Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attestation Run Help     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Attestation Run Help

Hey everyone,

One of the paladins in my dynamis shell is getting close to Caliburn, so I am thinking of making an attestation run sometime soon. I know all the zones in and out, but one thing I have never touched on is attestation mobs, and we have only fought a few hydra, and the results were not great because we went completely unprepared.

The main sites I use for dynamis info are Dynamisbums, killingifrit, and the dynamis maps from dona.dip.jp...Only problem is I cannot seem to find any strategy for attestation mobs. I do know you need to kill the eye to pop the nm's. But I have no idea what we need for preparation.

So I guess my main questions would be

1. Do you guys know of any sites that give detailed info on attestation runs?
    2. Is there a specific path through the hydra you take that provides and easy way though?
    3. Any specific jobs needed?
    4. Meds (other then usual dynamis meds)
    5. What to expect on the way through the hydra and what to expect from the NM.

Thanks for your help!
    -Sleek

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How many people do you have in your raid?

If you dont have enough people to clear the whole hydra place, have 6 ppl with hermes quencher and reraise flee to Nue's tree, die, reraise and kill the eye that spawn the NM (they can tele-vahlz after and come back). We did attestation with 18-24people a few times, it shouldnt be a problem if you are more.

The NM are pretty easy (except the nin/mnk one maybe, but I never fought it >_>). Anyway, the one for sword is WAR+PLD+RDM, and is probably the easiest of the bunch. Just zerg it like you would zerg any NM.

To pull the NM, it's recommanded to have someone pop everything around the NM, than have a suicide pull to get it (you will get a ton of unwanted add otherwise)

Edit:

If you want "detailed" info, just check the wiki
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dynamis_-_Beaucedine
    It should be more than enough to get ready for the run.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Attestation Run Help

Quote Originally Posted by sleekmotorwurkz
    2. Is there a specific path through the hydra you take that provides and easy way though?
    We tried taking our full group up to the Nue tower just once, and it was bloody. What has been working much better for us now is to send a strike team in and kill the statue that spawns the NM's. This leaves the rest of the alliance free to farm other areas.

We used:
    PLD/THF (with W. Legs)
    MNK
    RNG
    WHM

If everyone is on the ball, they can usually make it to Nue's Tower with just one death, maybe two. They drop their glasses, and re-enter once they've spawned the NM's

5. What to expect on the way through the hydra and what to expect from the NM.
    This gave us fits...

The Attestation NM themselves aren't that bad to deal with, the problem is the NM will spawn 6 buddies. In your case Gobulfaupe will spawn with 2x Hydra PLD, 2x Hydra RDM, and 2x Hydra WAR. The problem that we kept having was each time the NM would two-hour, the Hydra-Helpers would run over and gang-bang the alliance.

We tried a basic sac-pull, where we took one person for the sac, then one to tag the main NM, and drag it back to the alliance. Each time the main NM would use a two hour, we were hosed.

We ended up winning by having everyone that could, kite one of the six helpers away from the alliance while we killed the NM.

Is there anyway of keeping the helpers off you when the main NM uses a two-hour?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

^
    Like I said, you need 2 sacrifice pull. First one to pop everything, and 2nd is the normal suicide pull. They will only link first time since all NM have shared hate

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You do not need to do a double sack pull for the Hydra NM's but the adds have a *VERY* large aggro/link range.

The strategy we use when pulling them is to send a Thf to body pull the NM with flee, and we have a tank standing out of sight of the NM. The Thf will then run past the tank & the tank will then voke the NM off of them.

If your NM puller is to close to the suicide puller then they will end up getting hate on the adds.

It has worked fine for us in the past.

My best party recommendation for a strike team to the tower is.

Thf
    Rdm
    Nin/War
    Sam/Thf x3

Give each member 2 Powder Boots to use, and poison pots to prevent sleepga. Once you train all the way to tower die & then RR up on the NW side of the Nue tower. Once they have rested up have the Thf sac pull the Eye inside the tower with PD/Flee & drop their glass on the way out as they run away. Have the Nin pull the Eye off the Thf, and then have the Sams unload. This ensures the Eye dies quickly and reliably, even if it is complete overkill.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    You do not need to do a double sack pull for the Hydra NM's but the adds have a *VERY* large aggro/link range.
    This is a little more consistent with our experience.

Our first run at attestation mobs we had 32 people and we managed to kill two NMs (RDM/WAR/PLD and THF/NIN/MNK) without a double sac pull.

We went back a second time about a month later with 25 people, and tried to double-sac pull the NM and got hosed.

Do you do anything special on your double sac-pull?

