Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Windower problem for fresh FFXI installs

Windower problem for fresh FFXI installs
    Well I have a non-FFXI related issue that could probably go to their forums but maybe someone here has experienced this

After installing FFXI on new machines (my own and cousins), my windower will not open the FFXI application. POL will let me log in but as soon as I hit "PLAY" it will try to open a window and then close out completely.

I checked the running processes and do not see it.

I remember prior to changing Hard drives on my new PC (I had to install FFXI on the new HDD obviously), I had issues with some of the newer Windowers after like version 3.22. I have tried all versions of Windower from 3.20-3.24 on my new hard drive and it will not run FFXI itself.

I think you need to manually set the FFXI directory in the .ini file or something....

How stupid:

Quote Originally Posted by Windower.net FAQ
    ue has shed some more light on this issue.
    loque wrote:
    If anyone has a new MCE computer, click here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888795 or read this copied directly from Microsoft's KB:

Method 2: Reinstall the IR transceiver driver
    Remove the infrared (IR) transceiver driver from Windows Device Manager to force Windows to reinstall the driver. You do not have to restart the computer when you perform this procedure. To remove the IR transceiver driver from Windows Device Manager, follow these steps:1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
    3. Expand Human Interface Devices.
    4. Double-click Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver.
    5. On the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and then click OK
    6. Disconnect the IR receiver from the computer.
    7. Wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the IR receiver. Windows automatically detects the receiver and installs the correct driver.
    8. I added myself Ignore step 7. Your MCE copmuter will auto-install the Infared Transceiver hardware each time you reboot.
    9. Run Windower happily.
    Works >.>