+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Posted this on QCDN. Figured I'd post it here, also.

Friend got into the beta, says it's sick nasty. This is an MMORPG

Can own your own ships and become and pirate and raid other players ships while they are sailing across the ocean to other continents(aka. PIRATE LOLS). Can have your own house, build a city with guildmates, have a 'debate war' with NPCs and have the NPCs send an army and wipe out a player-made city.(O LAWD DRAMA HERE IT CUMZ LOLS) Has a bajillion races, and four continents, the game map is HUEG LIKE XBOX. You get a horse at level 8. To sail from continent to continent takes approx. 53 minutes real time, but on the way you can do other stuff like PIRATEING ARG GIMME A COOKIE. or fishing and stuff. I dunno.

Races

Thestra(A European type continent with mountains, wetlands, and forests.)

* Thestrans (Human sub race)
    * High Elves (Elf sub race)
    * Dwarves
    * Lesser Giants
    * Varanjar (Barbarian sub race)
    * Halflings
    * Vulmane

Qalia(Middle-eastern type continent with mountains and deserts.)

* Qaliathari (Human sub race)
    * Mordebi (Human sub race)
    * Dark Elves (Elf sub race)
    * Gnomes
    * Kurashasa
    * Varathari (Barbarian sub race)

Kojan(An Asian themed continent with jungles.)

* Kojani (Human sub race)
    * Half-Elves (Elf sub race)
    * Wood Elves (Elf sub race)
    * Raki
    * Goblins
    * Orc
    (ripped from wiki)

Four tanking classes
    Warrior
    Paladin
    Dread Knight
    Inquisitor
    Five DDing classes
    Ranger
    Rouge
    Bard
    Monk
    Berserker
    Four Healing classes
    Cleric
    Shaman
    Disciple
    Blood Mage
    Four Mage type classes.
    Sorcerer
    Druid
    Psionicist
    Necromancer

Made by the original developers of Everquest.

The game overall is beautiful, the classes are very detailed.

Crafting

The second ‘sphere’ of Vanguard, crafting will be significantly more extensive and involved, and less repetitive, than in any MMOG to date. Crafting recipes are each made up of a different set of actions you have to perform in a particular order. Each of these actions cost and take from a pool that is known as the action pool. The maximum amount of action points available vary with each recipe. While you are crafting and performing these actions you will have problems arise that can affect many aspects of the process. You can have up to three of these on you at a time and which ones will occur is based on the crafting station you are using, its quality, the recipe and the material you are using. Through experimentation, players will be able to discover new recipes and formulas.

As a sphere, crafting will have its own set of classes and levels. Your character will level up and advance within the crafting sphere independent of the other spheres.

When levelling up a crafting class, players will gain experience from crafting items, as well as some NPC quests. Players will be able to talk to NPCs in the game and get quests to craft items the NPC needs to produce goods. The NPC will give the player the necessary items to complete the quest and the player needs only craft the item. This means a player will not be making a few hundred suits of leather armor to level up and thereby ruin the item market. When a player completes a job for an NPC it stocks up the NPC in items or supplies for services.(ripped off from wiki)

Anyway, I'm off on a caviar hunt. Toodooloo

[size=+2:d8ba9]More info:[/size:d8ba9]

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanguard_(computer_game)
    http://wiki.silkyvenom.com/index.php/Main_Page <- Race screenshots and stuff. raah

you work for this company or something?

this is the second or third vanguard thread in the last few weeks.

(not all started by you)

Believe the hype, this game is what you should be quitting ffxi and wow for.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The made by the same people who made everquest puts me off a bit of even trying it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Re: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Tidy
    Friend got into the beta, says it's sick nasty.
    This is... good?

And i've heard its just everquest 2.5

Groovebox

I'll tell you, if Vanguard has the same armor style/selection as EQ2, no fucking thanks. In fact, I'm worried that with all the different races in this game the selection of armor and weapons are going to be ruined. I was reading an article, and the developers stated that the game is: 20% Raid, 20% Solo, and 60% small group - I like this, I hate soloing in MMOs but needs more large group content imo.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Re: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    This is... good?

And i've heard its just everquest 2.5
    Yeah, thats what I thought too. I wasn't really that hyped up about the game until I read about the Diplomatic/Crafting system. The pirating thing really set it off for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

http://wiki.silkyvenom.com/index.php...turing_Classes

talks about the 'jobs', I've never been one to play BRD in anything but the way BRDs will work in this seems pretty sweet, necro too

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Comments like these make me less interested. Nothing like someone telling you what to do with your free time.

Well, i'm pretty interested about how MMO and virtual worlds are being better year by year since a while and i seriously think it's just being objective to say that Vanguard seems like best mature (hence this word, its puts WoW out of the contest) mmorpg ever done. Guys behind this was thinking about the game 4 years ago already.

If what is in the beta gonna really be released like it's explained, and if beta testers gives awesome echos, odds are VSoH will overwhelm MMO rpg scene drainin most of tired older WoW player base, and pretty much kill FFXI, L2 and EQ2.

Only JP design/style and friends would keep me to FF.

Vobent

http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/
    Register on their forums and you could get a beta invite.
    They're going Beta 4 soon, which isn't open beta, but close enough.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

They're in beta4 atm. Next is open beta, I think.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

This actually looks a bit more interesting. I'm still not sure if I'll like WoW for more than another few weeks, so would rather not waste money on that game (I'm leeching a friends account and not paying anything ) I'm not sure if SE could fix all the problems of FFXI because of PS2 limitations, or even after that "since JP beta" thread if they even know how >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Devek
    Comments like these make me less interested. Nothing like someone telling you what to do with your free time.
    It is like if one day I came up to you said "Believe the hype, round wheels are what you should be ditching your square wheeled carts for.", you wouldn't turn around and say "Nothing like someone telling me how to cart my stuff around."

It is the same thing.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

No, no it's really not lol.

Game looks ok, EQ designers made a good game. It wasn't to my liking as much as WoW and FFXI, but nonetheless it was a well made game. This game looks pretty interesting, and if they've learned from their past creations it could end up being really good. I might try it out, having so many races and jobs really interests me. 20% raid 20% solo 60% small group is eh, I like doing big raids, but I also like doing solo and small group. It should be 50% 50% 50%!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee

Game looks ok, EQ designers made a good game. It wasn't to my liking as much as WoW and FFXI, but nonetheless it was a well made game. This game looks pretty interesting, and if they've learned from their past creations it could end up being really good. I might try it out, having so many races and jobs really interests me. 20% raid 20% solo 60% small group is eh, I like doing big raids, but I also like doing solo and small group. It should be 50% 50% 50%!
    you mean 33% 33% 33% i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee

you mean 33% 33% 33% i hope
    The world of Vanguard believes 100% isn't very good or complete, you gotta give 150%.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Looks good but it feels like typical western games where they push polygons with no real artistic designs. To my eyes Silk road online looks better then this. (i know graphics does not make the game).

so this is going in store release no client to download?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

2 words:

'Class Balance'

loleverquest

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just checked the site, and ew: it looks exactly like EQ2(graphically). Gross