Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Automatons share the same stat reductions as the master. However, when the master uses a potion to remove a stat reduction (ie. STR), the maton's stat reduction wears off as well.

New Merits
    BG Level

How are the pups doing in Salvage? Can they do the same as drgs and call thier pet before they enter, and still have them when in?
    You can call it before entering, but upon zoning its taken away (floor to floor doesnt remove it though and it receives the hp/mp refill). It wouldnt matter since Deploy cant be used without the weaponskill/ability item anyway, the puppets dont auto-engage. Its also gimped in the exact same way as players (-stats linked to what the master has unlocked) and it cant do much until you get the ranged/ammo item due to having no animator/maneuvers.

The damage is near the top throughout, it hits as hard (if not harder) than the other melees even after they have their items unlocked (add in what the master is hitting for if you choose to engage and its not even close especially if you're haste loading the puppet with Wind Maneuvers). The flash spam without needing magic/mp unlocked is a nice touch as well, along with having a personal erase bot that keeps itself healed/stoneskinned. Aside from the top floor NM, which is still a bit of a mystery, 3 pups (6 melees) + tank + 2 mages/support would probably have the easiest time getting up the floors for a small man group.

I'll probably try out the Sharpshot frame next time, but its hard to beat the overall utility + damage (Cannibal Blade does not miss) of the Valoredge frame. Daze caps at about 2200 though, and with the supposed WS accuracy change Drum Magazine isnt completely worthless anymore, so it'll be worth testing at least once. Its ranged attacks still cant crit, but thats a small gripe at this point with how much they fixed in the update.

The lolpup argument is pretty much limited now to meripo (which is still a coin toss and I'd currently meripo on my thf anyway if I had anything left to merit). With the new set, plus whatever they decide to do with its relic/af2 equivalent and Cat2 merits, even that argument will be an afterthought in a few months.

-Vyzrael (Asura)

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

with the supposed WS accuracy change Drum Magazine isnt completely worthless anymore, so it'll be worth testing at least once.
    Oh? What do you mean, Vyzrael? I haven't heard about this.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

On 2nd floor Salvage when everyone was still bare-fist punching flans for 3-5 dmg, my Valoredge critted for 240 dmg.

Uh?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nice to hear Mioko :D

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    On 2nd floor Salvage when everyone was still bare-fist punching flans for 3-5 dmg, my Valoredge critted for 240 dmg.

Uh?
    I too would like to know why your entire party was still either weaponless on floor 2 or hitting flans for 5 damage.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Priran

Uh?
    I too would like to know why your entire party was still either weaponless on floor 2 or hitting flans for 5 damage.
    I saw that coming, and from none other...

Someone was being mister funnymans and went "HAY GUYS, GOING UP? LOL" and used the teleporter before we were done with the first floor.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Someone was being mister funnymans and went "HAY GUYS, GOING UP? LOL" and used the teleporter before we were done with the first floor.
    That's about where I would break someone's pearl, personally.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Priran

Uh?
    I saw that coming, and from none other...

Actually, I take that back, that wasn't the 1st floor someone did that on. I was playing with a busted video card so it was difficult to tell what was going on... The reason we were punching flans for 5 dmg on the 2nd floor was because we only got one Incus Cell on the first floor, and the flan in question was highly resistant to physical damage.

I digress... I managed to burn way too much gil on a Tranquilizer since I've yet to understand where these attachments are coming from yet. (ISNM?) I have yet to test it out though, I'm wondering if it might make something like silencing gods happen more frequently (1/2 on silencing Genbu, and 1/3 on poisoning Seiryu, 0/99999 on silencing Suzaku... lolz)

New Merits
    BG Level

I digress... I managed to burn way too much gil on a Tranquilizer since I've yet to understand where these attachments are coming from yet. (ISNM?)
    I haven't personally seen them due to doing other things since the patch came out, but iirc they were just added to the Ashu Talif BCs (one was confirmed when I was asked what a good initial price would be, and of course on Asura some idiot already paid 2M for a Schurzen). This is why I wouldnt pay more than whatever the other related attachments are going for that already drop from them (100-500k on Asura).

Oh? What do you mean, Vyzrael? I haven't heard about this.
    Parsed results over the last several days. Racc is way up with the Drum Mag and Daze lands at least a good 25% more than Arcu used to with the same setup (Scope, Drum Mag, Stab II, Tgt.Marker). The other WS are also hitting more frequently, its rare to see the puppet miss any weaponskill now (the Attuner also obviously works on WS now, Tgt.Marker was probably fixed as well).

-Vyzrael (Asura)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Immediately after patch, I tested out the new WSs on Lesser Colibri.