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Do not risk it

Sure you CAN do it w/o doing dual sac pull, but why risk it. Especially if you are new to the runs. Double sac pull them. Its consistently safe. If you do that, the regular popped hydras will be of 0 consequence. My glory didnt drop until like kill number 8 or 9, so Im speaking from exstinsive experience with the NM you want to kill. We've done both ways and the headache of having to worry about his 6 just wasn't worth it. Just have one person aggro and die to pre-pop everything. Then just do a normal death pull to bring Gaupofapfapfap to your camp. If you pre-pop and your camp is far enough away from the tower then you will have 0 problems, with 0 risk.

As for the eye, practice makes people relize it isnt so hard and can be done even w/o clearing out some fomor. Even that said, we cleared the fomor if we had the force and time, we didn't neccassarily have to and in some cases didn't when we only had a crew of 24ish. Be careful on the pull of the eye as well. Other then that the eye can be blasted away with just a few people.

EDIT: On new PC I dont have spell check. God Im awful w/o it

Also I should mention the actual NM fight itself. Its easy with a 18-24+ roster with people that know what they are doing, but be careful on your first attempt. The biggest thing to watch is your tanks. Hopefully they are good and hate isnt an issue, but what can be an issue is becoming unlucky and eating something unexpectadly and having a tank die. Even though hes a push over when tanked by tanks, he can be real messy if someone dies and he starts gaupofapping on mages. Just saying from experience, I died once and he went on a rampage killing a bunch of back line crew, lots of them in quick order, before hate was reestablished and he was killed.

Attestation popping and fights isn't hard at all with experience, but if its your first time, just be careful.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

If you dont have enough people to clear the whole hydra place, have 6 ppl with hermes quencher and reraise flee to Nue's tree, die, reraise and kill the eye that spawn the NM (they can tele-vahlz after and come back). We did attestation with 18-24people a few times, it shouldnt be a problem if you are more.
    I can't imagine how many people you'd need to reasonably clear your way to Nue's tower. Suicide run seems to be the absolute quickest, most effective method.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier

I can't imagine how many people you'd need to reasonably clear your way to Nue's tower. Suicide run seems to be the absolute quickest, most effective method.
    Manaburn did it one time, it was a fun diversion. Hardly an effective use of time, though.

I believe my old Dynamis shell did it more than once as well, in a normal setup. We had 40-50 people though and it was pretty difficult.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, I kinda agree with you. We always used suicide run method and there is no reason not to, but I know it can be cleared by 40ppl+ no problem. Not that any LS has that many people nowaday. >_>

Off topic kinda, what's the smallest amount of people you can have to clear the boss? We managed to get to it with 16-17 a while ago, but wiped at 10-20% to chainspell death. Is there any decent strats, like countering chainspell with chainspell/stun, or is it imune?

Well, I kinda agree with you. We always used suicide run method and there is no reason not to, but I know it can be cleared by 40ppl+ no problem. Not that any LS has that many people nowaday. >_>

Off topic kinda, what's the smallest amount of people you can have to clear the boss? We managed to get to it with 16-17 a while ago, but wiped at 10-20% to chainspell death. Is there any decent strats, like countering chainspell with chainspell/stun, or is it imune?
    CS-Stun works unless he puts up magic shield, though he has a tendency to slip a death through on the chainspeller.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    CS-Stun works unless he puts up magic shield, though he has a tendency to slip a death through on the chainspeller.
    Can probably handle a few death. Losing 7-8 ppl with dragon comming back was just too much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Angra's CS Death can be countered by having a couple good PLDs hold hate with W legs the entire fight, then when he gets low on HP have them both run off in opposite directions...Angra will chase after them to get close enough to cast Death on them. Usually this will knock off most of his Chainspell since he'll be running around looking for the top person on his hate list during most of it.

Attestation runs with a PLD leading is too risky unless he's /NIN, i trained the way myself with W legs + Mazurka and there is no way you can get through that without luck being factored in, you can get bound / gravitied so easily. Easiest way is have a THF/NIN run all the way up the ramp and die there, everyone else can manage to stay alive if they run to a seperate portion of that top part of the ramp...i dont know if Flee can make it all the way to Nue tower but Hermes Quencher might pull it off.

Next you have two choices: THF runs all the way to Nue tower, uses Perfect Dodge while aggroing the eye and run back towards the group to let them get the eye, then drop glass...THF will probably die this way and you'll need a Poison/Venom Potion to deal with Sleepga while you're using Perfect Dodge.

Other choice is to let the full 5-6 person group sac to behind the Nue tower, Reraise, let THF sac back towards the Hydra section after he aggros the NM and everyone else grabs it off him and kills it, then everyone drops glass. This is the "safest" method but it takes about 10 minutes more.

