Thread: XBOX360 and POLID     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

XBOX360 and POLID

Ok, I dont have an X360, nor will I ever own one. Someone in my LS got FFXI for X360, and he used a friends acct to update the files. Now, he says that his xbox live acct is permanently linked to that POLID. He's really lazy, and wont read the manual, and I dont know how to unlink the ID to the live acct.

does anyone know how it can be done, if it can indeed be done ?

Naver

I believe it's only 1 account to 1 xboxlive subscription. It's just like how you cannot have two LIVE ids on one xbox360. It even says in the manual that 1 POLID becomes linked with the 360 from registration.

You can use guests POLIDs still, but you would be using your friends Live subscription.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

wow, xbox fucking sucks...

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I have 2 Live IDs on mine and a FFXI Char linked to each. You can only link one POLID to one Xbox Live ID tho. I'm sure there is a way to unlink it tho, just have to not be lazy and look for it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

you can't unlink it (which blows), too bad he didn't make a second free (silver) account and use it for his friends pol account to update, leaving his main live account to his pol account. that's how i set mine up, although i never even use anything besides the pc for ffxi... he can always make a new silver account for his ffxi character, but it's going to be stuck separate from the rest of his xbox live achievements/friends list/etc.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have 3 Live IDs. You can have as many Live ID's as you want.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

yeah i had a friend's account who i was helping get through CoP, so was playing him very frequently.

i created his own xboxlive silver account, linked his POLID to it, and have had no problems whatsoever in using it.

that said, it is a pain in the ass.

at the same time, for us mac users who can't play ffxi on teh computer, it gives us computer quality graphics, draw distances, etc, and a really sweet controller lol. i went back to run my girlfriend somewhere while she was driving over to my place, and i used the ps2 and was like 'horry clap, i played on this for two years?'