Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Who should get Hydra Haubert?

Voters
578. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior?

11 1.90%
  • Paladin?

482 83.39%
  • Whoever the hell wants it?

85 14.71%
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hydra Haubert     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Out of Curiosity, whats the hydra item rules in manaburn?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    And you run an extremely successful dynamis shell with hundreds of runs and over a thousand AF2s and scores of satisfied members, right? OH wait, no, the people who run that are the ones who don't rewrite rules mid-run to suit their fancy.
    actually i did... and we never had a situation like this we didn't screw the rules up ahead of time.
    Why the past tense? Did you quit or did your shell implode?

i quit, the shell is still going strong

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Good for you, you run a dyna LS that meets your needs.

This one has rules that meets its members' needs; if they didn't then I wager people would leave and start a new shell with different rules.

Just who are you to criticize their rules? If the large majority of members that run under those rules are happy with them, who are you to say they're wrong? And that's why it's stupid to ask this loaded question to BG: we have no right to pass judgement on an open-entry, rules-based, public dynamis LS.
    He's using it as an excuse that his runs are open. Just because the runs are open, doesn;t mean everyone has to be stupid. My LS doesn't meet my needs, the LS doesn't cater to the individual tho. Rules are made to benefit the LS.

We can pass judgement all we want. Doesn't mean they have to do anything about it. My Ls is open, I'm saying you make rules beforehand so shit isn't wasted.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Reguardless, the LS cannot just change the lotting rules mid run, there are a lot of glaring things about it. In a lot of LS lotting War legs -1 would pretty much make you done for the night, but do you hear people going OMG I can't belive he got both, no because it's accepted that some LS may not have that rule, just like some may not have job prioritys.

Is it possible that job priority was overlooked because previously only the 'shadow' items weren't job specific, yes, but point in fact is, they entered this dynamis with the freelot rules, it was too late to change. All you can say is he was a douche for lotting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Quote Originally Posted by ElSugahpie
    it came out the way it was meant. you can't let stupidity of your members let things like this happen.
    so like, when all the jews were killed because hitler totally thought it was the right thing to do, all those people who just listened to him because he said it was right were doing the right thing?

dude, serioulsy... try running anything the way you just described, you're gonna be the next recipient of an lolsash topic
    what? are a fucking idiot? lolsash was about a SAM getting sash... i would never let that happen. it would go to a NIN or PLD only. i could care less what other people think... not gonna let sash rot on SAM.
    And you run an extremely successful dynamis shell with hundreds of runs and over a thousand AF2s and scores of satisfied members, right? OH wait, no, the people who run that are the ones who don't rewrite rules mid-run to suit their fancy.
    That's why you sit down with the leaders and write the rules BEFORE. Before the run ever took place, they should have stated PLD only. When my LS started doing CoP zones, which we are still new at, we made new rules on lotting.

If you are smart and fair and your LS trusts you, they won't bitch. Those who do, get rid of them. There are alot of people to replace them with. The ones willing to work in the system and realize why things happen and who should lot what are the ones you keep. Anyone thinking a WAR should be allowed to lot over a PLD on this, should be kicked.
    What, you think that DB lotting rules didn't exist prior to this run? They already hashed this out, and the members agreed that it was not worth the headache to them to haggle over priority on every little thing. If they all agreed to this, which they did, then what right do YOU have to judge them? None.

The fact that DynamisBums is probably in the top 1% of dynamis LSes only serves to reinforce the fact that they're probably doing it better than you.

Hydra item lot rules in Manaburn: Choose 1 type of hydra item (fellow/tank/mage/enchantment). As long as you have the comment and a job able to wear a hydra item, you may lot on it if it drops. After 4 tav runs we've got a pld with the tank hands, a thf with the enchant hands, and a rdm/brd with the enchant feet.

Our shadow ring rules are even better: anyone not on a lotting suspension may lot the ring.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

That's why you make specific rules prior to the run. They should have looked over everything and said "Hey, we should make a couple lotting rules on the Hydra shit"

My LS does pretty damn well in it's own tyvm.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

actually i did... and we never had a situation like this because we didn't screw the rules up ahead of time.
    i seriously, highly, doubt, your LS has over 1300 peices of AF and 20some shadow items and has been going strong for 2 and a half years. And the fact that you're no longer with them, just amplifies the fact that you're serioulsy full of fucking shit, and are just whaling off at the mouth because its 3:30am and you're bored as fuck.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My god this topic's direction was so bad i feel like im getting brain damage just from reading how it snowballed this far.....but this is some pretty good shit.

Back to sleep.

That's why you make specific rules prior to the run. They should have looked over everything and said "Hey, we should make a couple lotting rules on the Hydra shit"
    Who are you to say what they should have or should not have done? It's their hourglass, it's not up to YOU to dictate the rules.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hydra item lot rules in Manaburn: Choose 1 type of hydra item (fellow/tank/mage/enchantment). As long as you have the comment and a job able to wear a hydra item, you may lot on it if it drops. After 4 tav runs we've got a pld with the tank hands, a thf with the enchant hands, and a rdm/brd with the enchant feet.

Our shadow ring rules are even better: anyone not on a lotting suspension may lot the ring.
    not that they could get kicked over it, since it within the rules, you would say most people are reasonable about it, i.e. you don't see a flood of lots when shadow items have dropped in the past, basically, you haven't encounterd much Kain-esque lotting, with the exception of that lvl30 nin koga?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm not dictating the rules. Obviously, the people in their LS are not ALL happy about this decision. I'm quite simply pointing out that having an Open LS does not mean you have to be stupid on lotting logic. Dear lord.

I'm not dictating the rules. Obviously, the people in their LS are not ALL happy about this decision. I'm quite simply pointing out that having an Open LS does not mean you have to be stupid on lotting logic. Dear lord.
    Who are you to determine what's "being stupid"?

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

you are correct, but "not all" means one person who decided to come to BG to try to amplify his opinion. He got slammed on our forums for complaing, so he came here.

we have a HUGE, EXTENSIVE rules section that outlines every lotting possiblity you can possibly come up with, they know the rules beforehand, if you dont like them, dont join... that simple.

actually i did... and we never had a situation like this because we didn't screw the rules up ahead of time.
    i seriously, highly, doubt, your LS has over 1300 peices of AF and 20some shadow items and has been going strong for 2 and a half years. And the fact that you're no longer with them, just amplifies the fact that you're serioulsy full of fucking shit, and are just whaling off at the mouth because its 3:30am and you're bored as fuck.
    Let's see... Excellence on Hades is the shell I was a part of and designed the system for. We were the first NA LS to kill Bahamut 2, we killed DL 12 times in a row w/o a loss w/ as few as 26 people, and dominated every aspect of the game. I quit cause the shellholder lost his mind, which has been well documented on these forums. Maybe you should check your facts before you run your fucking mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx

not that they could get kicked over it, since it within the rules, you would say most people are reasonable about it, i.e. you don't see a flood of lots when shadow items have dropped in the past, basically, you haven't encounterd much Kain-esque lotting, with the exception of that lvl30 nin koga?
    The lv30 nin with the koga was flagrantly against the rules; we've always required at least level 70 to lot AF until it is on freelot. (Currently we require the ability to wear it, a slightly more strict requirement.)

When our one (and only, so far) shadow ring dropped, every last person who could, lotted. I'm sure some people, after winning the lot, would have passed if they had no use for the ring, but I wouldn't have looked down on anyone who decided to keep it as a trophy. With random luck it went to someone who also has nin75, lol. I have a screenshot of the page full of lots on the ring somewhere

As for "Kain-esque" lotting, it has been stated that had he passed, the next highest lot person would NOT have passed, and was still not a pld. Maybe that factored into his decision to keep it, we don't know.

Let's see... Excellence on Hades is the shell I was a part of and designed the system for.
    lmfao go no further

I don't blame the LS for this. It's kind of nice to see the shell sticking to its rules and being fair to all members.
    I think the real issue is right here, said best by Rocl:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I don't care if it's not HNM, Hauberk and Haubergeon have 10 acc each too, and if he's 75 WAR... I hope he has one.. The MP and Refresh are kind of useless for Warrior don't you agree? Seriously WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? Enmity? What for? Honestly what could he ever do that warrants that much enmity? Merit parties? Doesn't sound all too bright.. I mean I'm not one to judge somebody on something like this but come on man...
    In the end, it comes down to the highly original Kainhighwind and his reasoning behind lotting a PLD body piece for his Warrior. The stupidity/greed of lotting on a piece with high Enmity + MP/Refresh for Warrior... it just totally blows away any kind of problem there might be with the LS lotting rules.

(Kainhighwind) HAY GUYZ I'm here to tank "meripo"wwwwwww
    (SmrtPrsn) wtf?
    (Kainhighwind) Whyz my dmg so low!! I put Enmity in all my slots!!1
    (SmrtPrsn) ...
    (Kainhighwind) I know!
    (Kainhighwind) I'm chargin' mah REFRESH!
    (SmrtPrsn) die plz
    /kick

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    I don't blame the LS for this. It's kind of nice to see the shell sticking to its rules and being fair to all members.
    I think the real issue is right here, said best by Rocl:

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I don't care if it's not HNM, Hauberk and Haubergeon have 10 acc each too, and if he's 75 WAR... I hope he has one.. The MP and Refresh are kind of useless for Warrior don't you agree? Seriously WHAT IS THE PURPOSE? Enmity? What for? Honestly what could he ever do that warrants that much enmity? Merit parties? Doesn't sound all too bright.. I mean I'm not one to judge somebody on something like this but come on man...
    In the end, it comes down to the highly original Kainhighwind and his reasoning behind lotting a PLD body piece for his Warrior. The stupidity/greed of lotting on a piece with high Enmity + MP/Refresh for Warrior... it just totally blows away any kind of problem there might be with the LS lotting rules.

(Kainhighwind) HAY GUYZ I'm here to tank "meripo"wwwwwww
    (SmrtPrsn) wtf?
    (Kainhighwind) Whyz my dmg so low!! I put Enmity in all my slots!!1
    (SmrtPrsn) ...
    (Kainhighwind) I know!
    (Kainhighwind) I'm chargin' mah REFRESH!
    (SmrtPrsn) die plz
    /kick
    I'm sure he was joking when he said that OP is just blowing it out of proportion, and I had him nailed to rights on page 3: he's just butthurt and came here with a loaded question to troll for sympathy.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Let's see... Excellence on Hades is the shell I was a part of and designed the system for. We were the first NA LS to kill Bahamut 2, we killed DL 12 times in a row w/o a loss w/ as few as 26 people, and dominated every aspect of the game. I quit cause the shellholder lost his mind, which has been well documented on these forums. Maybe you should check your facts before you run your fucking mouth.
    congrats on your LS RUN DYNAMIS. wow you are so fucking thickheaded its unbe-fucking-leavable

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast