Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

MNK: Shura Togi +1 or Usukane Haramaki

I'm just wondering what Monks would prefer for melee/TP'ing, and Weaponskills.

Shura Togi +1 is DEF:41, HP-55, Accuracy+11, Attack+22
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Shura_Togi_Plus_1

Usukane Haramaki is DEF:40, STR+8, DEX+8, INT+8, Accuracy+12, Evasion+12, "Store TP" +6, Set: Enhances Haste Effect
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Usukane_Haramaki

I picked up a Togi-1 about a month ago for my Monk I am leveling, it was a very good deal and such, and I was amazed that they added such a good armor like the Usukane Haramaki. I just want to hear what people think, I have asked quite a few Monks I know already, but I won't say what they said, to remove any bias in any discussion and such (Chances are they will probably end up posting their thoughts as well anyway).

I know that there is Kirin's Osode for Weaponskills, but the modifiers on Asuran Fists are so low, that I would *assume* that the accuracy bonus and other stats from Togi +1 and Haramaki would enable more hits to be landed more frequently than with Osode. But like I said, my Monk is still a little low and such.

Vobent

I'm no monk so opinion seems lol, but the usukane seems better due to the store TP to fire off more WSes, also the STR and DEX on it for that tiny boost to DMG/ACC, NOT THAT IT MATTERS ANY.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Debatable but Shura Togi+1 for melee, and Usukane for WS.

Keep in mind we still dont know how much the set enhances haste.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I don't think the haste effect will be so great that Byakko's haidate, or Walahra Turban can't make up for it. I think it is safe to ignore the Haste effect for now, since it needs four others to work as well, which isn't too fair to compare it to just Togi +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    I don't think the haste effect will be so great that Byakko's haidate, or Walahra Turban can't make up for it. I think it is safe to ignore the Haste effect for now, since it needs four others to work as well, which isn't too fair to compare it to just Togi +1.
    Why would you wear turban over that loverly usukane mask?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    Why would you wear turban over that loverly usukane mask?
    Because the 12O.ingot is cockblocking him!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you get +8% from full Usukane, with Walahra Turban / Dusk Gloves / Byakkos Haidate / Fuma Kyahan you get +16%....i think at least a +8% boost from full Usukane is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    you get +8% from full Usukane, with Walahra Turban / Dusk Gloves / Byakkos Haidate / Fuma Kyahan you get +16%....i think at least a +8% boost from full Usukane is reasonable.
    Monk should be wearing dune boots or the usukane boots, fumas are for the lazies.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Monk should be wearing dune boots or the usukane boots, fumas are for the lazies.
    Not to mention +16% would put mnks way over the +25% cap for gear with black belt, making it pointless.

It basically boils down to this for mnks, using turban-togi-af2hands-haidate-dune boots:

Str16
    Dex13
    Int8
    Agi3
    Acc36
    Atk17
    StoreTP7
    Subtle Blow5
    Counter 2
    Eva29
    Haste8
    Enmity5
    Whatever the haste bonus is

vs:

Hp -20 +3%
    Mp30
    Haste10
    Acc10
    Attack36
    Subtle Blow4
    Dex15
    Kick+30

Depends.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Monk can't use Dusk.

I didn't think of the Usukane Mask thing when I wrote that, I would probably use it over Turban if I had it though.

The feet look great for all of the jobs, unfortunately, I doubt SE would be so kind as to give a hidden Kick attack enhancement on them though.

Celeras, unless FFXIclopedia is wrong, Dune boots make your kick attacks DMG:30 instead of DMG:0? Not Kick attacks +30 (Also, might wanna recheck some of the stats you posted)

Scratching out the stats that don't matter or offset:

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    It basically boils down to this for mnks, using turban-togi-af2hands-haidate-dune boots:

Str16
    Acc26
    StoreTP7
    Enmity5
    Haste+X (set bonus)

vs:

Haste+2
    Attack+19
    Dex+2
    Kick Dmg +27
    I'd go with the Usukane set, if it were choosing one set or the other. Depending on the haste bonus, I'd consider mix-and-match with the boots and gloves.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'd prolly take the set as a whole over the conventional MNK setup, but if i can't get the entire set, i'd probably stick to togi/bando/o.hat.turban/kitty pants/dunes

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I was looking at those new boots, and I say they are best for MNK period, can much easily wear Rajas fulltime since these feet are a Sniper+1.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would have to go with Shura for TP and Usukane for WS. 22 attack is just to much to pass up while TPing for whatever else.

As for the set, very hard to say... the huge acc would make meat setup even better. But, if the set haste enhancment isnt all that great, mix and match prolly best. Heck, Not many sets ever are the "best" for every slot. Take the best of both worlds.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well which looks better?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd say it'd be either the whole Usu set for TP (that and Black belt and the Haste enhancement should be enough Haste) or if you don't have the full set Shura for TP, Usu for WS.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'd be willing to bet that the set bonus is 5%. BB + Usukane's 8% + 5% = 25%

Fuma Kyahan
    GTFO, Fuma Monk.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

In terms of looks, Usukane looks much, much better than Shura. I'll post a side-by-side comparison in a bit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think with full Usukane on, MNK/SAM/NIN have the choice of using other slots to boost attack rating and use meat full time, granted there's still better pieces of equipment for some slots (B kote, Dune Boots)....i guess it just depends on the situation. Fighting VTs in mire/thickets would be a good place to parse full Usukane vs. a MNK with a different setup.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

The more interesting question, to me, is would you rather use Dune Boots or Usukane feet? I have Dunes and love them dearly, but the Usukane's stats make them very tempting for TP. I don't think I'll be able to make up my mind until some parses come out, but on the surface, I'd give the nod to Dune Boots.