+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eragon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Eragon

Has anyone seen it yet and is it as crappy as I thought it would be?

I wasted 2 hours of my life watching this crap, they left out so much part from the book.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

it's nice if you've not read the book but if you've read the book, stay far away from the cinema

In my opinion it would of been better if it was atleast PG-13. Although I have never read the book and I know they would probably loose more viewers if they went from PG to PG-13. There were so many kids I thought I was in the movie theatre for Charlotte's Web....

New Merits
    BG Level

I'm afraid to see the movie because that is my favorite book ever and from what i heard it ruined it.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    it's nice if you've not read the book but if you've read the book, stay far away from the cinema

Exactly. I can sum Eragon up in 3 words. Piece. Of. Shit.

It resembles the book in name only. I took my Nephew to see it and was totally appalled by utter shittiness of it in every way. He is 9 years old and we left the theatre three quarters of the way through it per his request. It is a very cheap rape and abortion of everything good the book stood for.

Save your money.

so if someone refuses to read the book on principle, the movie might be ok?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    so if someone refuses to read the book on principle, the movie might be ok?

In theory? Yes. But even that does not hide the fact that it still have healthy doses of phail deeply embedded within its DNA.

Little Mother
    BG Level

This movie sucked so much ass, even worse for me and my friends cause we' d all read the book, so we got to watch everything get butchered and ugh, just terrible. Don't. Watch. This. Trash.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    This movie sucked so much ass, even worse for me and my friends cause we' d all read the book, so we got to watch everything get butchered and ugh, just terrible. Don't. Watch. This. Trash.

/comfort

<3

You should come to our Eragon support group on Tuesdays. You dont have to suffer alone. Remember, It's not your fault!

Little Mother
    BG Level

Honestly I think I might need rehab after watching this movie. I know people say you shouldn't see the movie of a book after you've read it, but I've done it plenty of times before and I know not to expect an exact clone and perfect movie, but in the past people have been getting good at capturing the books in the movies. This however, makes you not want to do that ever again lol.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    Honestly I think I might need rehab after watching this movie. I know people say you shouldn't see the movie of a book after you've read it, but I've done it plenty of times before and I know not to expect an exact clone and perfect movie, but in the past people have been getting good at capturing the books in the movies. This however, makes you not want to do that ever again lol.

I totally understand and 100% agree with you there. lol

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

I am amazed how, given the utter success of the Lord of the Rings films, a film based on a highly successful and well-written novel series with A-list actors can be butchered so. The screenwriters for that pile of garbage need to commit seppuku for their failure. When you write a screenplay and make John Malkovich and Jeremy Irons look like retards, there is little hope for you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Terrible terrible movie.

Anybody else lol at the fact saphira has feathers? wtf?

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

It sucks? I could have told you that. As a matter a fact any movie that has a dragon as a important aspect of its plot, will undoubtedly suck.

See Dungeons and Dragons and Reign of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    It sucks? I could have told you that. As a matter a fact any movie that has a dragon as a important aspect of its plot, will undoubtedly suck.

Also see the dragonheart trilogy.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't know about all that, Pete's dragon as pretty bitchin' back in the day. >.>

that one dragon movie with sean connery's voice was sweet

ninjer edit

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya

Starting to seem like this is sad but true, with the exception of the first Dragonheart. I liked that one.

But seriously. It wasn't -THAT- bad. I wish we hadn't spent nearly $40 in the theater to see it, between 2 $10.50 tickets and food/drink, but in the future I'll just pirate more. The effects were nifty, I actually liked the creature design. Yes Saphira had feathers to some extent, but a bird person could probably tell you it would make some sense; it's just a different take on dragon design as opposed to the standard 100% leathery membrane you see all the time on the big screen. I thought she was cute when she hatched, that's something you just don't see really ever.

I loved the book, enjoyed the movie, didn't enjoy the price, but while watching it I got the feeling that if anyone was determined to be disappointed, it wouldn't be hard. I usually don't remember books when I watch movies, but even I noticed a lot of stuff was left out. You just can't cram what, 500-600 pages into 98 minutes, seriously. Producers need to realize this, bite the bullet, and let us sit there for 2.5 hours and enjoy the movie. -_- Can't believe they didn't even fight on that stone in the ceiling, whatever it was, at the end..

If you're curious, just torrent it, don't bother paying to get into a show. You'll never be satisfied by a movie of a book anyways.