Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've yet to see any AM ever get cast. Even with just a Ninja and a Monk meleeing, you should be able to interrupt half of the ga spells. And I'm pretty sure avoiding the qutrubs to start is a good idea. Chances are you'll get magic from the first lamia or two, making the fights much much easier. I'm not sure of the drop rates on the draugars compared to the qutrubs, but they die at least twice as fast.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2...ewahziljl3.png
    Duplicator nm, southwest room.

I'll post more about our run tomorrow. I'm exhausted.

OK, 6 of us tried Arrapgo last night. First run, we wiped in like 20 minutes, but we all had another Remnants Pass ready so we re-geared and re-entered. Second time we used a slightly different job layout and actually made some progress.

First Floor

First off, the "wing" mob distribution that Faranim posted is correct. We ended up killing a good chunk (maybe 60%?) of the mobs on the first floor, so we got a good idea of what they drop too.

NW Wing
    13 Qutrub -- Weapon/Head
    2 BLM Lamia (Graverobber) -- MP/Magic
    2 RNG Lamia (Dartist) -- JA/Ranged

SW Wing
    13 Qutrub -- Weapon/Head
    2 SMN Lamia (Dancer) -- MP/Magic
    2 COR Lamia (Fatedealer) -- JA/Ranged

SE
    13 Reserve Draugar (blm and drk) -- HP/Waist
    2 RDM Merrow (Shadowdancer) -- MP/Magic
    1 SAM Merrow (Kabukidancer) -- JA/Ranged
    1 COR Merrow (Icedancer) -- JA/Ranged

NE
    11 Reserve Draugar (blm, drk, drg) -- HP/Waist
    3 BRD Merrow (Chantress) -- JA/Ranged
    3 Gespent (Ghost) -- Ring/Vit

Our strategy was with 2 monks. More monks / pups is what you want here. You don't want too many people that need weapons; bring black mages / red mages instead. Having 1-2 bards is invaluable here since a lot of the mobs can't be slept with black magic.

- We immediately went after the RDM Merrows in the Southeast After we got magic and MP for our rdm, we went after the ability-dropping Merrow and got my abilities unlocked. We went to NE next, but I think it's better to go SW next.
    - Magic and WS eat Qutrub alive--once you have 2-3 magic and/or WS unlocked, start knocking them down and get weapons for your non-monk melee. It may take a few because the drop rate blows. Pick off the Lamia for more JA/magic unlocks.
    - With most of the melee able to contribute, pick off the Lamia in the NW. Don't bother with the Qutrub after most of your melees have weapons. Give the first head/neck to your rdm for enfeebling torque / grandiose chain.
    - Go back to the SE and just annhilate everything in your path. Hope for HP cell drops and good drops from the Lamia. Waist can go to mnks first and then rdm and anyone else with heirarch belt.

At some point the Rampart where the Sabotender comes from popped, but we chose to move up a floor and explore rather than fight him. We went up the southwest porter.

2nd floor

Once again, Faranim's "wing" analysis is correct:
    NW
    6 Qutrub
    1 BLM Lamia
    1 RNG Lamia

SW
    6 Qutrub
    1 SMN Lamia
    1 COR Lamia
    Dupe Socket - Vile Wahzil

SE
    6 Reserve Draugar
    1 BLM Merrow
    1 SAM Merrow
    Card Slot - Princess Pudding

NE
    4 Reserve Draugar
    2 Ghost
    2 BRD Merrow

We came up in the Southwest. Vile Wahzil, the dupe NM, was actually very hard. When he did the full dispel move, he was hitting me for 200+ and I didn't have counterstance up. He also casts ga3 spells--the first one killed the other 2 melee, as I was the only one with an HP cell. We nearly wiped, and by nearly I mean I had 20 hp left and nobody had any MP.

Once you are in a wing, you cannot get into any other wings. We cleared the room in its entirety, and then killed the Qiqirn Astrologer (2 feet cells, 3 int cells), and the doors to other wings were sealed. Thus, if you want to pop the Card Slot NM, you need to go up the southeast teleporter.

All the mobs here had the same cell drop pattern as the first floor.

3rd floor
    We went on the south path. The first room had Lamia + Qutrub x3. The second room had Lamia + Qutrub x3. The third room had Soulflayer x2. Soulflayer drop 1 magic 1 mp, 100% I think. Anyone that is still locked by magic can get unlocked here easily, as Soulflayers are not that hard.

The final "big" room had 2 Lamia and a Qutrub on the west side and a bunch of Soulflayers on the east side. Apparently Wafik saw the Treasure Hunter by the door, so the NM is either randomly placed North or South, or spawns when you open the door, as other people have reported him to be in the north.

Drops on the 3rd floor were the same as the previous 2 floors.

4th floor
    We were very short on time (<5 minutes) so all we had time to do was verify that the south-most room contains 6 soulflayers. We killed 1, and it dropped 1 MP 1 magic as usual.

Contrary to what wiki says, the floor actually looks like this:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/images/...remnants_4.jpg

Also forgot to mention, medicine is really key. Bring the following:

Prism Powder
    Sneak Oil
    Holy Water (for ghosts) <-- we got cursed for 20 minutes lol
    Hi-potions
    Hi-ethers (for mages)

We went mnk mnk thf rdm blm brd; As 6 I'd rather go mnk mnk nin rdm blm brd I think, because TH didn't seem to do jack. Adding more people, I'd want 1-2 more mnk, 1 whm, and a bunch of blms.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How many cells did you get from the lamia on the first floor? With no thief, we got about a 50% drop rate for 1 cell from them. I don't think we saw one drop 2 cells and we killed every one on the first floor.

The Quiqirin Treasure Hunter on the 3rd floor was literally next to the portal, after opening the door (North Side... never tried South). Once you engage, he'll run out of the portal room and into the large room laying mines as he goes. Considering there are 2 of them in the DAT, I don't see why it wouldn't also appear next to the South Portal.

As far as strategy/prep, here's what you'll want to bring:

1. Antidotes for Poison2
    2. Poison Pots for BLM Lamia
    3. Holy Water for Curse from Ghosts
    4. Oil/Prism (anyone who doesn't carry 12 of these everywhere must die, being a mage or NIN sub doesn't make you exempt from keeping these on you)
    5. As many Hi-Pots as you can possibly fit into your inventory. I probably used up around 25 hi-pots total as DRK. It's important that mage jobs also load up on pots and bazaar them for melees to use.
    6. Remedies for Paralyze if you're rich

Also (you probably edited this by now), the Card Slot NM is the Souteast wing. So that's the portal you want to use on the first floor if you've got a bunch of Bhaflau cards lying around (which most people do)

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    How many cells did you get from the lamia on the first floor? With no thief, we got about a 50% drop rate for 1 cell from them. I don't think we saw one drop 2 cells and we killed every one on the first floor.
    On our run (12 people, THF in each party) we saw several 2 cell drops, mostly 1 cell drops, and a couple of 0 cell drops.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Contrary to what wiki says, the floor actually looks like this:
    Yeah, ffxiatlas had maps 4 and 6 listed wrong so killingifrit and wiki copied their mistake. Atlas is corrected now but KI and wiki still need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    On our run (12 people, THF in each party) we saw several 2 cell drops, mostly 1 cell drops, and a couple of 0 cell drops.
    I edited my typo re: slot teleporter thanks for the correction.

With 1 thf in party, we got mostly 1-cell drop from the lamia with 1-2 double-drops. Drop rate on Qutrub/Bones was like 30%.

The reason why I'm prone to NOT take a thf is because if you get up to the 2nd-3rd floor, the drop rate is much better on MP/magic. At which point, your black mages will be doing all the dmg.

My strat for next time:
    - You won't have subjobs for a LONG time so a ninja main for blink tanking is helpful. Make sure they bring kura/hojo to generate initial hate.
    - Monks with counterstance also freaking own. Bring at least 2...3-4 would be even better.
    - Bard is a requirement
    - Red mage is a requirement
    - Kill the easy lamia for magic/abilities. First magic unlock to rdm for dispel + cures + sleep, second to bard for pulling, debuffs, sleep, dispel, then start unloading onto the blms.
    - Kill Qutrub for weapons for the few melees. Don't pull any after all the necessary weapons have been obtained; there will be more chances to get weapons on later floors.
    - Spend the rest of your time on floor 1 sniping lamia in the northwest and then run over everything in the southeast and teleport.
    - Clear the room with the card slot and 2 merrow / 6 bones for more magic/abilities/hp. Once you have full mp/magic unlocked, you can avoid the mage lamia. Same for abilities and nonmage lamia.
    - On the 3rd floor, go west-south if you still need magic/abilities, soulflayers drop them like candy.
    - East-north has Gespenst and Bones if you need HP, rings, etc. North half also has "special" monsters summoned from ramparts (Demonic Rose, Orobon) which may be for salvage armor drops.
    - You finally get subjobs on the 4th floor, off the gears. Don't bother going to the northmost or southmost rooms. Now your monk/nins can cotank. Things should die pretty quickly after that, and with less mp spent curing.

