Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Attestation Run Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    You do not need to do a double sack pull for the Hydra NM's but the adds have a *VERY* large aggro/link range.
    Do not risk it

Sure you CAN do it w/o doing dual sac pull, but why risk it. Especially if you are new to the runs. Double sac pull them. Its consistently safe. If you do that, the regular popped hydras will be of 0 consequence. My glory didnt drop until like kill number 8 or 9, so Im speaking from exstinsive experience with the NM you want to kill. We've done both ways and the headache of having to worry about his 6 just wasn't worth it. Just have one person aggro and die to pre-pop everything. Then just do a normal death pull to bring Gaupofapfapfap to your camp. If you pre-pop and your camp is far enough away from the tower then you will have 0 problems, with 0 risk.
    It's really not a risk. I don't see what is that difficult about having your pullers stand back far enough that they are *just* barely able to F8 target the NM, if you at the max targetting range & wait until your sack puller aggros the mob and runs then you will not get hate on the additional Hydras he spawns. We just did an Attestation Run again last night & did Goubal, Velo & Milda & had no problems with any of them doing this strategy, even on Mild who runs at flee speed & can be a real whore sometimes.
    did i not say you can do it? Yes I know you can do it. But its going to be their first try. Safety during your first time > doing it like a master. The aggro Ive seen from experience didn't even come from group, it came from the second puller who gets the NM. It was our first few times trying to lock down the startegy and perfection in pull stances, paths and execution had not been acquired. Im just telling you the "you can't fuck up this way" strategy.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Im just telling you the "you can't fuck up this way" strategy.
    I don't know about that, I've found that it's amazing what people can fuck up, lol.

If you want a amazing strat on how to get to nue tower very very easily, send me a PM, it involves zero cheating, and you get to walk by about 100 hydras, its funny to see.

No offense Garret, but your way has fucked up many times before. I've heard about your LS fucking up on that pull several times, and I wouldn't trust it if I wanted an atst.

I definitely think that double sac pull is best way to do it. Get someoen with THF sub to lead the charge and he should be the only person to die.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fucking up on what, pulling the NM's themselves?

We've had screw-ups on the strike team doing the Eye here and there, but on the NM's themselves I can think of 2x in 2 years that we've messed up on the NM's at all, and both of those times it was because we were too close, and that is why I say if you are far enough away it won't happen.

So if you want to say that is 'several times', then yeah sure we have, however, the reason I give the advice on it is because I can tell from personal experience what is too close, and what is too far.

I have never received linked aggro from the pull when I have been out far enough to just barely be able to F8 target the NM itself before the pull, times that I have been in closer I have occasionally received linked aggro.

Any strategy works as long as you do it properly and understand the reason behind it.

We've only used 1 THF to aggro the NMs every time; Voker stays way back, THF aggros NM, stuff pops, as soon as it starts to move, voker goes in and grabs main NM, put some distance between fight and the tower you pulled from and you won't get links.

You get links when said voker gets too excited and moves too early, semi-aggroing the popped mobs before they link onto the main NM.

We've had screw-ups on the strike team doing the Eye here and there
    Some times I forget this forum exists, so forgive my slow response. I was referring the eye NM, not the Atst hydra NMs. I know several times just off the top of my head, in the last 5 months or so, that the "strike" team screwed it up.

It's pretty hard to wipe on the actual hydra NMs, but they can be glitchy.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    How many people do you have in your raid?

If you dont have enough people to clear the whole hydra place, have 6 ppl with hermes quencher and reraise flee to Nue's tree, die, reraise and kill the eye that spawn the NM (they can tele-vahlz after and come back). We did attestation with 18-24people a few times, it shouldnt be a problem if you are more.
    I can't imagine how many people you'd need to reasonably clear your way to Nue's tower. Suicide run seems to be the absolute quickest, most effective method.
    My LS has cleared everything to Nue before with about 40. It wasn't pretty but it worked. I just wanted to show them what Hydra were like and get them some experience.

Strike team is definately the best way to go. Make sure your people know what they are doing and have them do a test run before the raid. So they don't get lost.

Ive gotten alot of pvt msges in regards on how to get to nue tower super easy, and how to do it with 2 ppl, with only 1 death combined getting to tower.

So this is the step by step instructions on how to do it Ill use my example chars and names that i played both myself doing it. Cailleach rdm/nin, and Senseless pld/nin, yup, popping attestation mobs with only 2 people lol. Rest of the group should be working towards the rest of TE's like a normal run. For the nice people who wish to send me a PM saying thx for this explination, ill throw in a few tips on how to get extra time out of the run without having to fight mobs

Prep should be powder boots, and 10+ charges of reraise for rdm(charges are for safety for new ppl to this strat, can do it with 5 otherwise)

Puller should have 1 reraise(or can log off at end of pull)

I have color coated the paths.

Red = cailleach
    Blue = senseless
    Green = hydra eyes/mobs etc

Blue circle(puller) pulls green circle(eye), which might take a few min trying to target the eye there. But can be done. Red circle(nue tower person who has reraise on) waits until hydras start to run past before running along red path until reaching pink circle. At this point, use powder boots, and keep following red path aggroing alot less mobs as you would otherwise and die at the black ending circle. Wait for mobs to head back to pop spots, and your ready to start with the nue tower eye after you reraise up.

Puller runs SE a bit, to avoid any possible spells on pull, waits about 30 seconds to a min so that he won't be anywhere close to a spell, then runs along blue path until back at start or X, doesn't really matter. At this point you can log urself off, or just wait for mobs to come kill you, suggestion is to keep running towards start until the runner says they at the pink section about to use powder boots. At that point they will probably have zero problems getting to nue tower.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...towerstrat.jpg

Now for what i do with that 1 rdm, i suggest rdm/nin for this, simply because of how much time you have between casts, and mp is easier for rdm then blm.

When fully rested or full mp while weak, doesn't matter when you start. The order of abilities i used was. Refresh > reraise hairpin(less time between uses) > uts ni > wait until bio2 wears, and poison2(if it landed). You can cast inside the tower, so be sure to target the eye again as soon as you getup after a reraise. And redo the order. Refresh > hairpin > uts ni > bio2/poison2 after it wears(bio2 always first). Don't bother nuking outside the first try when your unweak(chainspell nukes work ok) to get some extra dmg at the start done. Just make sure you still start with bio2 and psn2, and you'll do fine, first time i did this strat, i got the eye to 15% and got greedy and nuked, and didn't have mp to continue the order of bio2/psn2. So might take you 2 tries, hence the 10+ reraise charges.

My rdm cailleach is really gimp without any good gear. Each bio2/poison2 round should take off 20-30% hp on the eye. So you'll need 4-5 reraises. Which isn't even much exp for 1 rdm.

Hardest part is finding a decent rdm who doesn't care about exp to do it

Any further things need elaboration on, i can explain more for the slower ppl. I may have missed something also, cuz i did this in like 10 min.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Setats

We've had screw-ups on the strike team doing the Eye here and there
    Some times I forget this forum exists, so forgive my slow response. I was referring the eye NM, not the Atst hydra NMs. I know several times just off the top of my head, in the last 5 months or so, that the "strike" team screwed it up.

It's pretty hard to wipe on the actual hydra NMs, but they can be glitchy.
    Ah, well in that case yeah our strike team screwed up 2-3 times in the last few months. Although we are 3/3 on our last strike team attempts since switching making some small changes to the party, primary change being trying to use mainly Sam for DD in the party.

What I was talking about in the post where you had originally commented on was pulling the NM's themselves, not the Eye which spawns them.