Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    I got an error, then I installed the .net framework and it worked.

Really needs the magic damage, As awesome as it felt to Parse 50% of the damage in the party... It was with 2 BLU as the other DDs. :D

I do love the setup though, Very crisp.
    Any chance did you take a screenshot of that error? I want to post it on the download thread to make it obvious. I mentioned in the readme file that it's a prerequisite, but it would be better if I had a glaring screenshot so people would know exactly what it was when they saw it.

Thanks but;
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/VioletUK/dvs.jpg
    I don't know much about PCs, what do I have to do to get it to work?

lol, that's the exact screenshot i was looking for There should have been one more file in that directory, a .txt file with a really long name. Open it up, somewhere in there is a link to Microsoft's website. go to that link, download and install .NET framework from there. Alternatively, I think you can install it through Windows Update, which might be easier. Just look for "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0"

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Thanks but;
    I don't know much about PCs, what do I have to do to get it to work?
    You need .NET framework v 2.

Download this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

It never worked

.NET Framework didn't work?

I've installed the one 1/2pint linked but it gives the same message.

That's not the right one, but as mentioned on a previous page this isn't really the place I want to handle support related issues because if someone else has the same problem as you they won't be able to come to the actual support forum and search for the answer

If you post the question in the forum at http://www.ultimals.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82 I can give you a better answer there. I know it seems dumb and I'm honestly not trying to be difficult about it, but I know other people are going to have the same question as you sooner or later, and this way I can answer it for everyone all at once.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It's been a couple days since I could get back on BG. I've been eagerly awating the chance to see useful and interesting posts on all the new stuff. Then what do I see but a shiny new parser thread.

This post though is definitely the best surprise of all. Thanks Kalia! Can't wait to try it out tonight.

Awesome work on this, used it last night in a party and I am a fan, was actually nice how I compared to wars 2 levels higher than me (gear really makes a huge differemce after all), beat 2 lvl 72 wars on my 70 war, admittedly getting the shit beat out of me by mobs was an indication that I was doing something right when it came to damage, and that our nin sucked

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This has to be the best parser I have seen... Thank you very much for the work. Works wonders so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

used it in dynamis last night and it held up great, very nice parser i look forward to seeing its development continue.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

great parser man, ty for releasing it ^_^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looks like a great parser, I'll check it out later.

Quick question though:

Is it possible to poll changing Attack levels and tag/assign them to parsed damage? This would be particularly useful on harder mobs/HNMs and with enough data, you could pretty accurately determine mob DEF as well as optimal gear set-ups. Not sure if reading Attack levels needs to access memory or not or if its possible to parse it from the logs. Only other way I guess would be to check it manually from the Equipment screen and enter it into the parser, which kinda defeats the purpose.

For example: 30 people parse damage on Tiamat, find that 500+ Attack results in consistent 1.4 pDIF. 480 Attack or less results in consistent 0.6 to 1.0 pDIF etc. Likewise, SA+WS would result in pDIF + 1.0, and maybe be able to parse/tag TP @ WS as well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Divisortheory:

3 things:

1. Your site is blocked from my work, so I can't see any of the FAQ's etc so excuse me if they are answered there.

2. Does it calculate pet damage? ( I R BSTaru! )

3. Any thoughts about using a PC to parse a player on a PS2 / XBOX 360? (ok silly question but I have learned over the years that nothing is impossible when it comes to a good coder^^ ).

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's a small (less complicated than Chiz's) request. Perhaps I closed the program wrong or something, but can you make it remember window size/position/all that? I had it open the other day, got it all set up and stretched out to fit my monitor, moved the columns a bit so the data was easier to read, got it all perfect.. closed it, and opened it today and I lost it. >.> Just a comfort sort of request, if you get the chance.

Vobent

I'll try it out in a normal, non-burn party soon when my friend logs on.
    Seems great, though.