Forgive me if this is an noobish question, but your post was talking about Arrapago Remnants, then you posted a map of Zhayolm Remnants. Did I miss something or did you post the wrong map?

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Forgive me if this is an noobish question, but your post was talking about Arrapago Remnants, then you posted a map of Zhayolm Remnants. Did I miss something or did you post the wrong map?
    You missed something. I was pointing out that the structure on Wiki for floor4 is incorrect. The correct structure is the one used in that Zhayolm map. I'm just too lazy to find an unmarked version of it

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    You missed something. I was pointing out that the structure on Wiki for floor4 is incorrect. The correct structure is the one used in that Zhayolm map. I'm just too lazy to find an unmarked version of it
    Oh I get it :D

http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/maps_norma...remnants_4.jpg

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

All those big rooms had a bunch of soulflayers if I remember correctly.

Also I'd advise people not to touch the RNG lamia first, those things were hitting very hard and very accurately due to JT.

Killed the stupid pudding in SE room...

Edit: Photobucket is lame... let me fix the size.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...sPudding-1.png

This zone still sucks horribly. Lessons learned:

You don't get SJ until VERY late, so NEED at least 2-3 Healers, preferably WHM + RDM + 3rd. Only bring 1-2 BLMs, you won't get enough Magic cells for the others to be useful.

You have to spend way too much time on the lower floors unlocking stuff to have any chance of killing more than 1 NM here. The Pudding NM was incredibly close, as you can tell from the massive death and no MP. My Reraise had already worn off also... do those scrolls only last 30 minutes? Or did we really take an hour to get to the 2nd floor?

i thought reraise from item lasted 2hrs. Is it possible you got dispell (dispellga)?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    i thought reraise from item lasted 2hrs. Is it possible you got dispell (dispellga)?
    RR equip is 2hours, RR items (scroll+medicine) as well as the spell are 1hour.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Has anyone tried killing all of the mobs on the south side of the third floor? Since a poroggo madame spawns in Zhayolm when you clear all the mamools, it might make sense that it's the same deal here since the zones are mirror images of each other.

I think RR scroll is 1h, but dusty RR from chest in Salvage is only 30min. Also, pretty sure that at least the Silver Seas boss has a WS that does dispel, so might be that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Has anyone tried killing all of the mobs on the south side of the third floor? Since a poroggo madame spawns in Zhayolm when you clear all the mamools, it might make sense that it's the same deal here since the zones are mirror images of each other.
    There are no suspicious-named mobs in the right places in the DAT that suggest this is true. The only special-looking things are:
    Sabotender Maestro (1st floor)
    Qiqirn Astrologer (2nd floor)
    Qiqirn Treasure Hunter (3rd, 4th floors)
    Demonic Rose (4th floor North; spawned by Archaic Rampart)
    Orobon (5th floor South; spawned by Archaic Rampart)
    Qiqirn Treasure Hunter (6th floor)
    Vile Wahzil (Socket NM, 2nd floor)
    Princess Pudding (Slot NM, 2nd floor)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Did this for the first time instead of the usual Bhaflau.

Floor 1:

Cleared the first 3 rooms of the NW, SW and SE wing. Our RNG noticed that Archaic Rampart popped back at the start. The cactuar was tough as already noted. We did a Distortion SC to MB burst which took off close to 50% of its HP. My Blizzard 4 did 1079 and took off 20%, so it probably has close to 5000 HP. Drops were kind of disappointing:

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7894/sabock1.jpg

Floor 2:

Ported up on purpose from the SE room since that's where the slot supposedly is. We cleared the room and popped Princess Pudding. Dropped MP, Magic, Ability cells, and Hoshizaku Gi.

Floor 3:

Took the west path. Killed 2 rooms of Qutrubs and soulflayers. South room had lamias, Qutrubs, and soulflayers. Killed a bunch of mobs from there. Killed the Qiqirin and got 3 DEX cells.

Floor 4:

South was a room of 6 Soulflayers. RNG also said there were 6 gears and 2 archaic ramparts on scan. Killed 1 gear and got an arrapago card. Sorted it with 10 seconds left to spare in the zone.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast