+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Boss fight an eqipment help please.

I cant seem to beat judge on airship ghis i think his name is. Most my pt is from lv 9-13 and i got cure on all char and got gambits for cure 70% hp potion 60% hp. So far i can only get him alittle past 1/2 his health. My blm is fran an ashe is my whm an penala got some spells like cure an nukes and i got spear on vaan. I guess i just need to know his weakness and also i used warp mote on other guys with ghis but was busy an didnt see if it got rid of them does anyone know? or should i just save.

As for gear i been getting most weapons i think each char should use but not sure if i got it right can anyone tell me what weapons are good with what char ? so far im sword/spear on vaan. gun/bomb on bal sword/ax on bash bow an arrow on fran an club/staff/sword on ashe but some weapons i used lp on but dont got the weapons yet like axes staffs an clubs. Thats about it but also can anyone tell me what job each char is good as like should i make one char magick only or what.

Thank you for any help you can offer :D

As for setting up my chars ... I zerged towards the Quickenings. I had them all by level 24.

My point is ... I used Quickenings on all Boss fights at start. Usually solves problem. Use first three ... sub out ... use second three.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not a big fan of the quickenings, I find the fights much more interesting to do straightup, the quickenings seem to make a lot of the fights way too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    I'm not a big fan of the quickenings, I find the fights much more interesting to do straightup, the quickenings seem to make a lot of the fights way too easy.
    I think the quickenings should do more damage then they do for the amount of MP they kill >.<;

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarwen
    I think the quickenings should do more damage then they do for the amount of MP they kill >.<;
    Besides the demon wall fight, I pretty much only used them when I was at 1 bar left on one person and would just rely on mist charging for it. If you are lucky, still does a good amount of damage for not much MP wasted.

I think I only did that on the final esper though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i beat him using 3 mists . I thought i was to low to beat em but guess i was wrong. btw anyone know a good lv an farming spot around lv 11 ? i wanna be atleast lv 14 before i do next part in story.

Tonko

Go to the Lhuzu Mines in Bhujerba.

There's a section of bridge that spawns nothing but Undead.

Good place to make gil early on too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

kk thank you

Tonko

Use R2 to flee 2 zones away to reset all the spawns, and you can chain as high as you want here.

The zone after this, where you fought the bounty hunters, also has many undead spawn, so you can alternate between the two untill spawns dry up, then run 2 away, come back, rinse, repeat.

That was the first boss I had trouble with too (the judge on the airship). I didn't even know what quickenings were but after about 15 tries I beat him.

It was only being at the demon wall with gimp gear that I got quickenings lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just beat demon door like 2hr ago im on big fire guy atm but stop playing till later. Btw before you enter tomb you fight garuda but why is she on fire ? isnt garuda godess of wind?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gandorf
    I just beat demon door like 2hr ago im on big fire guy atm but stop playing till later. Btw before you enter tomb you fight garuda but why is she on fire ? isnt garuda godess of wind?
    Mythologically speaking, Garuda is simply a huge fucking bird.

garudas in this game are giant birds with glowy feathers, if they don't glow, they're garuda-egis

Quickenings are good for:

1) The rare mark that WON'T DIE once it hits ~5%...

2) Killing Enkidu quick during Gilgamesh v2....

Any other use = overkill

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco II
    Quickenings are good for:

1) The novelty of seeing the animations.
    Fixed for accuracy. :wink:

quickening zergs dont really work on things like fafnir unless you over level, which is basically the same effect