BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Salvage Armor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

not really a big deal, if you take the time to look at the stats on diff sets you see that each job only has a couple if any pieces that arent already surpassed by gear thats been around long before salvage. Guess its easier for me only being DRK & WHM 75, since Marduck's blows ass for WHM

Just make a choice what you want more, it wont kill you to keep a piece in storage until you finish another.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    read: wah wah wah wah wah waahh
    read: my e peen can't be fully hardened until I have salvage sets for all 5 of my jobs!
    So, by your logic:

If someone only wants 1-2 pieces from each set, you're going to force them to complete only one set, when they only want one, maybe two, pieces from that set?

Yeah let's waste 3 items on someone who doesn't even want them

Old Merits
    BG Level

read: wah wah wah wah wah waahh
    read: my e peen can't be fully hardened until I have salvage sets for all 5 of my jobs!
    So, by your logic:

If someone only wants 1-2 pieces from each set, you're going to force them to complete only one set, when they only want one, maybe two, pieces from that set?

The idea is to have players make a choice between one of the 5 sets. So no grabbing one or two pieces from each set. You have the option of getting what are about the most elite pieces of armor in the game for each of the 5 'job types' represented with the salvage sets. The precedent is there already with CoP rings, and the earrings from DM and AN, not to mention merits--you can specialize in one or a few areas, but you can't do it all.

I kind of think this is what SE is doing, and I think that once you complete a piece of one of the sets, you'll be unable to upgrade any piece from any of the other sets. Of course we have to have someone upgrade a piece before if we know if it works like this.

And there's no need to waste pieces... if you don't want it, don't lot it, it's very simple.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So, by your logic:

Lotting the BEST pieces from every set just because you have enough jobs leveled is a total dick move. I would doubt you could upgrade more than one set anyway, but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    So, by your logic:

Lotting the BEST pieces from every set just because you have enough jobs leveled is a total dick move. I would doubt you could upgrade more than one set anyway, but we will see.
    Go back to alla.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

So, by your logic:

Just because you have alot of jobs levelled, it doesn't mean you have to eat the breadcrumbs while everyone else eats the cake.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So, by your logic:

Get out.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Just because you have alot of jobs levelled, it doesn't mean you have to eat the breadcrumbs while everyone else eats the cake.
    That anology makes absolutely no sense. A more accurate one would be; I have enough jobs to wear five sets, I should get five cakes.

None of the sets are 5/5 awesome gear for any jobs(except maybe for pup..), barring the set bonus, most of them have 1-3 good pieces. If you just go across the board and lot usukune head/feet, marduk/ares/morrigan body, etc, that isn't exactly fair to anyone now is it? Yeah, you're not lotting every piece of gear that drops, but you might as well be.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    That anology makes absolutely no sense. A more accurate one would be; I have enough jobs to wear five sets, I should get five cakes.

None of the sets are 5/5 awesome gear for any jobs(except maybe for pup..), barring the set bonus, most of them have 1-3 good pieces. If you just go across the board and lot usukune head/feet, marduk/ares/morrigan body, etc, that isn't exactly fair to anyone now is it? Yeah, you're not lotting every piece of gear that drops, but you might as well be.
    No, you make no sense, because everyone is putting time to get 2,000 AP, including the dude who got 5 x 75.

These days most people have 3-5 75 jobs, and it's not fair that everyone has to get screwed because the LS noob has only 1 job (and probably can't afford to upgrade it even if he gets all 3 peices).

I sure can understand being locked into a peice (which is how we're doing it unless item is freelotted / people in shell do their own designated runs for the peices) , but being locked into an entire set to get 2-4 peices they don't want to spend time/money on? Retarded.

Please don't tell me you lock people into lotting 1 set of AF2 at a time aswell.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

When did I ever say I would do that?

Do you know how Salvage works? Once all the drops have been figured out, your LS can pretty much choose which pieces to go after and plan their runs accordingly.

Personally, I'm going for a few pieces of Morrigan's first. I'm not a complete asshole that I would lot on pieces for all my jobs before people who play those jobs more than I do, but you're damn right I'll be wanting to lot on them after they have it without having to complete the whole Morrigan's set.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

wouldn't you want someone to be the best they can be for whatever job they come to on events? I like people with several jobs levled, it means they can be versatile and come as whatever they're needed.

Dunno, maybe it's just me that think like that...

As for the "I doubt you could upgrade more then one set anyway..." comment, I think you will be. You can upgrade more then one relic weapon, more then one Limbus set, and the NPC gives you the choice of changing which set you want to upgrade atm... dunno about you, but I think its quite obvious.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do you know how Salvage works? Once all the drops have been figured out, your LS can pretty much choose which pieces to go after and plan their runs accordingly.
    Exactly. The drops for the most part aren't random besides the lvl 25 pieces from the bosses. So if everyone in your LS wants a certain piece, then go farm it.

