Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curing and enmity     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Curing and enmity

Simple question...

Player A has 600/1000 hp
    Player B has 600/1000 hp

Player A has just pulled hate and is about to get attacked by the mob.
    Player B is fresh out of rez, but still in ally, so on the hate list but very low.

PLD wants to spank a big cure onto one of them to get hate back. Will it matter which one he cures? Is it better to cure someone higher up the hate list in terms of enmity generated by the cure?

Black Belt
    BG Level

doesn't matter.

Thanks. Is it correct that self curing generates more enmity than curing someone else though?

Blackice

Cure hate is the same regardless of who does it or who it's on, the only thing that changes it is +/- enmity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    Cure hate is the same regardless of who does it or who it's on, the only thing that changes it is +/- enmity.
    What he said.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Another simple question to add to it....

Does the extra curing Divine Seal adds give more hate for HPs cured or is it the same as normal. Example: I use Cure IV for 400 HPs, vs I use Cure IV + DS for 800 HPs. Does the extra cure from DS add more hate? (My current standing is that it does, but I just want to double check)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Another simple question to add to it....

Does the extra curing Divine Seal adds give more hate for HPs cured or is it the same as normal. Example: I use Cure IV for 400 HPs, vs I use Cure IV + DS for 800 HPs. Does the extra cure from DS add more hate? (My current standing is that it does, but I just want to double check)

I usually have a fuck ton of hate after DS+curaga II (on blm), so I would say it count

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes, DS increases the hate gained by as much extra as it cures, which is usually why it's a bad idea to use DS+Curaga II+ or DS+Cure IV if you don't want to have hate.

Aha I remember this one retarded RDM in Bibiki Bay who insisted on Convert > Divine Seal > Cure IV any time she liked, start of fights, tank low hp, whenever. Despite asking her to show restraint it took a couple deaths and a "Don't tell me how to play my job" for me to force a d2 on her.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Aha I remember this one retarded RDM in Bibiki Bay who insisted on Convert > Divine Seal > Cure IV any time she liked, start of fights, tank low hp, whenever. Despite asking her to show restraint it took a couple deaths and a "Don't tell me how to play my job" for me to force a d2 on her.
    Sounds like Katalyst

Just being in the party/alliance doesnt mean you have hate on the mob. RDM can safely convert/cure straight on a new pull, provided they have not performed any action on any player already on the mob's hate list, or on the mob. This doesnt apply to all mobs though (and from the context of the post, I assume you are talking about HNM's).

I often convert/cure directly on a new pull before becoming involved in the fight, where I would definately get hate if I was on the hate list (ie, well within hate range).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I do this all the time, except I run far away so I can barely see the mob. Doesn't give me an ounce of hate when I'm this far away.

I learned about the hate thing (like most RDMs) just after getting convert and using it RIGHT next to a Crawler in CN and getting blasted in the face at 23 HP the second I converted. lulz.... never had that problem again.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not really relevant to paladins, but DS+Cure V is exempt from the amplification of hate due to hp. Not that you'd want to use it all that often, but it was useful when I was duoing skillups with a whm friend of mine and for whatever reason wasn't subbing war that day.