+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Have you heard of Combat Ki...? Wow.

http://www.stupidity.org/video/1399/Combat_Ki

That is the craziest thing I've seen in a really long time...

Xavier

All of the Earth's Special Forces fight using their KI lol!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/06efc3d0.gif
    On subject though, I don't really think that video can be serious.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i remember seeing stuff about this a couple years ago.

4 way neck punches with no damage is amazing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Where the hell is Krillin?!?!?

He's the best imo

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It is, lol. You can find out about a lot of insane martial arts techniques after doing some research, and some of it is really amazing. I remember reading about this one guy who can knock you on your ass by yelling at you, using the soundwaves to react with the water in your body, seen another guy pull a truck with a rope tied to his cock etc etc.

Some people in this world are just amazing at what they do >_>

edit: If you want to see a show filled with such things, go download episodes of Mind, Body and Kickass Moves. Was a show that ran on Discovery for a while, there's some pretty cool shit there.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Machazareel
    I remember reading about this one guy who can knock you on your ass by yelling at you, using the soundwaves to react with the water in your body.
    Links/Video or it didn't happen.

And ya @ Xavier, I thought DBZ right away too lmao. Although, I won't agree it isn't real, it seems very probably especially since it's more of a mind over matter idea not actual "Ki." Although, it does make the inner-child in me, who still yearns to be a "ZWarrior," interested lol.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah, I've seen this before. It's some seriously cool shit. Watching someone take a shot to the throat or *gasp* sack like that is pretty darn impressive.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

You know, if you could do this you could pick up any chick. Imagine the possibilities. Just walking up to people and talking shit, then not even flinching when they punch you in the face. Then give them a look like, bitch you better gtfo before I decide to hit your ass back! heh.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I wonder how well some of those guys can tolerate a bullet or crow bar to the face.

I can see them maybe taking a punch, maybe two, but im gonna say if I start punching and kicking repeatedly, theyll fall just like anyone else.

Its a nifty sideshow trick, but nothing else. They probably have to 'mentally' prepare themselves too, doubt it would hold up well with a surprize jab to the throat.

Actually, that's pretty much it- the human body can withstand much more punishment as long as it's properly braced to accept it.

A popular myth is that the magician Houdini died as a result of failing to anticipate a blow to the abdomen from a fan, causing a ruptured appendix and death. (It was actually appendicitis, a bacterial infection)

Truth is, it just must have hurt like a sonfabitch, cause that's exactly how he reacted.

long url

A RARE genetic defect that takes away pain could lead to the development of new and safer analgesic drugs, say scientists.

A British-led team of researchers have identified the pain-killing gene mutation after studying three related families living in Pakistan.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You have no muscles at your throat so I have a hard time believing you can take a punch like that to it without getting injured.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Check out a TV series called "Mind, Body & Kickass Moves", it was a BBC3 documentary I think, it pretty much covers everything including the shouting that somebody mentioned (there's a monk who can ring a massive bell from shouting this way), this Ki, loads of martial arts etc.
    It's an alright program, the presenter isn't so great but he's a martial arts master so he fits the bill. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8qsBA-bwtQ

The Japanese Kiyai

The dude says with a strong kiai, its dangerous doing more than 2 of em in a row on the same person, or the person risks internal injury.

lol

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man, after watching about an hour's worth of videos from that show on YouTube, I've come to realize how retarded/inefficient/weak "American" style fighting is (punching with your biceps, etc).

If you want to learn how to fuck someone up, go to Japan for six months or something. If it wasn't for the fact that I never fight, I'd probably do just that... even being able to posses that kind of skill is really, really cool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Some of those are pretty impressive, others, idk. Those philipino knife arts are really amazing with people skilled at them, I've seen some guys do that live before, it's amazing how easily they just move around and always seem to find the perfect spot to hit and down someone in one shot. I don't really buy the 'supernatural' stuff at all though(like "I scream, guy falls down for no apparent reason" or "I can hit you without touching you").

Derren Brown doing what all these guys 'seem' to be doing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdJf-rTVFo

Except he has absolutly no martial arts training or "psychic power" whatsover. He's just good at tricking people.

Makes you think how many more people know about that and do just what he does, but without outright saying it's fake and claiming it to be some sort of special power instead.

an, after watching about an hour's worth of videos from that show on YouTube, I've come to realize how retarded/inefficient/weak "American" style fighting is (punching with your biceps, etc).
    That's partly because a lot of 'american fighting' is tailored almost exclusively for use in sports or, at the most, for pinning someone down, which means rules, no 'dirty moves', etc, while all these arts are assuming whoever attacks you has the full intention of killing you and you have to do whatever you gotta do to survive. More often than not means either killing or completly disabling your attacker for a very long time, as fast as possible. It's kinda like that wang chun guy talks about normal people punching, you go all stiff, stamp on the ground, yell your lungs out, which makes you feel like the strongest guy in the world, and is all flashy in the "look how macho I am" sort of way, but it's the worst way ever to do things if you want to actually hurt someone, you're stressing your muscles more than you should be. That's more or less what the 'sports' techniques are like when compared to these arts

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm amazed I haven't seen an "it's over 9000!" joke yet.

What's up with your hair in your avatar, Xavier. If that is you. :O

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    What's up with your hair in your avatar, Xavier. If that is you. :O
    theres a photoshop brush filter applied to the pic to apply a black outline to it a bit, make it less realistic.