BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So who got bagged?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

So who got bagged?

Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been suspended or permanently terminated.

Based on the results of our investigation, over 7,450 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while over 250 accounts were temporarily suspended indefinitely.

The breakdown for the suspensions is as follows:

- Accounts confirmed using third party tools to illegally move their characters:
    400 cases

- Accounts confirmed using third party tools to give an unfair advantage over other
    players in order to get claim on Notorious Monsters.
    4400 cases

- Accounts confirmed using illegal means to obtain items
    100 cases

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    2800 cases

The results of our investigation resulted in the confiscation of over 6.2 Billion gil

We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (real money trading) activities. We will continue to take strict actions against those individuals that we have confirmed to have used such tools.

Please note that some of these third-party tools may cause character information to be altered, erased, or personal information to be leaked to unwanted third parties. If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be.

While we did not include a RMT heading in this announcement, RMT related activities are being investigated by a separate group and we plan to act on the results of this investigation at a later date. With the newly revised policies in effect, our GM teams are not only pursuing the buy and sell of gil, but also the illegal actions by RMT affiliates who seek to control certain areas within FINAL FANTASY XI with the purpose of furthering RMT related activities.

As of Dec. 10, the development team implemented a fix to prevent items from being obtained in an illegal manner. Action has been taken against accounts that participated in these activities.

To ensure that our customers can enjoy the game safely, we will continue to apply measurements to combat these third-party tools and violations.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

our gilsellers who have been claiming mid other people fighting them are still online, so nothing's changed on asura (as usual)

I knew the stick would soon follow the patch.

The Flying Scotsman
    BG Level

Our sky assbags seem to be not online at this time. If they aren't back in a couple of days I might actually smile.

"I haven't smiled once since you were born." -- Squee's dad, JTHM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice.

Wonder if some of the dodgy notorious claiming linkshells have any members left

Relic Shield
    BG Level

OMGZ! There goes half of Remora rofl.

If anyone with a relic gets banned for using third party programs please send me a PM on the forums, so I can write out your rl suicide note

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler
    OMGZ! There goes half of Remora rofl.

If anyone with a relic gets banned for using third party programs please send me a PM on the forums, so I can write out your rl suicide note
    No need

http://inconnu.isu.edu/~ink/new/humo...ip_suicide.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by solsovly
    I hate to say it.... but Winword 97 wins the internet.

Maybe DA will be a bit emptier today?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'm from Remora and I'm still around.

3 guys hit with supsensions though ; ; Might just have been pos hacking finally catching up to them.

I still don't think they can get you for basic hnm bot claiming. Unless your dumb ass is afk or teleporting to the mob, there's not much for them to go on.

Xavier

Square has all the right moves lately.

http://www.foxy.co.uk/imagery/redmuz...0-79/78275.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level

They've kinda turned the game on its head with this update. Seriously.

There are 3.5 reasons to camp ground now: D.Ring, Ridill, EBody, Heca Cap (the .5 since faf drops them like candy). 2.5 melee reasons, 1 tank reason.

Aspid might as well not exists. In fact, they could just delete Valley of Sorrows.

They aren't suspending enough people to really stop claim botting, but it could get to that point. Although people will just use mule accts to do it... for awhile at least. Killing botting is gonna be tough/impossible.

It's all kind of jarring. As much as ground is/was fucked up, I still liked the "hunt". Gather up some bodies and try to get the big monster when it appeared. Short but fun fights. Do it for a few days to a week, then you got a break when it popped during school/work/sleep (unless you're crazy hardcore).

Now endgame is instanced grinding :/ Of course we don't know everything about Salvage yet, but its boiling down to: unlock the right abilities, progress through the levels, kill as much as you can, try to kill the boss at the end. Dynamis: hit the extensions, do these specific pulls, kill the NMs, kill the boss, kill as much as you can. Limbus is similar but much faster paced and imo they were pretty creative with it. And this is how you get the majority of the best armor in the game.

HNM shells are going to start looking a lot less attractive. Who wants to go through the effort required for Jorm/Vrtra/Ouryu/camping Ground Kings/even doing ToAU NMs when for a lot of jobs they get nothing from them now? Dynamis only shells are popular enough as it is, and there are a lot of "Sea" shells that mostly just do limbus. Salvage shells up next. People will say to themselves: "I want ____ item(s), which come from ____. I'll join a ____ shell." Current HNM shells now have 3 "instanced" grinds to do every week on top of camping kings and other stuff. Personally I'm gonna be wrapping up limbus soon; after one last hurrah for omega and ultima it'll come down to people's own initiative to farm sets.

I love the new items (everyone does...). Salvage looks interesting, initially. The KC thing is genius. Also, SE has a huge pld boner lately. If somehow SE makes it entirely unattractive to bot... I could live with that. But still, game is changing Time will tell if its for better or for worse I guess.

I think people are a little over excited about salvage, we're seeing 1-2 items per run drop so far, that's gonna take a shitload of runs to get gear upgraded for everyone.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Agreed. Everyone and their mothers wants the new gear, and people are already talking about getting whole sets like this shit is gonna be fast and easy. No one is even thinking about how difficult it may be to actually collect three corresponding pieces. Not to mention how do you distribute the drops?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Some are getting 4-5 per run and strategies are not even set yet. Once people really know what to do, I can see people getting 5-10 pieces per run. Since you only need 3 pieces, I imagine someone can get 1-2 pieces of the new armor every month or two, very managable compared to the end game overcrowding. I am more concerned about the wootz ore and o ingot situation.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin
    Aspid might as well not exists. In fact, they could just delete Valley of Sorrows.
    MNK>> Hey guys aspid is up and egg is last item i need for black belt, lets go kill

Leader>> After dynamis we will

MNK>> k!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

right. upgrading a full set to me is the equivalent of having a full set of abj that includes a king body, or maybe upgrading a relic weapon. sure some of that war stuff is nice but kb faf/nid will still be king. plus the whole 2k AP, getting everyone on any kind of regular schedule to do it, distributing, etc etc, its not some easy task even though its right in our faces.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Easy? No. However, strategies for the salvage runs will improve quickly, and people will become proficcient at them. I don't think it will take long to improve. Consider the lowish drop rates a trade off- Sure, it's hard to obtain and expensive but you do not have to compete against anyone, no one can outclaim or bot you out of contention. You could camp faf for 6 months and not get more than 3 nidhoggs, is this REALLY that much worse? I think it provides a nice alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    I think people are a little over excited about salvage, we're seeing 1-2 items per run drop so far, that's gonna take a shitload of runs to get gear upgraded for everyone.
    At least theres some feeling of progress though :/ Thats what I hate about kings most, its a small chance and if you don't beat the odds you're SOL. Also expect items dropped per run to go up as we actually figure this shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    I am more concerned about the wootz ore and o ingot situation.
    I'm not, you can find orichalcum ore while walking your chocobo now. >_>