1.0.1 released yesterday morning. The major fix was 64-bit support, aside from that you probably don't need the update, although I did fix 2 minor other bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiz
    Is it possible to poll changing Attack levels and tag/assign them to parsed damage? This would be particularly useful on harder mobs/HNMs and with enough data, you could pretty accurately determine mob DEF as well as optimal gear set-ups. Not sure if reading Attack levels needs to access memory or not or if its possible to parse it from the logs.
    from a programming standpoint, yes it's possible to know when Attack or other stats changed. From a UI standpoint, how to present that information to the user is a huge challenge. It's probably easy to think of a way to hack it for your specific case, but since lots of people use it, any feature I implement has to handle the general case. What if someone si changing gear every 5 seconds? What if things besides Attack are changing (e.g. STR, etc)? What if a mob has Dia on sometimes and not other times? Again, I can know when all of that stuff happens, it just turns into a difficult UI problem about how to show the user what he wants to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fng
    It might, I tested it some, but nto enough to say that it's a feature I definitely support. I don't expect anything pet-related to be rock solid, but I expectthat if you play around with your own chat filters and figure out some quirks of the parser through trial and error, you might be able to get something meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fng
    3. Any thoughts about using a PC to parse a player on a PS2 / XBOX 360? (ok silly question but I have learned over the years that nothing is impossible when it comes to a good coder^^ ).
    Xbox360 might be doable. But very hard, probably harder than i care to take on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    Here's a small (less complicated than Chiz's) request. Perhaps I closed the program wrong or something, but can you make it remember window size/position/all that? I had it open the other day, got it all set up and stretched out to fit my monitor, moved the columns a bit so the data was easier to read, got it all perfect.. closed it, and opened it today and I lost it. >.> Just a comfort sort of request, if you get the chance.
    Window size and position are saved in the Settings file. Next time you get it set up how you want to go Edit -> Save Settings and save it to DvsParse_Settings.xml (that's the default). The way settings work in general right now is flaky and dumb, but anyway. That won't work for column widths and positions, but it will work for which columns you see, and window size/position.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    from a programming standpoint, yes it's possible to know when Attack or other stats changed. From a UI standpoint, how to present that information to the user is a huge challenge. It's probably easy to think of a way to hack it for your specific case, but since lots of people use it, any feature I implement has to handle the general case. What if someone si changing gear every 5 seconds? What if things besides Attack are changing (e.g. STR, etc)? What if a mob has Dia on sometimes and not other times? Again, I can know when all of that stuff happens, it just turns into a difficult UI problem about how to show the user what he wants to see.
    Hmmm nice. I can definitely see the problems presented by spells like Dia as well as Defense Down procs or Frightful Roar etc. I think Spyle's parser didn't account for spells like that at all and even then, relied completely on what chat filters you set or didn't set. There's also the problem that some mobs go through phases/latents or use spells/abilities that adjust the amount of damage they take during the course of the fight.

For Attack levels, you could basically represent it in a column similar to crit high/lows and average. High attack level, low attack level, and average. 2 columns would probably be enough, 1 for Melee damage, 1 for WS damage. Although this wouldn't be 100% accurate, it would still give you a pretty good idea of damage ranges even with other variables fluctuating due to dia, job abilities, what buffs/songs you had etc. If you parsed the same mob enough, it'd give you a good idea of what attack levels you'd need to overcome its defense and then you could compensate for any external effects like dia/def down etc.

Gear swapping can be an issue but I think most people go with a TP set and a WS set, so fluctuations should be able to be isolated and the differences should be apparent. Any changes in STR would be reflected in Attack, but other 2ndary or lesser stats would be up to the user to keep track of. But ya the point of this exercise would be to eventually break down melee and WS damage on any given mob to the point you could make a pretty good guess (within 20 points of Attack or so) how much DEF a mob has. With enough data across multiple users, you could essentially look at templates and compare results, then make adjustments accordingly.

New Merits
    BG Level

Ive been messing around with this on PUP (very nice work btw, this parser is great) and it seems to work on almost everything except ranged attacks, they show up as weaponskills. This is a minor thing and I assume its because with puppets the log output format treats it like a weaponskill ("Clank uses Ranged Attack", line break, "The random mob takes XXX points of damage.") The damage is parsed correctly, it just dumps into the skill category while the ranged section remains empty.

There's another minor bug (if you can even call it that, its not really the fault of the parser) that lists the first mob that does damage against the puppet as a player, and only the first. "Gigantobugard hits Clank for XXX", the bugard is now listed as a player and any other bugards that hit Clank will register in the parse as the Gigantobugard "player". Any other type of mob will not show up at all, just the first one to hit the puppet. This is easily filtered out by removing "Damage Taken by You", which removes puppet damage taken from the log, so its not a big deal. I cant speak specifically for beastmasters, but I assume it would be similar for any of the pet jobs.

-Vyzrael (Asura)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast