Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Mog House Energy Affecting Opposite Crystal Synths?

On a recent whim I decided to take the jump from "faint" to "powerful" lightning energy in my moghouse to help desynthesis rates and results.

Here's what I had on display in my Mog House Before:
    Bastokan Flag (+8 Lighntning Energy I think, Moghancement: Conquest)
    Magic Set (+2 Lightning Energy, Moghancemet: xxx)

And after:
    Tarutaru Stool x 40 (+1 Lightning Energy each, Moghancement: Desynthesis)
    (All other items were taken out of layout so that I can keep Desynthesis Moghancement active)

Now the results:
    Varying moon phases & days & directions yielded a worse desynth rate and I lost more items than I normally do.

But the interesting part
    I've been fishing for my LuShangs for a few months and after getting powerful lightning energy & moghancement: desynthesis I've lost more earth crystal synths (crafting insect paste) and of those losses, the majority of them have been critical failures.

This is in contrast to me usually breaking ~1 a stack and losing something cheap like a little worm.

While I've noticed this with a relatively cheap synth, it makes me wonder if later on when crafting Haubs (an earth crystal synth) if I should ditch the stools lining my Mog House.

Any input or personal experience with this is appreciated

I've always crafted on Lightningsday when using an Earth Crystal since eart was strong to it and have had great results. I'd say keep em in there for a while, craft on lightningsday using not too high end of a synth and experiment.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Lightningsday has always been a horrible horrible day for me. crit fails all over the place. And on random moon phases.

When i craft i use to try this but i never really had much luck getting any higher HQ rate on de-synth's, So now i just try to keep my mog house equiped with Moghancement: Alchemy for my extra +1 on synths

i think the server heard my post.

Today i successfully desynthed the same thing (leather belts) with about a 60% success rate and a few HQ2's scattered in there.

I also broke a lot less of my insect paste synths and when i did I only lost 1 or 2 of the ingredients.

/shrug, chalk it up to complete randomness again. Thanks for the input guys