Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DvsParse 1.1.1 - Updated 1/8/2007

Yes, it's finally done. It should be stable, any problems suggestions etc please report in the appropriate forum. If you just wanna tell me it's a piece of shit and you hate my guts, you can say that here
    Official DvsParse Forum (registration required to post)

Please read the known issues & limitations packaged in the zip file. Some of them are minor, some are more severe and may be a dealbreaker for you using the parser. I'm aware of the severity of various issues, and will address them accordingly for the next version.

Lastly, if you download this from anywhere other than the official URL, you are at your own risk and are exposing yourself to infection by a malicious virus. So don't do it.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Downloaded, I'll try it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's a bit more accurate at differing what mobs are yours and what aren't as Tazzylynn's isn't very good in that respect.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sorry I couldnt download earlier when it was offered. I just got done with classes and taking care of other RL issues. Now I am free of responsibilites until next semester. Go Go FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Downloaded, I'll try it out tomorrow. Hopefully it's a bit more accurate at differing what mobs are yours and what aren't as Tazzylynn's isn't very good in that respect.
    The only time I've ever had it fail in that respect was during an unfiltered Besieged. However, knowing that you're a BST I'm not holding my breath

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did a quick test, does this parser show my addtional effect as seperate or included in the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Did a quick test, does this parser show my addtional effect as seperate or included in the damage?
    Doesn't show it at all, it's mentioned in the release notes as something that will be added next version.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ok

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Doesn't show it at all, it's mentioned in the release notes as something that will be added next version.
    You've made all of the Red Mages and the Paladins with Excalibur cry.

lol. Well it was designed first and foremost for melee burns. And my melee burns on top of that, which is rarely with an Excalibur But now that it does pretty much 100% of what I want it to do, I can start adding stuff for other people.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

he said something about it being tough to add in because add effect damage wont always list as your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    he said something about it being tough to add in because add effect damage wont always list as your damage.
    Actually Additional Effect shouldn't be too big a problem (I don't think). Drain will be harder than Additional Effect to do correctly, but Additional Effect should be kinda easy, I just never did it for first version because I didn't care about it for my own merit parties since I don't have a Sirocco Kukri.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Much appreciated!

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Just got a chance to use it, best parser ever! :O No bullshit fields showing up as players, no people randomly not being counted, and REAL TIME! <3 real time statistics. Waiting 5 mins for that other parser to show a battle was retarded.

Much <3 <3 <3

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya im really liking this as well.... helps to eliminate noobs that think their joyeuse can outparse my Excalibur 8D

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Just got a chance to use it, best parser ever! :O No bullshit fields showing up as players, no people randomly not being counted, and REAL TIME! <3 real time statistics. Waiting 5 mins for that other parser to show a battle was retarded.

Much <3 <3 <3
    thanks :blush: Keep in mind it's only really like 60% complete. Magic still doesn't work, skillchains dont' work, it doesn't parse defensive skills like evasion or parry, etc. Once I get it to 100% and start adding bells and whistles I think it's gonna be really nice.

I already have magic damage working in limited capacity, just need to test it in an alliance, and in a party since it works differently. Played around with additional effects a little, looks like I'll still have the same problems that Tazzy's has, namely that in rare situations the lines come in out of order and you miscount it. But still looks doable aside from that, and that situation is rare anyway.

What I'm really looking forward to is item groups and enemy groups. For example, Imagine there was a screen where you could make a list. You could call the list "Dynamis-Jeuno Goblins", and on the list you would put

Vanguard Dragoontamer
    Vanguard Necromancer
    Rutrix Hamgams
    etc
    etc

Then in the item display, instead of differentiating between those mobs for drop rates, it would just say

Dynamis-Jeuno Goblins
    1 byne bill - X%

I even have ideas for things like a DPS counter. Literally, how much damage you are doing per second. Since it's real time you can be completely accurate about this calculation. Moreoever, you can detect when people stop doing anything, and automatically remove them from the parse if they're gone for 5 seconds, or 5 minutes.

Anyway, I have a ton of ideas, but feel free to suggest anything you think will be useful and I'll try to work it in if it's cool.

¯\(°_o)/¯
    BG Level

Make the parser actually run my character around and kill the merit mobs for me so I can afk and watch a movie or something. Oh, if it could tag Nidhogg as well, that'd be just swell.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel
    Make the parser actually run my character around and kill the merit mobs for me so I can afk and watch a movie or something. Oh, if it could tag Nidhogg as well, that'd be just swell.
    LOLARES.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the problem with additional effects in the old parser was that, as far as I understand it, it was designed to read these chat logs that the game kicks out, and I guess it's like verbatim from your chat log, and every time things go by fast and you see....

Mich's ranged attack hits Kirin for x damage.
    Kirin goes ROAR
    Additional Effect: 20 points of damage.

Where the holy bolt should have gone to me, it wind up putting Kirin on the parser as a member of the party and then it all went crazy. @.@ I didn't know it was possible to fix, but maybe if yours reads logs differently (it must if it's real time? I dunno) then there's a workaround..

Will give it a shot for this crappy party I'm in atm.

Edit: Wow.. it really is real time. No idea how you did that but kudos, it's awesome. Perfect for your standard Aht Urhgan TP burn, though I'll have to revert to the other one if I merit my RNG or sirocco THF. Cool!

Edit again: LOL WISH I WASN'T PARSING. Ignorance is bliss..
    http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5...tledbv6.th.png

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    I think the problem with additional effects in the old parser was that, as far as I understand it, it was designed to read these chat logs that the game kicks out, and I guess it's like verbatim from your chat log, and every time things go by fast and you see....

Mich's ranged attack hits Kirin for x damage.
    Kirin goes ROAR
    Additional Effect: 20 points of damage.

Where the holy bolt should have gone to me, it wind up putting Kirin on the parser as a member of the party and then it all went crazy. @.@ I didn't know it was possible to fix, but maybe if yours reads logs differently (it must if it's real time? I dunno) then there's a workaround..
    Yea, my point was that I think this will still be a problem with mine and I think it's not possible to avoid this problem unless SE fixes it on their end. In the above situation, mine will work correctly actually. It will register the Additional Effect to Mich. In certain situations it WON'T though. Imagine Mich is using an Excalibur and Jim isn't. You get the following chat log messages:
    Mich hits Kirin for 75 points of damage.
    Jim hits Kirin for 60 points of damage.
    Additional Effect: 300 points of damage.

In that situation, mine will register the Additional Effect to Jim and it's impossible to fix without SE fixing something server side. In practice it's going to be pretty rare because most of the time the chat log does a good job of putting messages in the right order. Even the following:
    Mich hits Kirin for 75 points of damage.
    Jim casts Fire II on Kirin.
    Kirin takes 50 points of damage.
    Additional Effect: 75 points of damage.

mine will get right. The only time it will be wrong is when a melee or ranged attack gets wedged in between.

Anyway, none of this matters atm, because currently it ignores additional effects completely But I'm working on that as we speak. Probably a few days to implement because of some design related changes I have to make.

Edit: Wow.. it really is real time. No idea how you did that but kudos, it's awesome. Perfect for your standard Aht Urhgan TP burn, though I'll have to revert to the other one if I merit my RNG or sirocco THF. Cool!
    Haha, standard reaction. No matter how I try to explain it, it just doesn't sink in until you see it in action.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

just gave your app a go in a melee burn pt and it's really good. Continue to develop it more plz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast