+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How to: Steal Kirin/JoL from RMTs

http://kanican.livejournal.com/4284.html

So after being screwed over by RMT for a 3rd event night in a row because they keep hogging Kirin, I decided to use this little bug on them and steal their Kirin. This bug involves no third party tools - you can do this on a PS2. Unfortunately I actually had to give this Kirin back to the RMT due to some LS policies on stealing and RMT, but I hope others will use this to screw them over.

Basically SE poorly programmed the way pop NMs are claimed. If you see RMTs gathering for Kirin, JoL, or the other 3 jailers outside, have a member check the ??? and just stay there reading the text. When anyone (RMTs) pop the NM, the NM will claim to you 100% of the time and not the actual person that traded the item. This is a really old bug I think. It generally works on any pop NM where the ??? you trade to has multiple lines of text - aka you get locked in the text box and have to press enter a couple times to move again (and you will see that little down arrow in the text box). So this won't work on Byakko sadly.

SE isn't going to get rid of RMT - the problem is just too large to fix in the short-term; however, you can probably cheese some free Novio earrings at their expense using this.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol... wlegs anyone? =p

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I want to give birth to your children.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

going to sky brb

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

i want screenshots if anyone plans to do this lol, will be funny to see the chaos ensue and massive dead rmt.

E. Body
    BG Level

That's badass Kaeko. Your LJ is great too.

Allthough from what praise chili's had for you i wouldn't expect less lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow, that's awesome. I enjoy screwing with RMT but thus far it's been limited to mpking/cockblocking them in Wajaom. Time to step it up a notch :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This seems just ... /drool worthy!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's fucking awesome. Gonna remember that now >.>

Does this mean you can hold Dynamis zones by staying locked in the text box after trading glass? I never tested it...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wow...holy shit lol that's some dangerous info right there

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

this is old news...
    remember the "someone in my LS outside the main alliance was reading the text, and when we spawned kirin it went to him" ?? What do you think this is >.>

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I definately was not the person to figure it out. This is an extremely old bug from 2004 that just never got fixed. I believe there was a BG post obscurely referencing this as well a long time ago. I guess the info was lost or forgot about by most people for awhile. Before the RMT problem, the only thing you could potentially do with this was be an ass and cock block / steal Kirin from other LSs.

I think the biggest possibility is jacking JoLs for Novios at the RMTs' expense; but also just messing with them in general to the point where it affects their bottom line. I never considered my server to be all that bad as far as RMTs went. We didn't have the RMT with the W. Body (hi Asura) or anything crazy like that. But in the past few weeks, we've had 2 RMT KB claims + GM showing up and various other bullshit and it's just getting ridiculous.

Also, before everyone jumps ahead, I have not actually tried this specifically on JoL to date. I will as soon as the oppurtunity arises though. I think this is well worth testing as you can essentially waste a whole week of RMT farming by doing this. I figure the bug is within the way pop NMs are claimed so it should apply across all NMs. I'm sorry for posting misinformation if it turns out you can't do this on JoL, although I've fairly sure you can. Definatley works on Kirin though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hahah, very nice. This is to be tried

Don't think it's 'a solution' to the RMT problem though This is more like when you want a free Kirin or have fun, RMT won't leave or give up, ever.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

awesome! now delete this topic in case GMs read BG <_<;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

hahaha nice kae. never thought you'd post this.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ok, now watch it get fixed-- some perfectionist out there is reading this thread and will petition to S-E to fix... IS THAT PERSON YOU!? O_o

Nice find rly

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a certain part of the CS you have to be in? I afkd in the first line of text a few months back when RMT were popping a Kirin but he popped claimed to them

Edit: read LJ, I think I have to hit the ??? as they pop it or somethin

New Merits
    BG Level

Now we will see rival lses try to do it to each other, then a 9 hour server maint. to fix it. Thank you!!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

awesome bug.

Really answer to stopping rmt though, is to kill any idiot who keeps buying gil.