The biggest block to people upgrading items now seems to be figuring out where most of the lvl35 stuff comes from. Now it seems that they're all rare drops from NMs people have killed a lot, or they're common drops from tricky NMs that we just don't understand how to pop. The other large obstacle to upgrading pieces is getting to the bosses of Arrapago Remnants and Zhayolm Remnants, which I don't think anyone has done yet. Zhayolm Remnants isn't bad to farm and is already very well mapped out, but it's just really long. And cell drops in Arrapago Remnants are so stingy, that it's just hard to go up floors and fight with almost nothing. And they're both 7 floors, instead of 5.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

At the moment my guys have made a decision based on the set they're most interested in. We're hoping we're not locked into one set and can't see a reason why you would be but at least if people make a decision based on this assumption then they won't be disappointed.

We don't have anyone with more than 3 level 75's though and aren't likely to for a while. Most people have 1-2 and so far have clearly expressed a preference for one set.

i just have to say as a player for 3 years, I only have one 75 job and am by no means a noob. And that it does indeed suck to come to dynamis as RDM, my only job im trying to pimp out and only drops I care about at all, and have a guy that has multiple jobs levelled that rarely if ever even uses RDM (and usually has obtained a zillion other relic drops for other jobs for his time/gil spent) lot against me. Even people with multiple jobs tend to have one they favor, and in a close linkshell, Mr5Jobs should be letting the ls members that are truly dedicated to that job and use it all of the time get the item first IMHO. Those of us with only one job do have it rough in that like everyone we want something for our effort, but there is simply less that we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    i just have to say as a player for 3 years, I only have one 75 job and am by no means a noob. And that it does indeed suck to come to dynamis as RDM, my only job im trying to pimp out and only drops I care about at all, and have a guy that has multiple jobs levelled that rarely if ever even uses RDM (and usually has obtained a zillion other relic drops for other jobs for his time/gil spent) lot against me. Even people with multiple jobs tend to have one they favor, and in a close linkshell, Mr5Jobs should be letting the ls members that are truly dedicated to that job and use it all of the time get the item first IMHO. Those of us with only one job do have it rough in that like everyone we want something for our effort, but there is simply less that we want.
    Well maybe you should reconsider who you go to dynamis with.

Also, lolpup.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    Well maybe you should reconsider who you go to dynamis with.

Also, lolpup.
    Yeah, sounds like you need to ditch the loot whores.

Also, for any given job, take a look at the pieces again. Most jobs will have pieces they don't want that other jobs do. take morrigan hands. I'm a RDM, I think they suck. But +5 acc/atk/macc/matk is a fuckton nice for BLU. In the same respect, most BLUs can pass on morrigan legs, while I sure as hell want that +10 INT/MND in my bag. So while each set, by itself, is nice for all the jobs that can use it, in most cases certain jobs will have better alternatives for certain pieces. THATS where the whole "don't let people only want 3 pieces" argument falls apart: whos to say people want the same three pieces?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think the fact that there are set bonuses on the salvage sets is evidence enough that SE wants players to desire each and every piece. Until recently the best incentive to actually collecting full sets of armor in this game would be to wear stuff that actually matches. Then, SE introduced the Assault sets. Nice try, but while a lot the individual pieces were good, the set bonuses were laughable. Now, with Salvage, I think they may have finally hit the target of making us armor that both looks good together and is effective. Only time will tell, though.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn
    Also, for any given job, take a look at the pieces again. Most jobs will have pieces they don't want that other jobs do. take morrigan hands. I'm a RDM, I think they suck. But +5 acc/atk/macc/matk is a fuckton nice for BLU. In the same respect, most BLUs can pass on morrigan legs, while I sure as hell want that +10 INT/MND in my bag. So while each set, by itself, is nice for all the jobs that can use it, in most cases certain jobs will have better alternatives for certain pieces. THATS where the whole "don't let people only want 3 pieces" argument falls apart: whos to say people want the same three pieces?
    Except BLU would like the legs +10 MND and INT is hawt for BLU too. Most of the ones I see wear Jets or Crimson.

I think the fact that there are set bonuses on the salvage sets is evidence enough that SE wants players to desire each and every piece. Until recently the best incentive to actually collecting full sets of armor in this game would be to wear stuff that actually matches. Then, SE introduced the Assault sets. Nice try, but while a lot the individual pieces were good, the set bonuses were laughable. Now, with Salvage, I think they may have finally hit the target of making us armor that both looks good together and is effective. Only time will tell, though.
    This puts extreme doubt in my mind that the set bonuses on these sets will be worth giving up already existing gear for. Furthermore, the set bonuses don't even necessarily make sense for endgame jobs: what does a blu or rdm at endgame activities need mab for?