The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Salvage: Zhayolm Remnants

All of the info so far is just compiled into one thread, yet theres different zones and different strategies for each. I was wondering if we could possibly break some of it down so it would be a bit easier to sift through. We did bhalfau with a half assed group tonight because zhayolm has been a debbie downer for the past three runs, and we were sifting through endless threads to compile all the info. So, i'll keep this one updated with findings for Mt. Zhayolm and people who have experience in the other zones can compile it all into another thread. Here we go. Please post any addional informations, or if there should be corrections made, post them as well.

(Maps compiled courtesy of Lokim of FM linkshell, notes compiled from various informers on BG as well as Juliano of FM)
    First Floor:
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8168/floor1bk0.jpg

There are 4 mobs in every room.

In each room, 2 mobs drop something, and 2 drop nothing.

Each of the 4 "center rooms" drops 1 of each cell. Two mobs drop 2 cells each.

In the 3 "outer rooms" you get 2 cells per room. 2 mobs drop, 2 don't.

In the last of the outer rooms, the frog drops 2 cells.

From the chests dropped from frogs, NE+SW drop Fighter's Drink, SE+NW drop Strange Milk.

Second Floor:
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4328/floor2xl8.jpg

The room we get ported to is the only one open at first. If we don't clear the room and kill the Mamool that pops, the next room will not open. (Theory. I also theorize the rooms open in clockwise order, but it's also slightly possible that both rooms to the side of that one open, dunno.)

There were 8 wyverns in the SW room, so I believe every room will also have 8 mobs.

Drop rate is still unknown since we only killed 3 mobs in this floor.

Today, we had:

2x: 2 Feet 1 Body
    1x: Nothing

Third Floor:
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/941/floor3bf5.jpg

Going west...

On the first room, 3/4 mamools dropped. The rest of the rooms I don't have a record for, but most of them dropped. The one mamool I pulled from east side dropped nothing.

These drop 3 stat items each, and 1 HP and 1 MP.

On the "wide room" I think there are 16 mamools (+some bst lizard pets) but I didn't count right for sure.

Fourth Floor:
    http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8412/floor4vw4.jpg

Same as the other 4 floor, we have 4 ramparts to kill.

This time, the other ramparts didn't depop when we engaged one, so we assumed we picked the wrong one. I don't know if this is true or a ninja change, because once I reached the teleporter the last rampart was already dead anyway.

To save time, we should have someone who feels useless (or weakened possibly) wait at the teleporter to gtfo us out of that floor ASAP.

Fifth Floor:
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3373/floor5mg9.jpg

Same thing we did last time, sent 4 people out, 3 people following gun train, to zerg rush to the teleporter.

Things to keep in mind about this zone:

Both North and South parts are connected, depending on where you entered from.

There are 2 ramparts that guard a door halfway through, and this time they aggro. One on each side.

There are also 2 chariots, one on each side, guarding the door with the teleporter. This chariot does not summon more mobs, but then again there are enough mobs in this floor as is. ;x

Gears are very easy to train if you have movement speed+, and lose hate pretty easily. When training people following make sure you don't accidentally aggro gears that unaggroed

We have no idea if we have to do anything here, but these ramparts may be key to something, although I kinda doubt it. From what we know the only thing that a previous floor determines in the next floor is location you get ported to.

Sixth Floor:
    http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2806/floor6af9.jpg

2 Ramprts, 1 Chariot...

Today we killed the 2 ramparts and their reinforcements, didn't unseal the "magically sealed door." I wasn't near the chariot fight so I don't know how you guys did with that, could someone specify what happened?

Popping the chariot also spawned a bunch of gears in the room. They seemed to have started out without aggro, I wonder if they link? If we have to fight this, I think having a whm who is /smn pull would be a good idea. Summon carby, tag it, and run quickly to the little NW room. Carby is gonna die fast but the time it takes for carby to reach the chariot should be enough for the whm to get back far enough. (WHM would need the ability cell, though)

One final note about this place in general: STUN RAMPARTS REINFORCEMENT. This applies to this whole zone, and possibly others.

Also noted that killing just the chariot did not unlock the door. Possible you may have to clear the entire room to open the door.

