Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59

Thread: Salvage: Bhaflau Remnants     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Tried the MNK tanking method tonight since a few of our BLM were away for variuos reasons. Was gonna do Silver Sea instead, but decided to give this strat a try.

Wasn't really crazy about it myself, we ended up wiping at 35% although there were pretty much no problems until 50%. As I expected, after a Homing Missile it was virtually impossible to get hate back. Once Countersatnce + Boost + Chi Blast failed, there was pretty much nothing else we could do since he's already run off whacking someone else and we couldn't catch up to him to get some melee swings or WS in. Even when Counterstance was up, it's only once per 5 min, so when he was using HM more than once ever 5 minutes there was nothing we could really do except chase him around like an idiot while everyone else just got picked off one-by-one.
    Tell your retarded mages to stop moving so that the mnk can get hate back, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Only takes 1-2 hits to kill a mage, especially a taru. Since he's double attacking anyway, the result wouldn't have been much different, MNKs would have gotten hate back since everyone else in the hate queue would have died.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Only takes 1-2 hits to kill a mage, especially a taru. Since he's double attacking anyway, the result wouldn't have been much different, MNKs would have gotten hate back since everyone else in the hate queue would have died.
    He doesn't hit that hard, he takes a few hits to hit me down, just tell the taru to stand still so the mnks can get hate back. Works like a charm whenever any mage gets hate.

You can't cure them inbetween hits? With gear and pro4, they should only be taking ~200 per shot.

Other than that, I don't know what to say but stop taking bad monks / mages. We don't have problems with our monks retaining hate, 4/4 on killing the chariot with plenty of time to spare.

You can't cure them inbetween hits? With gear and pro4, they should only be taking ~200 per shot.

Other than that, I don't know what to say but stop taking bad monks / mages. We don't have problems with our monks retaining hate, 4/4 on killing the chariot with plenty of time to spare.
    The mages range from average to above average, the MNK is primo. We'll probably just go with the nuke/kite strat from now on, just wanted to give this one a try so that I could say I had. We normally can get up to 5 BLMs, but this time we only had 3. With BRD RDM WHM WHM BLM x5 it's a pretty trivial fight with the nuke/kite strat. On lower turnout days I'll just do Silver Sea or Arrapago.

Also probably just luck, but lately we've been getting 15-20 SJ and magic cells per run.

The mages range from average to above average, the MNK is primo.
    Yet he can't hold hate, and our monks (not just me) do fine. You have a weird definition of primo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurik
    After switching to mnk/nins and trimming down the number of people we took, we've never failed to kill the boss (4 for 4).
    Didn't some of those include at least one blm reraise zombie part? and one die unclaimed or something? Just seems to be a slightly false impression of how smooth this goes, or how easy it is.

Yet he can't hold hate, and our monks (not just me) do fine. You have a weird definition of primo.
    He can hold hate fine. Mob didn't turn once until he used Homing Missile, and then Counterstance+Boost+Focus+Dodge+Chi Blast didn't get hate back. I'm pretty sure he's limited by the same rules that you are in the game, so if there's something else that he could have done to get hate back let me know what it was. Not that it matters anyway, since there's no point using a strategy that I don't prefer over one that I do prefer.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

He can hold hate fine. Mob didn't turn once until he used Homing Missile, and then Counterstance+Boost+Focus+Dodge+Chi Blast didn't get hate back. I'm pretty sure he's limited by the same rules that you are in the game, so if there's something else that he could have done to get hate back let me know what it was. Not that it matters anyway, since there's no point using a strategy that I don't prefer over one that I do prefer.
    Did he smack it first before using those JAs? Because 0 hate x Abilities = 0 hat still.

Aurik usually WS's then uses the other JAs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurik
    After switching to mnk/nins and trimming down the number of people we took, we've never failed to kill the boss (4 for 4).
    Didn't some of those include at least one blm reraise zombie part? and one die unclaimed or something? Just seems to be a slightly false impression of how smooth this goes, or how easy it is.
    None of them had a BLM zombie fest, the first one had me call wipe when we got screwed a little with me holding it on RDM with Bio, that zombie was the one it died unclaimed, the next ones were fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Did he smack it first before using those JAs? Because 0 hate x Abilities = 0 hat still.

I can check the logs, but I think he may have Chi Blasted first since it had already run a little ways away. Anyway, there's no need for anyone to be defensive about the strategy, it obviously works fine for some ppl. I was just posting my results since I'd been told in this thread that I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

I can check the logs, but I think he may have Chi Blasted first since it had already run a little ways away. Anyway, there's no need for anyone to be defensive about the strategy, it obviously works fine for some ppl. I was just posting my results since I'd been told in this thread that I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it.
    PLD/NIN, MNK/NIN x2, WHM x2, RDM x2, BRD makes the strat a little easier because PLD can get hate back with a Flash and Sentinel.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, Divisor, you really need an emergency PLD or something for that strategy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I agree with Wizerd and Ryushii. We used the MNK tank method when we went after LBC for Jatayu's Morrigan Robe, but had Map go PLD. His only job was to spike hate if a Homing Missile went off and it worked like a charm the two times it did go off.

Setup was 2 MNK/NINs, PLD/NIN, and a random assortment of BLMs WHMs RDMs and a BRD.

Closed Thread
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59