Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Who should get Hydra Haubert?

Voters
578. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warrior?

11 1.90%
  • Paladin?

482 83.39%
  • Whoever the hell wants it?

85 14.71%
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Hydra Haubert     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    Don't change it if you'd rather see freakishly awesome pieces of gear go to waste.
    It can go to a PLD and *still go to waste.* It's a Dynamis shell, not an HNM shell that also does Dynamis. They shouldn't have to take non-Dynamis events into consideration. Most shit in Dynamis doesn't last long enough for piles of +enmity to matter.

Otherwise you'd have to give priority to the PLD in an HNM shell over one that isn't. And that's a fucking stupid way to run a shell.
    WAR gets *zero* benefit from it. PLD gets at least *some* benefit, even from a strictly Dynamis perspective. Plus, you cannot strictly concern yourself to such a limited capacity, in my mind. Yes, you got it within your Dynamis shell -- However, to validate your own loot whorism by saying "Oh, since the Dynamis shell got it, that's the only factor that should be in play -- The fact that these PLDs have linkshells outside of this and would get use out of it THERE means nothing, since this is a DYNAMIS ONLY linkshell" just comes off as all the more ridiculous, in my mind.

Yes, it's a Dynamis only linkshell. However, others can benefit both within and outside that DYnamis linkshell with such a piece of gear. He gets no benefit in either position.

or he could have passed it, and a drk would have got it instead?

If everyone is lotting it as a trophy, you bet I would too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Burginator
    Plus, you cannot strictly concern yourself to such a limited capacity, in my mind.
    The leaders of an open Dynamis LS should do exactly that, or at least be very limited in scope as to how it applies. The "potential" of a job should matter (the Haubert is excellent for PLD but not any good for WAR). The specifics of who could lot it based on their other LSes (example: a PLD in an HNM ls vs one who isn't) should not, ever.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

thats why i quit doing open dynamis ls's over a year and a half ago because there is nothing more i can't stand than to see gear going to waste by gimped people lotting it over people who will actually put it to use. I know this isn't the case in alot of the other dynamis linkshells out there but that was always the one thing that bothered me.

[quote:0122b]GSDragoon wrote:
    The last piece I need is the body. But being the loot whore that I am, I go to lot war relic body every xarcabard. Oh wait, I have never even lotted on it, or even set my comment for war relic. I choose money and let others have it because I won't ever use it.

lol @ bold[/quote:0122b]

i think that slipped through without many ppl noticing it.. so he's saying that he won't ever be using war af2 body... then why lot on haubert which will only be used in similar situations as war body??? (and even then war body would be a better choice....)

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    or he could have passed it, and a drk would have got it instead?
    Nobody said the DRK isnt a lootwhore too. Fact is he didnt get it, it was the WAR, and so people are focused on debating about PLD vs WAR getting this, not PLD vs hipothetical person.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Cauac
    [quote:c00ce]GSDragoon wrote:
    The last piece I need is the body. But being the loot whore that I am, I go to lot war relic body every xarcabard. Oh wait, I have never even lotted on it, or even set my comment for war relic. I choose money and let others have it because I won't ever use it.

lol @ bold

i think that slipped through without many ppl noticing it.. so he's saying that he won't ever be using war af2 body... then why lot on haubert which will only be used in similar situations as war body??? (and even then war body would be a better choice....)[/quote:c00ce]

Also note how he's lotting on currency only in Xarca so he can get the WAR body when it's freelotted according to his LS's rules :

- Category 3: If no one who has AF comment set, or everyone who does has obtained their AF, then any member who is able to equip the piece may lot it. New members who have not attended the required 3 runs, members who are currently in a job change penalty, and members not attending 5 of the last 10 runs for zones with this restriction may lot at this point and below.
    He can make himself sound generous by "only lotting on money" when really he means "I'll lot on money and one day finish my 5/5 war by default" lawl. win/win !

Tonko

Nothing more really needs to be said on this thread. The poll has spoken, the WAR is a loot whore, and Sendoh owned that guy in the face.

Good times, good times.

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20