Seventh Floor:
    http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8...mnants7my5.jpg

When you find something out, let me fucking know prz.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Great start Tyche! Can sure use this as a base reference, and work from there. Each area really is different, and should be seen differently. /agree

Damn thats lame, gotta skip alot of stuff considering the time you got. from what you said the 6th floor sounds really hard.
    Are there really 7 floors? i read on some JPs forums or rather a JP guy in my ls did that there are 6floors, dunno about that. that Chariot might just be the mega boss, thats alot of stuff if your going to ascend.
    Btw, so you killed 3rd and 4th Rampart on the 4th floor to go up a floor? this is where we got to, an hour ago and ran outta time.

We had a hard time with the 4th floor tonight (there's another thread posted). Basically, we engaged the first rampart first and the rest despawned and then we tele'ed up. Next, we did the same with the second and third and the same thing happened. Engaged the 4th and the rest depopped and we killed it right as time wore down. Do you think there's any specific one you're supposed to kill to get to the 5th floor??

Have you gotten any item drops besides the chip? (we haven't gotten any in two runs)

Do you recomment trying to clear the entire first floor or just some? Do you think we should split up our groups or just stay as one large group? Thanks for the help and great compilation of info there. (We're speculating that the megaboss is the only one that drops something worthwhile in this zone).

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Were speculating that there is one "trigger rampart" that opens the door. The second time we did the run, we engaged one and the rest depopped. After it was dead, we ported up. Third run, we engaged 3rd rampart one, none of them depopped. Then we went to 1st rampart, still no porter. Went through all 4 ramparts and all their summons before the porter opened up. Im guessing completely random.

yea we guessed it was random aswell. until when we ran back into the room the 1st rampart was missing.

speculated that there was an order for kill

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If there's a pattern, it's gonna take a few more runs to pick up on it. The way the 6th floor is, we'll probably be making numerous more runs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

you should try going the other way on the third floor next time tyche and kill the second rampart see if it's garunteed because we're 4/4 on that rampart >_> but anyways. leo you should read through that other salvage thread too if you want all the info from zhayolm

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

We took the north path the second time we did it...that also happens to be the one time that all of them depopped after a pull. I cannot, however, remember what rampart we pulled for the life of me. How'd the third floor go for you guys as far as drops? Still getting fucked up results like us? It's certainly worth a try, killing all four of the ramparts cost us probably 20 minutes between them and the pet marids that have a godly amount of HP. Seems totally feasable to reach the 6th floor with 30-45+ minutes left.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

nah 3rd floor gave us stats cells as per usual, we didn't get anything weird happen just took longer becuase we have less people and less powerful dd's usually go in with a 2-3 nins a thf and a monk D:. Resident pup has had work for past two days so the first floor been a bit sluggish. 30-45 min for 6th floor seems about right in ideal set up but man that fucking chariot took forever to kill for us ;| cost us like 15 mins if not more.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Dunno if it was from your LS, as i don't know what LS you are in, but someone in the other thread reported that they didn't get shit from the mamools on floor 3. Same happened to us a couple of runs ago. Maybe it was a bug and was fixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

nah wasn't ours but yea I remember you guys talking about that. You should bug slott and ask him which way we take, sounds dumb but it might be different on half the map from the other half. Oh and i'm in http://www.lunariansls.com/ \o\

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What body dropped?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Info about the ramparts on the fourth floor is wrong. Allow me to clear it up:

We've done this area 4 times now (zero drops total btw) and gotten to this floor everytime. When you pull a rampart, the other 3 depop right away regardless if its the right one or not. Killing this unlocks the porter. If you chose the right rampart, you're teleported up to the next floor. If you chose the wrong rampart, the teleporter sends you back to the begining of the SAME floor, with all the mobs repoped, and you have to try a different rampart.

This is how its worked everytime for us. The fourth rampart sent us up on the first try, I dont recall the rest of the results on the other runs.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I don't think you should go so far as to say it's wrong because I've already gave testament to the fact that on all our ls salvage runs none of them have depopped on us and any subsequent runs after our initial run, the second rampart was key to unlocking porter. Again, I'm just trying to stress the point that it could be because you take the North side and we take the South side or something stupid that gives us this difference.