The old WS numbers were about the same as they were before patch for me, but one new WS in particular I was rather impressed with.

Chimera Ripper: ~180 dmg
    String Cutter: ~200 dmg
    Cannibal Blade: ~290 dmg

Slapstick: ~120 dmg
    Knockout: ~220 dmg

Arcuballista: ~260dmg
    Daze: ~780 dmg

...yeah...

P.S. Impairment pathos does not inhibit Automatons from using weaponskills. Did about 300 dmg Daze on a Dark Pudding in Salvage around 3rd floor or so, just for the records.

New Merits
    BG Level

P.S. Impairment pathos does not inhibit Automatons from using weaponskills.
    In order to get "Deploy" back you need to unlock Abilities/Weaponskills (Opacus) anyway. Dmg in Salvage also has quite a wide range so far (so far I've just used Cannibal Blade) of 92 on puddings up to 900 on the wamouras. I'll probably test Daze on the next run just to get some numbers (its cap is ridiculously high, 2200ish if rattk is capped against the mob).

I can see why they decided to not allow FMx3 + Daze on a regular basis, it would be broken as hell with the Attuner (Overdrive should still put up the max number though, with 1 maneuver = 3).

-Vyzrael (Asura)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by doofy
    P.S. Impairment pathos does not inhibit Automatons from using weaponskills.
    In order to get "Deploy" back you need to unlock Abilities/Weaponskills (Opacus) anyway.
    Well, shit. That should make sense... something must have been busted on my end then... Throughout our entire run I was unable to use weaponskills at all, even after I got Job Abilities back in order to be able to even Activate my Automaton. *shrug* It made me assume weaponskills were unlocked along with weapons/shields. Well I'll be darned.

This Usukane for PUP is kinda' a bust... loldrama if a PUP ever gets those pieces unless they have mnk/nin/sam leveled as well. Not to mention I was really hoping that there would be some new JSE/Relic set that would do the opposite of encouraging PUPs to melee. The very concept of the job should be the opposite. The best idea I had heard for PUP was an Automaton-boosting latent effect triggered when disengaged. If Square-Enix really thinks PUP needs to get a boost in the melee department so they can compete with existing jobs, it needs to be PUP exclusive, or perhaps a respectable amount of Hand-to-hand skill and a WS after Dragon Kick.

On the other hand, I'd like to see results for Schurzen/Condenser/thatotherdarkelementattachment.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, Daze is good, but annoying. Ever since the mid 60s, my sharpshot has been getting its butt kicked in parties from hate, and I thought it was just because of the piercing bonus on birds. But it does it even more so now with Daze, so I have to hold back some. I keep stealth screen equipped, but still pulls hate at the end of battles, sometimes.

I'd switch to Valoredge for Cannibal Blade, but then it doesn't pull any hate so it doesn't even need to drain.

On one hand, its nice to know my automaton can pull hate this easily, since that means it must be doing decent damage. But on the other hand, it sucks to spam oils every 3 min to keep it alive, or retrieve it off the mob altogether for a moment.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Counting your pets dmg in with your own to determine your DoT capabilities? That's not allowed!

Have you had issues with sharpshot using Arcuballista in a merit pt? I was out playing with Lesser Colibri earlier and it was using Arcuballista 100% of the time regardless of whatever maneuvers were up.

Then I stepped into Besieged and it used Daze 100%. Perhaps level of the mob is taken into consideration? I have no idea right now.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In my whole exp session, it used Arcuballista once. I always made sure however that my Thunder capacity was high. That being said, I used Thunder two times in a row often to ensure Daze went off. God, I love these WSes!

BTW Interesting footnote:

One fly took 120 damage from Daze. It was the only resist I had and I am trying to figure out how it happened. It came after a Jnun and went off as the maton was running to the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    [Referring to a physical WS]It was the only resist I had
    I lol'd

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    One fly took 120 damage from Daze. It was the only resist I had and I am trying to figure out how it happened. It came after a Jnun and went off as the maton was running to the fly.
    I'm going to go ahead and say it was the distance. The closer your Automaton is to the mob, the higher dmg its ranged attacks will do. It's the primary reason that I use Valoredge head with Sharpshot body, to force it to stay within melee range of the mob. I haven't determined if a larger distance increases its ranged accuracy though. The whole thing seems ass-backwards compared to RNG calculations, if I'm not mistaken.

On something like a Bumblebee, at max distance my Sharpshot will hit for maybe 500ish dmg with a ranged attack. However, if I place my automaton right inside the Bumblebee and deploy, it's ranged attacks cap somewhere around 644.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Max, I am talking about my automaton weaponskills and they do not miss...at all XD