Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

AV, new NMs? Old player looking for info

I quit playing this game about a year and half ago @ lvl 73 ><, right after I quit, a couple months I think?, some NA's finally dropped AV using the wall of justice strat/exploit. After that it was killed a few more times, but nothing ever dropped from it that I can remember. And all the times that it was killed that I remember, it was using the Wall O' Justice.

So, I was just curious if anyone ever figured out the right and proper way to kill AV, and did it ever drop the sash? ie how you actually stop him from 2hr'ing and how to stop his pets from spawning. Ebony Panels, lawls?

Oh and since that time has any other NM's come close the the level of power that AV when he was released? Is there any NM today w/ the new expansion that has not been defeated?

Also, the BLM earring you got from the JoL drop, since then has there been any other BLM item's patched into the game to surpass it's awesomeness?

Oh and did SE ever fix the bots that owned the aery and other kings? Or anything really cool happen since Aug. 05'

And one final question, anyone on the Bahamut server, do you ever see a tarutaru named Nyxx running around, my old char, and is as pimped out as I left him? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nothing new really, same old shit <_<

AV was "fixed" for awhile and could be killed legitimately, but it was recently broken again and remains unkillable

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Would be hard to surpass novio considering you would need 2 better earring to ditch it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I don't mean earrings per say, just any other item that gave a better MAB. Or any item in general that say if given a choice between one or the other any decent BLM would choose item x over the novio earring.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

That really sucks that no one has figured out AV yet, it's beyond retarted for SE to make a mob like that, given that it takes months and months of sea farming for a *chance* to pop him.

Please tell me the new expansion's NM were not as gay to pop or fight as sea.

People figured out a way to beat AV and then they patched it out. The whole point of this thread is to complain about a game you haven't played in over a year? Why not wait until the next version update announcement, at least you'll be in good company.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Can you elaborate? You mean a way besides the wall? Oh and is BLM still the dmg king, or are the new jobs worth a damn?

Sorry I know this is a lot of questions, just curious is all I really used to love this game and just want to know what I've missed. Thanks

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

DRK + Kraken Club + Souleater > *

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxx
    Can you elaborate? You mean a way besides the wall? Oh and is BLM still the dmg king, or are the new jobs worth a damn?

Sorry I know this is a lot of questions, just curious is all I really used to love this game and just want to know what I've missed. Thanks
    Short answer; yes BLM will still make up the majority of damage dealt in most alliance-based fights. However, with extremely well geared WARs and other DD (read Adaburk+Ridill) a lot of HNMs and all of Tu'Lia's Gods have been rendered melee zergable. But, that really only applies to very well geared LS' that have a deep roster to pull from. Most 'average' end-game linkshells will be fighting NMs much the way they always have.

Puppetmaster is the new Dragoon and favorite pejorative meme for something uselss. Corsair's end-game effectiveness is hotly debated and in many cases are used as another AoE refresh whore for the BLM, WHM, and SMN back lines. However, COR is very powerful in XP as it enhances the abilities of the jobs in the party and can provide a decent amount of damage dealing. Blue Mage is the wild card. Played profeciently it has the posibility of being a great backup healer/support job, ranged attacker, physical or magic damager, and more. But, it's a job that is stuck in the 'jack of all trades master of none' syndrome where a lot of people just don't know what to do with them. Typically in my LS' experience we use our BLUs to fill in damage type spots that are left vacant when certain people can't make an event. At the very least they're the ultimate stun whore with Head Butts galore. Out of all the new jobs Blue Mage has the greatest potential and power, but it takes a skilled player and knowledgeable linkshell to understand how to employ them most effectively for a given situation.

Oh, and BRD/NIN or NIN/BRD is the new super-tank for those LS' crazy enough to try it. Paladin's got a nice boost of late and looks like it's getting a lot better in the next patch, but my extended LFP sessions don't seem to be telling me people are thinking about PLD any different in XP/meripo sessions.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thanks that's just the info I was after. It's a shame that PUP is the new DRG, it's a shame there is even a DRG meme to replace. SE never could get melee right.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Best thing to do is just dont come back.

New Merits
    BG Level

Use the search function.

Black Belt
    BG Level

SE never could get Pet Jobs right.
    that's the bigger problem with PUP.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    even if they did get it right, i still wouldn't want to be a pup. tossed my animator and never looked back. lolpinocchio

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    even if they did get it right, i still wouldn't want to be a pup. tossed my animator and never looked back. lolpinocchio
    I belive that in itself was a look back. Good thing you decided to post about it.

Apart from the pet job Summoner... SE doesn't know how to give pets WSs or abilities that are even remotely comparable to the average melee's damage output. When they figure out that making a pet more powerful than a decently-geared player will be balanced out by the fact that a pet cannot be controlled very accurately, is when pet jobs might be worth a spot in an 'end-game' alliance. Other than that, they are just for fun.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

if it's Nyxx on Bahamut, it's just a bought account. Parshath sold his 2 accounts awhile back (Parshath & Nyxx)... <_<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    if it's Nyxx on Bahamut, it's just a bought account. Parshath sold his 2 accounts awhile back (Parshath & Nyxx)... <_<
    Yep that would be mine, sold it to parshath when I quit. That makes me sad though, I hope it was not purchased by the chinese gilfarmers.

But at least the little guy is still around and kicking somewhere.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    Yep that would be mine, sold it to parshath when I quit. That makes me sad though, I hope it was not purchased by the chinese gilfarmers.

But at least the little guy is still around and kicking somewhere.
    uuuh :o nice! I'll tell parsh. he can prolly get your account back. (haven't seen it in use on the server though, so I assume the new owner never got around to using it.)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

No I don't want it back, just wanted to know what happened to it.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

lol k. Was a good BLM tho :)