Thread: Salvage: Zhayolm Remnants     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Since this got bumped...

I noticed there are three ramparts behind the 5F frog. We never kill them, they just kinda seem to be funny things for the frog to randomly hide behind. Considering it has three possible drops, has anyone tried a set of runs killing a specific combination of the ramparts prior to aggroing the frog to see if it has any effect at all?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Adding to any compiled info ... my group got Skadi legs 35 from the 5th floor frog when we entered on lightning day. didn't kill any ramparts in the room

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Wow thanks for the awesome information, now I must do that every damn time we do ZR.
    Goddamn it...
    That post wasn't help full one bit just so you know.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any tips or suggested timeline for attempting 4F N and 5F N in the same run? I notice that all stats except MP can simply be farmed up after popping 4F. It seems luck in getting MP cells is a major factor. Is that right?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not too difficult to do 4FN, 5F, 6F, and Boss. Plan out cells beforehand and know who's getting what if different situations happen. I wouldn't suggest taking more than 6 people for this, or someone's gonna be going without cells.

1st Floor:
    Send someone to NE porter from start, farm cells from the first three inner rooms then port (it will save some time if the puller has cell mobs marked).

2nd Floor:
    Clear the NE room, kill Mamool, and pop Frog. Kill 2 cell mobs in SE, SW, and NW rooms (1 cell mob if you happened to get that equipment cell from the starter chest). Pop Jakko, have someone waiting at porter to port as soon as it dies.

3rd Floor:
    Send someone to the north porter from start, and farm stat cells along the west path with any remaining time. Port up before 30 mins have passed, you should have 5-10 mins to farm here.

4th Floor:
    Assuming you've got at least 3 MP cells, kill Frog and then farm Mamools if you're short on any stat cells. Reset the floor after if you're still short on stats. Everything after this is pretty straightforward.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks for the tips!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey guys I was wondering what is a good stratergy to do any of the Madames that drop lvl 15 pieces while also doing the 35 5th floor madame and/or the floor 6 madame. Thanks for any help -Yodaa!^^

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Haroun covered 4/5/6F above. To pop 3F, farm all the way south until you're cleared of cells, then go back and clear the north half. Time will be a big issue to see if you can get 5/6F frogs done also.

But I think you're better off sending 3-4 ppl into the zone to target those specific NMs since they drop 100% than waste a run that can potentially end bad.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

We used to pop F 4/5/6 easily. We would only farm enough on floor 2 to unlock 4 people (2 of each mob) and kill Jakko and then 2hr on the mamools on the 3rd floor to get stat cells.

If time becomes a factor on 3rd floor, Port up, kill F4 frog, then kill the mamools on that floor, and kill the wrong rampart to keep warping back to that floor till you unlock the 3 people who need it. Then move on to floor 5 and 6.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    We used to pop F 4/5/6 easily. We would only farm enough on floor 2 to unlock 4 people (2 of each mob) and kill Jakko and then 2hr on the mamools on the 3rd floor to get stat cells.

If time becomes a factor on 3rd floor, Port up, kill F4 frog, then kill the mamools on that floor, and kill the wrong rampart to keep warping back to that floor till you unlock the 3 people who need it. Then move on to floor 5 and 6.
    My understanding is that you MUST get your MP cells on floor 3 (or in the starting crate) as none will drop on floor 4.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Yes, that is true, you must get MP in starting chest or on 3rd floor.

Never had an issue of not getting enough MP as if you are 2hring songs and mnks on 3rd floor, should get enough drops to pop what you need.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If it's a speed run, never send the thief to the gate if you want mp cells.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a little newer to the ZR zone, can you explain what you mean by the "inner room?"
    Also does the F4 Madame link with all the gents because there seems to be a million gents in that room.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lordgenbu View Post
    I'm a little newer to the ZR zone, can you explain what you mean by the "inner room?"
    Also does the F4 Madame link with all the gents because there seems to be a million gents in that room.
    Inner rooms are just the first of each mob type rooms are first floor that drop two or zero instead of one or zero like outer mobs do on the first floor.
    And yes they do link you need sac pull for it ussually.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone still have the website for the .dat pack that shows which mobs are cell mobs?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    Anyone still have the website for the .dat pack that shows which mobs are cell mobs?
    If you dig through this very thread its in here (a single dat for zr). if you want to change every single mobs name in salvage to something silly... http://www.manafont.org/blog/salvage-dats-rehosted/

Edit: Found another link [that i have never used so dont know what is in it]: http://www.angelfire.com/on3/wc/ffxi.html

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    Inner rooms are just the first of each mob type rooms are first floor that drop two or zero instead of one or zero like outer mobs do on the first floor.
    And yes they do link you need sac pull for it ussually.
    Thanks mate I appreciate it. ^^

Im trying to figure out a good 6 man grp to take into ZR to get 4th floor frog. I dont do salvage on a regular nor have a static but i recently got 35s n 25 pieces for Usu feet. Any good lowman strats to jus go in and kill this frog ive never fought it before.

Grab the cells you need off the first floor (inner 4 rooms in each wing should unlock all the ma/ja/wp/sj you need for a 6 party group, less mobs needed if you are doing it with 2-3 people). Port up NE portal.

Clear the lizards out of the NE room on 2nd floor and kill mamool, go farm a couple mobs in each other room to get some armor if you want. (Can skip clearing out all the lizards/killing mamool if you dont want anymore armor >.>). Then port up.

Go west and kill mamools till relevant stats are unlocked.

Zone up north portal before 30 min mark (28 min to be safe).

Kill frog.

Usually best to pull it to the portal room so your mages can kite it around if melee gets charmed.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

6 man is overkill for a 4F run; With level 80 and people being on the ball you an do it with 4 people.
    1F Pop box, sneak/inviso past puks to the hallway between lizard/ziz kill your 4 cell mobs (3 people) while 1 goes to ziz portal. If needed move to kill the 2 bugards too [depends on starter chest drops]
    2F kill all lizards + mamool then move to each room and kill 2 mobs each to get 4 cells
    3F clear the first 3 rooms heading south as 3 people while other goes north to portal.
    4FN get here fore 30 min kill frog repeat floor as needed for additional cells to full unlock 3 people
    5FN kill the frog and call it a run

Zhayolm is often the "less people the better" zone.