+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

New FF13 Video and Picture

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xct7VrBOJuc

Nice to see a new video after all this time.

And

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5010/sspc6ey8gj6.jpg

Big ass airship!

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow look at the sky in that screenshot.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Hmmm. Seems like a kind of stupid video, but it's FF13 so naturally it looks fucking amazing. I wonder (and doubt) if you'll be able to run around the whole of the airship because of new PS3 engine, or just little bits like in the previous FFs.

Anyway thanks for sharing it. Can anyone translate the juicy details?

A. Body
    BG Level

don't think that's an airship, more like a sky city or some kind of factory facility

but.... you sure those trailer scenes were made within that structure? wtf what kind of tools do they have to map that entire area in real time @@

i mean i imagined white engine would be powerful, but if they could do that whole area as a single real time mapped structure and then scale in on locations for gameplay then...... that's just "omfg no way" for me at this point...

A. Body
    BG Level

welcome back from mars, how was your vacation? :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That looks absolutely stunning... the Airship is so highly detailed too.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    welcome back from mars, how was your vacation? :D

i'm so behind on everything ; ;

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope the ingame graphics are like that. I remember being that amazed at the bouncer... and yeah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    I hope the ingame graphics are like that. I remember being that amazed at the bouncer... and yeah.
    lol I remember The Bouncer... that was a pretty good title for a launch game, actually.

looks like it might be free roam areas.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    Can anyone translate the juicy details?
    The narrator is just describing the process by which next-generation media for games are created. He says it takes much more effort than previous generation media and goes on to describe the process of wireframing/texturing/lighting the 'giant airship' (the words of the narrator), blah blah blah. Nothing specific to FFXIII. Doesn't even say if that's a cutscene-onry model or if it's going to be a real in game map model to run around in.

don't think that's an airship, more like a sky city or some kind of factory facility

but.... you sure those trailer scenes were made within that structure? wtf what kind of tools do they have to map that entire area in real time @@

i mean i imagined white engine would be powerful, but if they could do that whole area as a single real time mapped structure and then scale in on locations for gameplay then...... that's just "omfg no way" for me at this point...
    Ever played grand theft auto? The technology is nothing new.. you just cut down on detail of stuff far away.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Devek

Ever played grand theft auto? The technology is nothing new.. you just cut down on detail of stuff far away.
    in case you can't tell the difference between what's shown in the video and what's used in old games like GTA and even WoW.. i boldened the key terms in my last post for ya

by the way, SE said they are gonna show brand new footage from FF13 and FFvs13 in jump festa 07 (which is this weekend) hope it's not the ones released this past week XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It's a prequel, right?

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sequel. Penelo wouldn't be dressed that nicely if she was still a random orphan. =P

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Sequel. Penelo wouldn't be dressed that nicely if she was still a random orphan. =P
    Ooo sequel, that's awesome.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually, more like a post-branch-off. Doesn't really continue the story, but the characters you play come into contact with Penelo and Vaan at some points throughout the story AFTER the fall of the Vayne's empire.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

sorry if im a bit behind in the times but what system is Rev. wings for? Looks like DS but ive been wrong before.