to HQ a kaiser shield while skilling up, but it would take forever to sell in this market.

Sanoske

Like Navia said, most crafters only salvation is to pop a rare HQ. However, in this market nothing sells. Nothing. It's getting to where high priced NQ's won't even sell.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've been toying with the idea of taking up a craft on my second character, but every market seems to be so oversaturated that it doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment.

Although I will probably level up clothcraft so he can get a pair of Magnifying Spectacles.

What? He'll look scholarly in WHM AF and glasses... >_>

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    I'm smithing. Made 5.5M last night [size=24](when the items sell) [/size]off HQing a handful of items. There is still a market, just profit per item is a ton smaller b/c so much less money floating around.
    THATS NOT MAKING MONEY
    That is like owning stock. Yes, your stocks are worth money, except they have no monetary value. You cant go to the store with your stocks and buy food.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

only craft that can really make a profit without major losses on NQ is Clothcraft, and even then its small.
    That might be true at 100 but I don't think so. Market is dead for a lot of NQ's too because of people trying to HQ to make cash. And the amount of cash you throw away just to get up there is insane. Even if the ingredients aren't that bad right now, the losses are still huge.

I'm always careful not to flood. I'm not making big ticket items just crap to keep me going but there is always someone else. I guess the capped crafters want to keep peeps out of the markets, I can understand why right now. The economy is kinda screwed and incredibly sluggish.

I can make daily cash np, suits me far more than farming. I can make some extra too as long as I don't spend too long making any one thing. No way will my cloth end up at 100 at this rate. But then I guess that suits some.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I got really frustrated with the 'buy from AH -> synth -> sell at AH' model that had worked for me for over a year. I kept poking around the AH for profit margins that I'ld missed for too long before just going back to the way that I used to make money.

E.g. Crafting-enhanced farming. This works by bringing the stuff you need to make something from unstackable to stackable with you into the field. This morning I made 50k + seals (after paying for materials) in 30 minutes (40 minutes if you count transit time) while drinking my coffee and eating my breakfast.

It's not great, I know, but it works out to something between 15 and 20 hours worth of farming for a forger's mantle.

I really should be fishing though. Yesterday I got a bunch of inventory slots back so that might work for me again.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    I got really frustrated with the 'buy from AH -> synth -> sell at AH' model that had worked for me for over a year.
    All crafters got spoiled by this model, its also the model that attracted RMT to crafting that lead the 'race to the bottom' where margins got smaller approaching non-existent.

FFXIAH also has to take a lot of the blame for ruining the 'AH -> synth -> sell at AH'.

Not having to move any farther than the AH counter to the deliver box or mog house to make gil is pretty damn effortless compared to NM drama+camping or running randomly over a zone mowing over tooweak/EP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tordall
    E.g. Crafting-enhanced farming. This works by bringing the stuff you need to make something from unstackable to stackable with you into the field.
    If markets are absolutely rotten or all my mules are already trying to sell through stuff on the AH, this is what I do.
    I grab a bunch of crystals and make everything on the spot. Ores->Ingots, Hides->Leathers, bonecraft items->arrowheads, etc. I leveled/funded a lot of my craft subs this way.

It's not glamorous but you can always undercut the people buying AH synth materials to create the same goods you are synthing in the field by a wider margin.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    I'm smithing. Made 5.5M last night [size=24](when the items sell) [/size]off HQing a handful of items. There is still a market, just profit per item is a ton smaller b/c so much less money floating around.
    THATS NOT MAKING MONEY
    That is like owning stock. Yes, your stocks are worth money, except they have no monetary value. You cant go to the store with your stocks and buy food.
    Sorry let me fix what I said...... "I will make 5.5M when the items sell" There is still a market, and money can still be made. Also these items weren't T0, they were tier1.

edit: 3M of it just sold, so I guess now that makes it offically "MAKING MONEY".

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I would have to beat some pretty harsh odds to make decent gil now. Previously having a 100 craft meant I could drop well under the average HQ rate and still make millions.

The second issue is clearing NQ's, most now have to be junked just because of oversupply.

I always kind of assumed most of the people buying my hq's were helped out by certain websites and now that gil is more expensive hq's are just not selling for as much or as quickly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In addition to what I posted earlier, I'm officially starting to get mad at people who would rather buy a piece of gear to use for 2 days, then resell it 100-200k cheaper than they bought it for, instead of just keeping it on a mule. I understand that some people have multiple jobs and a limited number of equipment spots, but damnit stop killing the markets because you want to pull your ninja out of the closet for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jg
    In addition to what I posted earlier, I'm officially starting to get mad at people who would rather buy a piece of gear to use for 2 days, then resell it 100-200k cheaper than they bought it for, instead of just keeping it on a mule. I understand that some people have multiple jobs and a limited number of equipment spots, but damnit stop killing the markets because you want to pull your ninja out of the closet for a day.
    qft.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Meh the cooking market on leviathan is dead now because RMT have at least 6-10 cooking mules that cook every good gil item all day and then proceed to undercut till nqs are a loss of money and hq don't make very much...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dabis
    Meh the cooking market on leviathan is dead now because RMT have at least 6-10 cooking mules that cook every good gil item all day and then proceed to undercut till nqs are a loss of money and hq don't make very much...
    They're clearly making money... they get no rice if they make no money... why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by dabis
    This has to be the dumbest statement I've ever heard.

RMT? RMT!? RMT!?!

Give me a break. Not everything wrong with the economy can be laid at the feet of RMT. There are actual, real human beings who also play this game, that pull that stupid crap. Your fellow players are stupid. Face it. It's not RMT, it's your stupid fellow players.