Hydra NMs are pretty easy, if you sac them to pop the hydras surrounding them they will blow 1 2hr, the only difficult NMs are BST/SMN/DRG (never tried this one personally but its a strategical nightmare) and NIN/MNK/THF (easy if you get lucky on when he uses Mijin, but Hundred Fists can be a real pain). I've taken all except BST/SMN/DRG down with around 25-28, they're not as hard as some people think...although they do hit kinda hard. A group of 15-18 could do them without any problems at all if you know what you're doing, just remember that you need to pull the NM far away from the damn tower because hydras will blood aggro your asses.

We've won with 18ish, IF he has magic shield up during 2hr you can Shadowbind or just run in all different directions (who knows who has hate after tank goes down!).

He often doesn't seriously CS the Death, he started doing TP moves in between when we beat him Tuesday (25ish, nice and easy) which made it much easier, but i've also seen him strike people down pretty damn fast in succession.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Do not risk it

Sure you CAN do it w/o doing dual sac pull, but why risk it. Especially if you are new to the runs. Double sac pull them. Its consistently safe. If you do that, the regular popped hydras will be of 0 consequence. My glory didnt drop until like kill number 8 or 9, so Im speaking from exstinsive experience with the NM you want to kill. We've done both ways and the headache of having to worry about his 6 just wasn't worth it. Just have one person aggro and die to pre-pop everything. Then just do a normal death pull to bring Gaupofapfapfap to your camp. If you pre-pop and your camp is far enough away from the tower then you will have 0 problems, with 0 risk.
    It's really not a risk. I don't see what is that difficult about having your pullers stand back far enough that they are *just* barely able to F8 target the NM, if you at the max targetting range & wait until your sack puller aggros the mob and runs then you will not get hate on the additional Hydras he spawns. We just did an Attestation Run again last night & did Goubal, Velo & Milda & had no problems with any of them doing this strategy, even on Mild who runs at flee speed & can be a real whore sometimes.

As far as avoiding Chainspell Death, you can actually survive it with just one tank but it's somewhat tricky. In my opinion the best way to deal with fighting him is to have whatever tank held him during the dragon pull to stay at near max range, and more importantly, away from the alliance. The Eye is very similar to JoL in staying back to cast at you, this is especially helpful when he casts Graviga before warping each time, it will center on a tank away from the alliance meaning the rest of the alliance will not get gravitied and can get to him faster. In terms of avoiding CS Death, it requires a bit of finesse, but you can get around max spell range for him & he will try to cast Death at you, but if you are careful about it you can still get out of range. This may sound a bit farfetched but we have had 2-3 fights on him where nobody at all died from CS Death, so it does work if you do it properly.

CS Stun on him is probably easier though.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Do not risk it

It's really not a risk. I don't see what is that difficult about having your pullers stand back far enough that they are *just* barely able to F8 target the NM, if you at the max targetting range & wait until your sack puller aggros the mob and runs then you will not get hate on the additional Hydras he spawns. We just did an Attestation Run again last night & did Goubal, Velo & Milda & had no problems with any of them doing this strategy, even on Mild who runs at flee speed & can be a real whore sometimes.

As far as avoiding Chainspell Death, you can actually survive it with just one tank but it's somewhat tricky. In my opinion the best way to deal with fighting him is to have whatever tank held him during the dragon pull to stay at near max range, and more importantly, away from the alliance. The Eye is very similar to JoL in staying back to cast at you, this is especially helpful when he casts Graviga before warping each time, it will center on a tank away from the alliance meaning the rest of the alliance will not get gravitied and can get to him faster. In terms of avoiding CS Death, it requires a bit of finesse, but you can get around max spell range for him & he will try to cast Death at you, but if you are careful about it you can still get out of range. This may sound a bit farfetched but we have had 2-3 fights on him where nobody at all died from CS Death, so it does work if you do it properly.

CS Stun on him is probably easier though.
    real winners sac a blm that throws off a ga to kill everythings first 2hr.... lol good times.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1 Blm can actually get in closer to spawn all the mobs & still have time to get off a -Ga 3 before they die?

It would still seem like a waste, the hassle of doing the NM + Spawns at the same time is more so that it's a pain in the ass to handle all the Hydra while dealing with the NM, or deal with the NM while handling that many Hydra, not so much that they use their 2 hours.

Also, even -Ga'ing them not all jobs would use their 2 hours right away from a -Ga 3.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

1 Blm can actually get in closer to spawn all the mobs & still have time to get off a -Ga 3 before they die?

It would still seem like a waste, the hassle of doing the NM + Spawns at the same time is more so that it's a pain in the ass to handle all the Hydra while dealing with the NM, or deal with the NM while handling that many Hydra, not so much that they use their 2 hours.

Also, even -Ga'ing them not all jobs would use their 2 hours right away from a -Ga 3.
    Nahhhhhh we had someone agro then a crazy blm nuked them all for the hell of it.... most of them 2hred the 2 times we did it.. was funny... would be good for the mnk/nin/ w/e it is though