Honestly, salvage hasn't been out that long there's no point in jumping to conclusions until we gather up more information across the servers. Going about it that this way has to be right just leads to more people getting caught by suprise. I mean isn't this the whole point of the thread? to share your information to help others? Even if you won't get to the boss maybe atleast your information will help someone else get to the boss and in turn they can provide you with information for next time.

Anyways I rambled for a bit there but yea it might be some different way we take instead. I'll try to pay more attention as to which way we go next time but we're not doing salvage again till after christmas, till then good luck to those who'll still be going after it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by aznmajiktaru
    I don't think you should go so far as to say it's wrong because I've already gave testament to the fact that on all our ls salvage runs none of them have depopped on us and any subsequent runs after our initial run, the second rampart was key to unlocking porter. Again, I'm just trying to stress the point that it could be because you take the North side and we take the South side or something stupid that gives us this difference.

Honestly, salvage hasn't been out that long there's no point in jumping to conclusions until we gather up more information across the servers. Going about it that this way has to be right just leads to more people getting caught by suprise. I mean isn't this the whole point of the thread? to share your information to help others? Even if you won't get to the boss maybe atleast your information will help someone else get to the boss and in turn they can provide you with information for next time.

Anyways I rambled for a bit there but yea it might be some different way we take instead. I'll try to pay more attention as to which way we go next time but we're not doing salvage again till after christmas, till then good luck to those who'll still be going after it.
    Youre right i should've mentioned that, slipped my mind.

We take the North Side, and thats how it works over there

We took the North side on lvl 3 last night, killed the rampart at G-7 and warped up to lvl 4 to H-7 (labeled 1 on your map). Next, we went west to G-8 and engaged the 1st rampart, the other 3 depopped, we tried to port up after it died but instead got sent back to the room labeled 1 on lvl 4. We did the same with rampart 2 and 3 and the same thing happened. Possibly rampart 4 is the way to go? If it's totally random like some ppl have been suggesting and you just have to get lucky and pick the right one, this this salvage is pretty retarded and I'm going to try to convince my LS not to do it anymore.

We've been taking a long time on the initial floors, do you guys feel drg's and pup's increase your killing rate greatly when you initially enter?? Have you been clearing the entire first floor or just going up after a designated few have weapons and magic or something?

Our LS was the one that reported no drops from the mamools on the third floor. We did a run prior to the update and it's possible they changed it. We did not kill any mamools on our second run. We've gotten no drops except for cells.

I think this salvage is lame.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

pups def increase the speed at which we clear the initial floors by a hellll lot because their maton is self sufficient and especially with that new ws with like 200-300 hp drain.

We don't usually clear the whole first floor because we're not exactly a large ls and we have to make do with the job selections we have; it's usually fully gear the essential tanks, dd, and mage. This sucks cause that's usually 8-10 people and then you'll have people sitting there that can't do anyhting aside from helping port up and that can't be helped with the way salvage is designed ;\. For what we have, we go at a decent pace but once one or two of the essential jobs are busy with shit and can't come, we stagger on the first floor longer and have to make sure we rush the next few floors.

I believe we take the opposite way of the way everyone else goes >_>. What sucks is everything is exactly symetrical so there's really no distinguishing feature I can remember to say for sure we went south(aside from getting our thf to post here since i'm usually in the back as a blm). It would help if another group went a different route than they usually took to see if south way is second rampart then zone up because that would save a lot of time.

Last thing is yea, this salvage is a real debbie downer lol. You get absolutely no drops then you get ss's like wafik's with his insane drops . I do hope people do keep doing it until someone beats it though because since this entire salvage has 0 drops(aside from zhayolm card) it should stand to reason that the boss might drop some uber shit ie rarer pieces for upgrade. I know it's hard to convince people to keep doing it too when they could do bhaflau and already 1/3 out of items needed but since it's (should be)tiered it should stand to reason that eventually people will have to do zhayolm as well ;x.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    We took the north path the second time we did it...that also happens to be the one time that all of them depopped after a pull. I cannot, however, remember what rampart we pulled for the life of me.
    FYI, it was the first rampart that time. Not sure if it really matters at this point.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Theres really no hard info on the floor involving the 4 ramparts. Each time we've done it, something different has happened. We've taken both routes and done both sets of ramparts. If it's a pattern, it's hard to pick up on, but yeah, i'm gonna hafta go ahead and suggest the north path and 2nd rampart until that fails someone.