+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 137 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage: Zhayolm Remnants     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Theres really no hard info on the floor involving the 4 ramparts. Each time we've done it, something different has happened. We've taken both routes and done both sets of ramparts. If it's a pattern, it's hard to pick up on, but yeah, i'm gonna hafta go ahead and suggest the north path and 2nd rampart until that fails someone.
    I already told you what happens on the north route, the only thing left would be the south.

And also already said that the fourth rampart has worked for us ;x

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

we've done the south, engaged the third rampart, nothing happened. Then went 1, 2, 4. Had to kill all of them before we ported up. I posted that. So it seems the south path altogether just blows.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On the fifth floor in the little room just to the north of the porter room there are I think 3 ramparts. I'd assume that there are 3 in the little room just to the south as well. Not sure if these actually do anything since there seem to be a lot of mobs in out of the way rooms in this zone, but I didn't see it marked off on the maps.

We took the south route to the 4th floor. We killed the Ramparts in the order 3 > 4 > 2 > 1 and none of them ever depopped. 2 of them dropped an EX Zhaylom(sp) Card (I think it was Rampart 4 and 2? probably all can drop).

Also on the 2nd floor, it seems the mobs always drop the Cells in some sort of grouping. When a mob dropped stuff, it was always 2x Item + 1x Body. Although in the NE room we had one mob that dropped 6 or 7 Cells I think.

The 2nd floor is a major problem because soooo many cells drop, it's really hard to keep track of who needs to lot on stuff. Also, because you have to clear an entire room to gain access to another room, you end up with far too many cells that you don't need. It's probably better to skip 1-2 of the rooms and just live without your head/neck or legs/feet slots.

Also, because the first floor only drops 12x of each item, you really can't do this zone with more than 12 people. You really get screwed on the higher floor when people can't use their Magic/JA because you didn't get enough Cells. If you go with more than 12, people need to try and go as jobs that don't need all 4 of those cells and decide beforehand who is passing on certain cells. (for example, a SAM/WAR won't need magic, BRD is still useful without weapons, etc)

Really I see this zone working best with 12 people, and splitting into 2 groups on the first floor, and 3 groups on the 2nd floor (3 groups as in, engage 3 mobs at once to kill them faster).

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Ya I'm in Pacha and Leoniens LS and let's just say this Salvage is fun but extremely frustrating, but it's motivating to see others pursuing it like we are. Hopefully one of us can make it past the 6th floor eventually and either reach the 7th floor or win the salvage altogether. Keep up the good work guys

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What body pieces are dropping?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    What body pieces are dropping?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

As far as i can tell from any forum no evidence Body pieces dropping simply off mobs. People are guessing the cards may have something to do with the body pieces.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

On our latest foray into this hell zone we were blessed with zero drops from the 3rd/4th floor mamools. Not a single hp/mp/stat cell even though they used to drop them before the update. We killed the ramparts on the 6th floor and that alone didn't unlock the bottom door, so we had one person aggro the chariot and we tried killing off the gears. We weren't able to kill them all off to get to fight the chariot but we got a card off the first gear killed.

We still have yet to get a single armor drop from this zone, and I don't feel like throwing more XP/AP/time at this one while the other zones seem to actually be functioning to a certain degree.

Also when we killed a chariot on the 5th floor, it seemed to draw gears toward it as we killed it. It didn't seem like it was summoning them out of the blue, or that the gears were aggroing magic/etc, but more like the gears from the big room were being drawn toward the chariot as its life decreased, so we were barely able to kill it before the massive gear adds wiped us. The chariot dropped nothing, of course.

I'm in azn's ls, the one time I did go on a salvage run (thursday, gd work/christmas shopping), we went the south route to port up. so yeah, was #2 that time.

Hey, I'm a mage too, didn't get jack shit for items that run, could have been slacking off soooooo bad, and even I was paying attention azn :/

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Way to just copy and paste everything tyche <_<;; Some of the wording on the 1st post may sound weird because I was addressing my LS, >.>;

On 3rd floor: What path do you all take? We've taken North 2x (Never dropped any cells) and we've taken South x1 (Dropped many cells)

The maps are a bit outdated without the latest info cause Lokim is away for a few days due to holidays. Also read the whole topic before posting -_- It's one thing to confirm if something is true or not, but stating what's been stated over 5 times per page.. yeah. We already know that nothing drops in the first 6 floors of this zone.

On the 4th floor:

When we took north room, the portal opened up after killing one rampart. (Rest depopped)

When we took south room, the ramparts never depopped. No idea when gate opened cause no one was there, but it was open by the 4th rampart.

edit: For our alliance, we usually have 4 monks, 1-2 ridill wars, and a thf. Sometimes a random melee like drk or drg. We clear the whole first floor cause we go in with 16-18, and on the 2nd floor we only kill a few wyverns to get tanks/suicide pullers shoes (wlegs/gaiters/powder boots) and a few body armors for whms.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Today, we had:

2x: 2 Feet 1 Body
    That is what I am referring too, Magus. What piece is it XD

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

cells to equip those pieces.

Edit @ juliano: Copy and paste is fine, i'm too god damned lazy to rewrite the same thing over again when people can easily figure it out from what's there -.-

Editx2: I wish someone would do this with the other zones so we don't hafta sift through 1 thread for 3 different zones.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    Editx2: I wish someone would do this with the other zones so we don't hafta sift through 1 thread for 3 different zones.
    i'll fix this right now

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth
    Today, we had:

2x: 2 Feet 1 Body
    That is what I am referring too, Magus. What piece is it XD
    They are talking about the cells which unlock those abilities, not the actual new gear drops.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All the other zones have random drops the entire way, and off of NMs. This zone appears to be different, since nobody ive spoken with has gotten anything yet.

If you ask me, thats setting up one thing: A big loot table from a challenging boss.

You need three pieces to upgrade, and this remnant is looking like its going to be the cockblock.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    All the other zones have random drops the entire way, and off of NMs. This zone appears to be different, since nobody ive spoken with has gotten anything yet.

If you ask me, thats setting up one thing: A big loot table from a challenging boss.

You need three pieces to upgrade, and this remnant is looking like its going to be the cockblock.
    Yeh that's what I think too. My LS recently chose to stop doing this one and start doing Bhaflau or w/e which I don't think is a really good choice because we have an idea of how this one goes, but we wiped on the first room in Bhaflau lol. It was kinda sad XD. I hope this one isn't a waste of time though and does in fact have the better loot pools from the final boss.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras

Yeh that's what I think too. My LS recently chose to stop doing this one and start doing Bhaflau or w/e which I don't think is a really good choice because we have an idea of how this one goes, but we wiped on the first room in Bhaflau lol. It was kinda sad XD. I hope this one isn't a waste of time though and does in fact have the better loot pools from the final boss.
    That happened to us too :X

And yeah, the 2x feet 1x body is the cells, like I said what I wrote was directed at my ls <.<

The mobs on the first floor in Bhauflau area MUCH harder than the mobs on the first floor of Zhaylom lol . Zhaylom definately tough though...we might take the south route next time we go so that we can just kill all 4 of the ramparts so that we're guaranteed to be able to warp to the 5th floor. I think we're going to put this one aside for a bit though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So I guess everyone is going to leave zhayolm on the back burner for a while as well huh :\