Thread: Recast timer for JA?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Recast timer for JA?

Someone just made me realize it's gone when you spam a macro. I hope it's just a bug cause it kinda suck. If you dont know what I'm talking about, just click on your ability twice (use to show a purple recast time when it was already used)

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I see nothing different and I'm pretty sure that clicking it twice always said "You must wait longer to use this ability." >.>

Sure you're not shooting back Grandpa's cough medicine?

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

He's talking about if you use a macro or manually type out "/ja "Provoke" <t>", which used to give a recast.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    I see nothing different and I'm pretty sure that clicking it twice always said "You must wait longer to use this ability." >.>

Sure you're not shooting back Grandpa's cough medicine?
    It used to have a purple timer telling you how long you have before you can reuse it. I'm not crazy >_>

You can still see a timer using /recast Provoke for example, but the purple timer is gone.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

ps2 limitations

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think I only got that in macros.

/ja Provoke <t> if voke wasn't ready it said how long 'till it was.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I liked the purple timer... but i guess it doesn't really matter if you can just do /recast

Quote Originally Posted by PlayOnline
    Dec. 19, 2006 02:00 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Current Known Issues (Dec. 19)

Since the implementation of the latest version update on Dec. 19, 2006, we have confirmed the following issues. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway.

- At the Windurst chocobo stables, a player will become unable to do anything but chat after receiving an update on the care schedule option "Dig for Treasure".

*Players that experience this issue will still receive the correct amount of gil and the effects of the training will be correctly reflected in the chocobo's growth.

- When using job abilities or magic through macros or text commands before recast times have reset, the time remaining until recast is not being displayed.

* These issues have been addressed during the Dec. 19, 2006 5:00(PST) update.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Degenxerate

I didnt see that update but i did notice the purple recast timer came back today and i wasnt sure why. Its good though

Old Merits
    BG Level

That note from SE makes it sound like you've always been able to see the time remaining for magic, which is just not the case. Believe me, I spam drain/aspir like there's no tomorrow. Utsusemi, as well.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I noticed it while I was in Salvage a couple days ago. I always mash voke to see what the recast is on it, but when I did it in salvage I got nothing? I assumed it was specific to the zone (I did have it unlocked) and it worked fine in the thickets earlier. >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    ps2 limitations
    fuck off, it worked on ps2 too ;_;