Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Worthwhile Assault rare/ex items? (was: Karasuageha)

For those who can't be bothered to look it up:

NIN70 katana
    Damage 29, Delay 190
    Assault: Damage 33, Subtle Blow +1

I've been spamming Evade and Escape for Lebros AP, and on one of our runs a ??? Dagger was appraised as this. As the only member with NIN even near 70 (about 60 right now), it went to me.

Is this at all worthwhile to actually use? In Assault or otherwise? Or should it be relegated to my mannequin until I decide I need the space for something more important?

It would probably be only useful in Assault if you want the low delay. At level 70, 2xFudo would outdo Fudo+Karasuageha.

could be a decent offhand/tp katana but fudos own

Decent offhand, just about the same delay as Hogogitsu without the Parry skill and ACC +.

Personally I don't think its really that worthwhile.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bah, okay. It's the second rare/ex we've gotten, the first being Storm Earring (MP +15 and Enmity -4 during Assault only.) I was hoping I'd scored something decent, even though it didn't really look like it.

On a related note, I'm curious as to what rare/ex items from Assault WOULD be considered worthwhile by you folks that are much more knowledgeable than me. I've been very tempted to nudge people towards Searat Salvation in hopes of picking up an Assassin's Jambiya, and I'd love to know if it'd be worth it. I'd also like to know if there's stuff I should gravitate towards on the off chance I'll make my friends omgsuparleet, too.

Yeah, I know, not likely to drop, but it's nice to dream.

Witty Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eticket Pogona
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

some ls mates got a Puk Lance a while back that they let me lot on. It seems ok but the Mezraq is better overall unless I need to go /mage. most of the assault items seem nice but most people who do assault regularly already have equipment that outclasses the assualt drops.

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got Storm Manalopas (sp?) from the ??? gloves in an assault right when my Nin was 48. Beat out two others on the lot who were NIN75 at the time, but honestly I got the most use out of them.

Level 50: Def 16, Emn+ 3 Eva+ 6. All jobs.

These beat even Arhat's HQ, which most Nins might switch to at 63, and served me right up to Dusk. The extra +emn in the 50's was helpful.

They are pretty too look just like Homan's. I wear for town gear on RDM sometimes too.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Aerides
    I got Storm Manalopas (sp?) from the ??? gloves in an assault right when my Nin was 48. Beat out two others on the lot who were NIN75 at the time, but honestly I got the most use out of them.

Level 50: Def 16, Emn+ 3 Eva+ 6. All jobs.

These beat even Arhat's HQ, which most Nins might switch to at 63, and served me right up to Dusk. The extra +emn in the 50's was helpful.

They are pretty too look just like Homan's. I wear for town gear on RDM sometimes too.
    A brief perusal of the ra/ex gear from Assault shows that this and Storm Loop are two of the best ??? pieces you can get appraised and use outside of Assault.

We've gotten Spectacles twice and just sold them... but no ra/ex.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder
    A brief perusal of the ra/ex gear from Assault shows that this and Storm Loop are two of the best ??? pieces you can get appraised and use outside of Assault.
    I thought the Storm Turban would be pretty nice for the +hMP if you don't have Auto-Refresh in that slot, but I'm kind of a +hMP whore.

Oh for a pair of Ataractic Solea!

Really nice.

I think there are a couple of hand pieces that are worth getting too, although I dont know what they are. One that is level 50 and great for plds? And one other one that I totally cant remember.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Assault items better work in salvage. Then it might actually be worth it to keep some of them around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Assault items better work in salvage. Then it might actually be worth it to keep some of them around.
    Assault/Besieged/salvage/ToA BC should be considered as one thing for those latent.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Assault/Besieged/salvage/ToA BC should be considered as one thing for those latent.
    If by ToA BC you mean The Ashu Talif BC assault: items do work there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My static got a Storm Belt from the Bunny Assault in Leujaoam. They let me lot it for my RNG which was in the 40s at the time. It's not OMG awesome, but it is a nice piece to wear at the level you can use it for RNG.