Thread: Ninja's ninja update.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ninja's ninja update.

So I dunno if this was in this update but ranged attacks no longer garentee a shadow taken. Ive had 3 ranged attacks miss my shadows [utsu] It was 100% garenteed to hit a shadow from a mob, now it is no longer~ discuss!

What monster were you fighting?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

What mobs? Fomors dont take shadows, but like in dyna sandy which I just was in, they took my shadows each time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I had this happen to me a few days ago trying to pop Wyvernpoacher for a friend (maybe a week ago). Thought it was just a glitch that would get fixed.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Please say it was fixed, please say it was fixed, please say it was fixed. ;-;

/rockbackandforth

Old Merits
    BG Level

I don't get what you mean,is it with utsusemi up you could never evade ranged attacks??

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    I don't get what you mean,is it with utsusemi up you could never evade ranged attacks??
    Correct. A level 5 goblin could shoot an arrow at you and it would take a shadow 100% of the time before.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nope never, I hate fighting ranger type mobs with a 2hr cause they own me hard if they get lucky ;_;

Some enemies it seems would always take a shadow if you had one with ranged attack, even when they were too weak. Wafik's right though, fomors didn't follow this rule even before the update. Last week doing Ashu Talif #3 I was kiting the captain and several times his ranged attack missed even though I had utsu up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Correct. A level 5 goblin could shoot an arrow at you and it would take a shadow 100% of the time before.
    Whereas without a shadow there was only a 95% chance that they would hit you.

(But seriously, mob accuracy is broken.)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Can anyone absolutly confirm this by the way? I had a mob miss meh 3 times in a row but it was last night and was a fomor ;; But someone else said it had happand to them too correct? Ill go check in a bit im doing assult atm. I seriosly hope they changed it >< it was retarded. If they didnt change it sorry for false information I got rly excited that maybe it was a ninja update.

Heres to hoping!

False. Sorry.

Old Merits
    BG Level

well I can confirm yesterday a gob in Onzozo missed me w/ ranged attack while I had shadows up

well I can confirm yesterday a gob in Onzozo missed me w/ ranged attack while I had shadows up
    Screenshot or it never happened; I fought a bunch of ranger qiqirns last night and they never missed unless my shadows were down.

I know when CoP came out it was not a guaranteed shadow in CoP only areas, but RoZ and original areas it would still be a guaranteed shadow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Only mob I can think of that ever miss my shadows are fomor, I'd like screenies of this blind gob.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldone
    I know when CoP came out it was not a guaranteed shadow in CoP only areas, but RoZ and original areas it would still be a guaranteed shadow.
    I remember this being true; I've had Fomor miss me a ton in Phominia and on other areas of Tavnazian archipelago. But you go to Terrigan or Gustav and the gobbos never miss.

Fomors follow the same rules as players regarding ranged attacks. For some reason they kept it like that instead of making them like beastmen.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You know something else that seems to have been ninja updated? Firespit, from mobs. It used to seem like the move either had two cases: You would blink it if you had 3 shadows up, blink it entirely, all your shadows would absorb it, or you would take full damage and not lose a single shadow. Someone other than me had to notice this right? >.> But recently, I've been noticing myself losing shadows and taking damage, meaning that it acts more like a gob rush or jet stream now. I think just the other day I had two shadows up, got the "Mich's Copy Image effect wears off" and took wtf85 damage. I do think it was ninja updated.

I really hoped they'd fixed ranged attacks when I read this, but alas. Haven't fought anything RNG or NIN since the patch to test it myself.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    You know something else that seems to have been ninja updated? Firespit, from mobs. It used to seem like the move either had two cases: You would blink it if you had 3 shadows up, blink it entirely, all your shadows would absorb it, or you would take full damage and not lose a single shadow. Someone other than me had to notice this right? >.> But recently, I've been noticing myself losing shadows and taking damage, meaning that it acts more like a gob rush or jet stream now. I think just the other day I had two shadows up, got the "Mich's Copy Image effect wears off" and took wtf85 damage. I do think it was ninja updated.

I really hoped they'd fixed ranged attacks when I read this, but alas. Haven't fought anything RNG or NIN since the patch to test it myself.
    Its not really a secret. If you have the shadows to absorb it, you do. If you dont, you take the damage through shadows.

And I never really minded this rng thing, its a fair trade. Ranged attacks always take a shadow, at the trade off that they can never interupt casting. Never bothered me much.