• FUCK YOU SANTA IS REAL BITCH

68 43.31%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SPOILERS: When were you told Santa isn't real?

We have two people in our family that still need to be told, just don't know when. I don't even remember mine...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Nice putting the spoilers in the title....

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

My parents set up a strict "let's not lie to them out our asses" rule before they had kids.

I knew that Columbus didn't discover America and spread disease, slavery, and genocide everywhere he landed when I was 6, for instance.

I found out Santa and the Easterbunny weren't real when i was like 5 i think.

I wasn't told though, i happened to stumble upon my parents putting out presents and i got the joy of emotional scars for life

I'm confused.

What do they need to be told.. and what's the spoiler?

I don't know who told you that Santa wasn't real.. but I'm sorry to tell you that your source is not reliable. I just saw Santa in the mall. And last night I saw Santa driving ontop of a Fire truck.. After I seen the first fire truck.. I drove about a mile and saw another fire truck.. equipped with Santa himself.. What other man could be on both fire trucks?

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I was about 5 when I crept downstairs on Christmas Eve to see my parents assembling some toy train kit that I had requested from Santa. I didn't say anything then but on Christmas morning as I was brought into the living room I told them I saw it the night before and asked why Santa didn't set it up. They tried to BS me and then gave up saying Santa wasn't real. I didn't care much because hey, I had a kickass new toy train set.

I remember reading something a few weeks ago on the BBC's website about school teachers being ordered to tell students to "Ask you parents" if a pupil inquired about the reality of Santa after one teacher put an entire class in tears after stating that Father Christmas wasn't real.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Kids learn that Santa doesnt exist in school. The teacher talks about Santa then some fucktard yells out, "Santa doesnt exist." And thats how children learn.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eckskalibur
    I'm confused.

What do they need to be told.. and what's the spoiler?

I don't know who told you that Santa wasn't real.. but I'm sorry to tell you that your source is not reliable. I just saw Santa in the mall. And last night I saw Santa driving ontop of a Fire truck.. After I seen the first fire truck.. I drove about a mile and saw another fire truck.. equipped with Santa himself.. What other man could be on both fire trucks?
    I'm not going to lie... I had to plug my sarcasm detector in for that one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Kids learn that Santa doesnt exist in school. The teacher talks about Santa then some fucktard yells out, "Santa doesnt exist." And thats how children learn.
    i think i was that fucktard

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brien
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    i think i was that fucktard
    i AM that fucktard. I tell that to little kids all the damn time. You shoulda fuckin seen me on halloween givin out candy, i was on a fucking ROLL

No one told me, it was pretty easy to figure out.. it was just too illogical for someone to fit down our chimney and not to mention having to hit so many houses in one not and I was also bothered about all the kids who didn't celebrate christmas and practiced other things.

The Santa Clause concept worked well in our family because the kids could wake up really early and there would be goodies in the stockings and some new toys out for us to play with.. this kept us busy and let our parents sleep in and make breakfast and all that so that the whole family could be ready and together when we stared opening actual presents.

My mom could tell I was doubting one day after a sarcastic remark I made one day, and she basically told me that if I didn't believe in Santa Clause I wouldn't get a stocking and consequently less presents. That made perfect sense to me and I still believe in Santa Clause to this day.

The concept is fun and 20 years later I'll still be checking my stocking in the morning this christmas for goodies

You aren't obligated to tell your kids that Santa isn't real, they figure that out and probably already know. Just ask them if they have fun and enjoy it all, and thats all that matters.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When I was little I thought the santa thing was a joke because I never believed that crap and told the other kids he wasn't real every year. Whoops.

Black Belt
    BG Level

When did I stop believing in Santa Claus? In truth, this sort of silly question holds no real significance for me. However, if you were to ask me when I stopped believing that the old man wearing the red costume was Santa, then I can confidently say: I have never believed in Santa, ever. I knew that the Santa who appeared at my preschool Christmas party was a fraud, and now that I think about it, every one of my classmates shared the same look of disbelief watching our teacher pretend to be Santa. Although I had never seen my mom kiss Santa Claus, I was already wise enough to be suspicious about the existence of an old man who worked only on Christmas Eve.

However, it took me quite a bit longer to realize that the aliens, time-travellers, ghosts, monsters and espers in those effects-filled 'good guys versus evil organization' cartoons didn't actually exist either. No, wait, I probably did realize, I just didn't want to admit it. Deep inside my heart I still wanted those aliens, time-travellers, ghosts, monsters, espers and evil organizations to suddenly appear. Compared to this boring, normal life of mine, the world of those flashy shows was much more exciting; I wanted to live in that world too!

I wanted to be the one who saved the girl kidnapped by aliens and imprisoned in a bowl-like fortress. I wanted to be the one who used my courage, intelligence and trusty laser gun to fight against villains from the future trying to change history for their own gain. I wanted to be someone who could banish demons and monsters with a single spell, battle against mutants or psychics from evil organizations, and engage in telepathic fights!

But wait, calm down. If I really were ever attacked by aliens or whatever, how could I ever possibly fight against them? I don't even have any special powers!

Well then, how about this: one day, a mysterious new student transfers to my class. Except he's really an alien or from the future, and he has telepathic abilities. When he gets into a fight with the bad guys, all I need to do is find a way to get involved in his war. He'll handle all the fighting and I can just be his flunky sidekick. Oh my god, this is great, I am so clever!

Or maybe, if that doesn't work, how about this: one day, a mysterious power inside me awakens, something like a telekinetic or psychic ability. I discover that a lot of other people in this world also have similar powers, and then some sort of paranormal society recruits me. I'll become part of this organization and protect the world against evil mutants.

Unfortunately, reality is surprisingly cruel... No one got transferred to my class. I've never seen a UFO. When I went to places that were rumored to be haunted, nothing showed up. Two hours of intense staring didn't make my pencil move a single millimeter, and glaring at my classmate's head didn't reveal his thoughts to me either. I couldn't help but get depressed at how normal the laws of physics were. I began to stop watching for UFOs and paying attention to paranormal TV shows because I finally convinced myself it was impossible. I even reached a point where I only had a sense of nostalgia for those things.

After junior high, I completely grew out of that fantasy world and became utterly grounded in reality. Nothing happened in 1999, even though I kept hoping, just a bit, that something would; mankind hadn't returned to the moon or gone beyond it. I suppose, from the way things are looking, that I'll be long dead before you can book a round trip from Earth to Alpha Centauri.

With those sorts of pedestrian thoughts in my mind, I became a normal, carefree senior high student. That is, until the day I met Suzumiya Haruhi.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

WTF SANTA ISNT REAL!?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't remember if I was 10 or 11 but I remember I found some presents marked "From: Santa" under a sheet like a week before Chistmas. My parents said it was Santa delivering presents early but I figured out he must not be real.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I found out a while ago when I was at my dad's house. The night before Christmas I was checking out the presents that were already under the tree, and one said, "From Kim." who is my stepmom, and then the next morning when I woke up it said "From Santa" with Kim crossed out in green pen or something, I was like what teh fuck.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle
    I found out a while ago when I was at my dad's house. The night before Christmas I was checking out the presents that were already under the tree, and one said, "From Kim." who is my stepmom, and then the next morning when I woke up it said "From Santa" with Kim crossed out in green pen or something, I was like what teh fuck.
    lol they just crossed it out?

I knew santa wasnt real, but i MILKED it for like 2-3 extra years

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    WTF SANTA ISNT REAL!?

I think it was when I was 6 when my father told me. Although, I was never the fucktard who shouted that Santa didn't exist in class.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I grew up surrounded by nuns and my mom never lied to me. There was never a 'Santa' to believe in. Worked out great in the end.