Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Additions to GM Policy"     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    Most of the stuff listed is generic and doesn't help much. But even knowing this, it makes me feel better to be able to view the policies rather than being completely blind and taking a GM's word for it. Especially when the policies appear to vary from GM to GM... makes it easier to know if they are being honest or just being retarded.
    Well when I fought Ulli a little while ago, I called a GM to see if anything can be done about the 80 other people piled into the little room. The GM said it was perfectly ok to auto-follow Ulli since they want to claim it if it goes yellow, but the people standing in the kiting path were in the wrong and he will 'investigate'. So whenever someone gets in the way, just call a GM.

It's nice that they put this policy up just so you can quote it to the GM's when they start spouting BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Question
    What is the difference between harassment and inappropriate behavior?

Answer:
    Harassment is behavior or action that could deal mental damage to the sufferer. With inappropriate behavior, the main goal is to annoy other players or disturb their game play.

Oh snap I wish I had elemental attacks that can deal mental damage.
    I will be banned from LS chat for sure now.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Question
    What kinds of items can I have reimbursed?

Answer

Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    *) Items mistakenly destroyed
    *) Items mistakenly thrown
    *) Items mistakenly eaten
    omg i want all of my bomb cores back !!!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rotsu
    Question

Answer

Items reported lost within one week and which meet one or more of the following conditions can be reimbursed.
    omg i want all of my bomb cores back !!!
    GMs fucking suck... why did they waste time to say this shit? ; ; This won't help the Bomb Core lodged in that random jellie's ass in Garliage Citadel... nor will it help the Tiphia Sting in that Moblin's Eye in Newton Movalpolos... god damn a GM... x_x

I was about to say that, I'm amazed. PPA and Bomb Cores should be a cost suffered by the ignorant.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

i think mistakenly thrown means tossing it out of your inventory, like some people do when making room and are on a tossing spree, not so much thrown, you cant call a GM for throwing a throwing weapon.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Demitrius
    I was about to say that, I'm amazed. PPA and Bomb Cores should be a cost suffered by the ignorant.
    In my case (and probably others), I've been able to keep a throwing item for months on end before the inevitable happens. It's like shit that catches you off guard, and by the time you notice it and try to interupt, it's too late.

Can't really place that typa thing on ignorance... unless said person is losing PPAs, Core's and Stings every few weeks, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    i think mistakenly thrown means tossing it out of your inventory, like some people do when making room and are on a tossing spree, not so much thrown, you cant call a GM for throwing a throwing weapon.
    They mean thrown. Items destroyed (by removing from inventory) is just above that. No other real way to "destroy" an item. >.>

Question

Answer

I'm wondering about this. Is that like accidentally desynthing something? Can't think of any other way to "destroy" an item.

What would be the difference to "destroying" items then? The term "thrown" seems very accurate and I doubt they would use it to describe something which could be precisely labeled with another term.

I'd think that destroying means throwing something out. And maybe "ignorant" was a bit too harsh for the PPA, but throwing bomb cores and tathlums and such can certainly be avoided, and I'd think that something like accidentally vendoring a Kraken Club would be on that list before throwing a bomb core.

All I know is that my lost Joyeuse from a year ago cries out in pain that they're saying this NOW. And I'm sure a billion Rajas and Suppas are doing the same.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Demitrius
    I'd think that destroying means throwing something out. And maybe "ignorant" was a bit too harsh for the PPA, but throwing bomb cores and tathlums and such can certainly be avoided, and I'd think that something like accidentally vendoring a Kraken Club would be on that list before throwing a bomb core.

All I know is that my lost Joyeuse from a year ago cries out in pain that they're saying this NOW. And I'm sure a billion Rajas and Suppas are doing the same.
    I hear you on this part. Me thinks this is a sign of the game dying slowly-- if they had done this from the start, it would have kept alot of people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've come very very very close to desything things I didn't want to desynth, it's entirely possible that's what destroyed meant.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by fumbletweed
    What would be the difference to "destroying" items then? The term "thrown" seems very accurate and I doubt they would use it to describe something which could be precisely labeled with another term.
    I was thinking destroy = desynth, and throw = toss items out. They're 2 seperate things.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I think they just realized the problems is all.

Before they were sure your account couldn't be hacked or have anything done to it unless you gave the information out. Then the person usually lost all the items + gil and was left with nothing.

I'm sure you remember the screenshots of this that wound up in every facet of the FFXI community. Times have changed in the last 5 years, and SE has always been slow to react. That's why Windower is able to be used for months and months and months on end without encountering problems created by POL. Face it SE is slow...but the fact they they are still trying to meet our demands is a good sign.

(Although they started doing crap right about 6 months ago.)

So if i mistakenly toss my abyssal earring can i get a Suppanomimi back

I was thinking destroy = desynth, and throw = toss items out. They're 2 seperate things.
    I would just find it unusual to label it "throwing" when you drop an item. My current guess it that destroying items could include desynthing, dropping and maybe even npcing.
    Case in your point tho - throwing doesn't encompass accidently shooting a PPA etc., so I guess its time for someone to toss his bomb core and find out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I would just find it unusual to label it "throwing" when you drop an item. My current guess it that destroying items could include desynthing, dropping and maybe even npcing.
    Case in your point tho - throwing doesn't encompass accidently shooting a PPA etc., so I guess its time for someone to toss his bomb core and find out.
    But tossing an item isn't destroying it, the item sits there wherever you dropped it. Unfortunately, since this game lacks the feature, passers by can't pick it up (or even see it). It's still there though, just sitting and getting stepped over and eroded. NPCing items isn't destroying them because the NPC will take good care of them. The only way to "destroy" an item is with a Lightning crystal.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Im really surprized theyre doing this, but I suppose it is for the best, but a bit late bringing it up.

Honestly I think the person should be SOL if they throw/desynth/vendor/drop/etc a item, but I guess theres been enough complaints about it they cant really ignore it anymore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Im really surprized theyre doing this, but I suppose it is for the best, but a bit late bringing it up.

Honestly I think the person should be SOL if they throw/desynth/vendor/drop/etc a item, but I guess theres been enough complaints about it they cant really ignore it anymore.
    I'm willing to bet that 9 times out of 10 people will still be SOL. There will be times when they're able to get items back, but they won't be anything of significance. That's my theory.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Actually, I believe it does mean accidentally thrown as in /ra <t>. The items accidentally destroyed covers items that were dropped.

I think this is for all of the lost Bibiki Seashell's and Happy Eggs, which are Rare/Ex.