1 Tiger Leather
    1 Manticore Leather
    2 Buffalo Leather
    4 Khimaira Manes

Khimaira Gamashes
    2 Manticore Leather
    1 Buffalo Leather
    2 Khimaira Mane

It's pretty lame, almost the same exact stats of bison, just some added things. I wouldn't use any of it except the Feet (gamashes).

Edit: and even then, It'll have to compete with Dusk Feet 5 acc for 2 haste? It's a slightly more accurate adaman feet.
    That set is a huge joke. Even better after putting Bst on the Thf/Cor/Rng set from Salvage. I always wanted Racc and Ratt on my bst :/

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

in all other MMOs beastmasters/hunters get ranged attacks, in this we get ranged weapons and no skill -_-

go SE go

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    in all other MMOs beastmasters/hunters get ranged attacks, in this we get ranged weapons and no skill -_-

go SE go
    Im hoping this is some kind of sign for possible bst changes to come in the future.... I know ive seen atleast 100 threads in different bst forums on why doesnt Bst get ranged skills. This set makes me think that could change... until i remember the war set has refresh on it. Then my dreams are shattered.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

go SE go
    Im hoping this is some kind of sign for possible bst changes to come in the future.... I know ive seen atleast 100 threads in different bst forums on why doesnt Bst get ranged skills. This set makes me think that could change... until i remember the war set has refresh on it. Then my dreams are shattered.
    Red Mages are still waiting for Hand-to-hand skill... >_>

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Are the pants no good? I think they have "increases Tame success rate" or something on them. Is that necessary at all for BSTs, or are there better pants out there? Don't know a thing about the job. xD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Bst AF legs are amazing, Bst AF+1 legs are better.

Bst AF legs:

* HP +15
    * Charisma +4
    * Enhances Killer Effects
    * Charm +6

Bst AF+1 legs:

* HP +15
    * Strength +6
    * Charisma +6
    * Enhances Killer Effects
    * Charm +6

Vs. Stout (new JSE HQ):

* HP +16
    * MP +16
    * Enmity -5
    * Improves 'Tame' Success Rate
    * Additional Effect vs Bird: Charm +6

I think most bsts would stick with their AF legs over stout. If they had stout they'ld probably only use it as a macro for tame (which you only use regularly if you don't have enough +chr), but honestly you'ld probably be better off keeping the AF(+1) legs equipt for more intimidation and a better chance to re-charm the mob. You can use crow gear if you need -enmity.

Most bsts will switch between AF (for charming) and whatever DD pants you'ld use for TP build and weaponskills (byakko's for TP build, either AF+1 or heca for weaponskills).

Unfortunately, for beastmaster solo gear, a mix of AF, Ogre (+reward on hands), and relic pretty much covers everything.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    It's pretty lame, almost the same exact stats of bison, just some added things.
    So it's basically the same as the Hydra set was compared to Gavial.

I wouldn't be suprised if the next HNM (if any) dropped items used to make another set of current JSE with added stats. And to think people thought reusing textures was bad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    It's pretty lame, almost the same exact stats of bison, just some added things.
    So it's basically the same as the Hydra set was compared to Gavial.

I wouldn't be suprised if the next HNM (if any) dropped items used to make another set of current JSE with added stats. And to think people thought reusing textures was bad.
    War set!

smithing got completely fucked again

Gimme a break. At least now people have a good reason to buy a high 90's cap synth by the stack (Wootz ingots) for their shiny new salvage armor. For that matter, a lot of crafts got that- heck, there's actually now a sane reason for my LS to sit there getting my CC to 90.

You didn't get "nothing". You got a new market for smithing goods, courtesy of the new set armors.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nothing from the GS guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth
    Gimme a break. At least now people have a good reason to buy a high 90's cap synth by the stack (Wootz ingots) for their shiny new salvage armor. For that matter, a lot of crafts got that- heck, there's actually now a sane reason for my LS to sit there getting my CC to 90.

You didn't get "nothing". You got a new market for smithing goods, courtesy of the new set armors.
    yes and its great when the khroma ore sells for 140k per pop and the imp wootz ingot sell at 250k+

yes a new market to lose money. Only way to make money in it is to mine the ore yourself, and like I have time to go mining when you have hmn, dynamis, limbus, salvage and everything else i teh game.

The market will only work if the smithers on the server stop trying to fuck every market up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel

yes and its great when the khroma ore sells for 140k per pop and the imp wootz ingot sell at 20k+

yes a new market to lose money. Only way to make money in it is to mine the ore yourself, and like I have time to go mining when you have hmn, dynamis, limbus, salvage and everything else i teh game.

The market will only work if the smithers on the server stop trying to fuck every market up.
    Never going to happen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

sigh...went to try and make adder jambiya to test out the add effect... and friggin moochi hq'd the khimaira jambiya lol...

As a side note, has anyone made the fully combined dagger and tested out the add effect?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yes and its great when the khroma ore sells for 140k per pop and the imp wootz ingot sell at 250k+

have you ever considered the fact that khroma -> ingot sold at a loss because the only things it was used for was a dragoon only spear, and a shitty katana ??

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

have you ever considered the fact that khroma -> ingot sold at a loss because the only things it was used for was a dragoon only spear, and a shitty katana ??
    Nah its just everyone on my server wants to fuck everyone else over so they don't mind selling for a loss trying to force others away..however then the market just sits there.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah its just everyone on my server wants to fuck everyone else over so they don't mind selling for a loss trying to force others away..however then the market just sits there.
    No, things are selling at a loss because theres no market for them...

If there were a market for them, other than a dragoon spear and a piece of shit katana, they would sell better.

Case in point:
    Bugard Tusks. Worth nothing when CoP came out. Used for a weskit, thats about it. Also used for Igqira feet (LOL) and Hands, as well as shotel and two of the beastmen masks. All of that is useless cept for weskit. So Tusks are worth nothing, probably 2-3k lolol. ToAU comes out, and with it comes Macuahuitl. Holy shit, this swords fucking badass when HQed. One of the ingreds are Bugard Tusks. Now theres a market for them, jumped up to 25k, and you'd be LUCKY to find them on the AH.

Simple economics, supply and demand.

Demosthenes11

No, things are selling at a loss because theres no market for them...

If there were a market for them, other than a dragoon spear and a piece of shit katana, they would sell better.

Case in point:
    Bugard Tusks. Worth nothing when CoP came out. Used for a weskit, thats about it. Also used for Igqira feet (LOL) and Hands, as well as shotel and two of the beastmen masks. All of that is useless cept for weskit. So Tusks are worth nothing, probably 2-3k lolol. ToAU comes out, and with it comes Macuahuitl. Holy shit, this swords fucking badass when HQed. One of the ingreds are Bugard Tusks. Now theres a market for them, jumped up to 25k, and you'd be LUCKY to find them on the AH.

Simple economics, supply and demand.
    explain 5-8k then my friend

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If youre refering to current price:

1-The hype of Macuahuitl has died down.
    2-Instead of the only source of Bugard Tusks being from ppl who camp Megalobugard, Bonecrafters are picking up Macuahuitl-1's off the AH at 1k and popping them into a lightning crystal.