Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Hate this zone. -_-

I think we determined that the Archaic Rampart on the 1st Floor pops when the Gespent in the SW Wing is killed (around F-10 I think). If it didn't pop immediately after we killed that, it did pop some time around then.

There are no gespenst in the SW. Do you mean NE?

You're probably right, but for some reason I was thinking it was in the SW because I thought to myself "wow, that seems really out of place." In retrospect, however, when I turned Windower to wireframe mode, I could target it shortly after we saw it on scan, so it had to be the NE quadrant.

I really need to take more notes when I'm doing Salvage half-awake. -_-

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Are there any fucking chests in this zone?

astrologer dropped one.

The Lamia can drop them randomly on the first floor as well. They were mostly useless for us last round though because they kept having Dusty Ethers and we got screwed on magic cell drops.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    The Lamia can drop them randomly on the first floor as well. They were mostly useless for us last round though because they kept having Dusty Ethers and we got screwed on magic cell drops.
    Don't forget the tons of Hermes Quenchers and Shepard Drinks. We were trying to figure out why they gave you so many Hermes Quenchers in the zone, and then someone in our linkshell figured it out.

"I think you're supposed to use them to run away from this zone"

I haven't done this zone, so forgive my ignorance here. What is the #1 difficulty? Is it

I) Not enough weapon cells
    II) Not enough magic cells
    III) Not enough SJ and ability cells
    IV) Other

Second question: Can Vile Wahzil be popped multiple times, or does the Socket disappear after you use it once?
    Third question: What happens if you trade more than one of the same cell to the Socket?

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Second question: Can Vile Wahzil be popped multiple times, or does the Socket disappear after you use it once?
    Third question: What happens if you trade more than one of the same cell to the Socket?
    assuming this socket works as bhaf one. disappears after trade, can trade up to 5 of the same cell to get 10 of the same cell back. Though in bhaf, the socket only has a chance to be up when you pick a side (east or west), is this socket guaranteed to be up SW all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    assuming this socket works as bhaf one. disappears after trade, can trade up to 5 of the same cell to get 10 of the same cell back. Though in bhaf, the socket only has a chance to be up when you pick a side (east or west), is this socket guaranteed to be up SW all the time?
    If this is true, then it seems like the best thing to do is take whichever cell is the hardest to get and most important (probably either Magic or Ability) and dupe as many as you can, not just 1. In other zones duping is not really necessary, but in this one it seems to be.

I haven't done this zone, so forgive my ignorance here. What is the #1 difficulty? Is it

I) Not enough weapon cells
    II) Not enough magic cells
    III) Not enough SJ and ability cells
    IV) Other
    Not enough cells period. On the first floor, you can usually get 1-3 Weapons quickly, along with 1-3 Magic and 1-3 Abilities. So that potentially ungimps 1-3 melee/tanks, and 1-3 mages. When you're doing Salvage with 12 people, only having 6 people with any abilities sucks. You have to spend far too much time on the first floor unlocking the basics (Weapons, Magic, Abilities, some HP/MP/Equips) to accomplish anything significant later.

SJ Cells don't drop from ANYTHING until Gears on the 4th (maybe 3rd? forgot already) floor. MAYBE they drop from the Cactuar NM, or a Quiqirin NM somewhere, but I doubt it. So you'll be SJ-less for a long time.

AFAIK all the Socket NMs can be spawned 5 times, potentially creating 5 "extra" cells. For This zone though, I think the Socket NM is a huge waste. He's on the 2nd floor, and you're usually far too gimp to even beat the NM. It's probably better to just skip the Socket and continue killing normal mobs for cells. You get more/better cells on the higher floors anyway, so you want to ungimp the core members and then start killing on the 2nd and 3rd floor for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by difisortheory
    Like anything else that involves Trading in FFXI, it'll choose 1 of the Cells at random (or maybe whatever is in the first slot) and return the rest to your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    Quote Originally Posted by difisortheory
    Like anything else that involves Trading in FFXI, it'll choose 1 of the Cells at random (or maybe whatever is in the first slot) and return the rest to your inventory.
    Doesn't fit with what the poster above said. Which person has actually confirmed it? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Alla poster
    Tried trading 3 Praecipitatio and 1 Opacus cell to socket on second floor of Bhaflau. The socket accepted 3 Praecipitatio, but the Opacus remained in my inventory. Killing Flux Flan yielded 6 Prae cells.
    Apparently you can trade multiple cells, but only of the same type. (link)

I think the biggest problem that you're going to run in to with cells here is saving (not using) enough cells to trade while still being strong enough to kill the Socket NM.

Tried trading 3 Praecipitatio and 1 Opacus cell to socket on second floor of Bhaflau. The socket accepted 3 Praecipitatio, but the Opacus remained in my inventory. Killing Flux Flan yielded 6 Prae cells.

I think the biggest problem that you're going to run in to with cells here is saving (not using) enough cells to trade while still being strong enough to kill the Socket NM.
    How many magic or ability cells could be expected by the time you got to this socket NM, assuming you didn't use any of them?

How many magic or ability cells could be expected by the time you got to this socket NM, assuming you didn't use any of them?
    Assuming you didn't use any of them? 2~4 of each type. Now the question that really matters is, could you make it to the NM and even kill it without using of any those cells? Ullikummi would have a better chance of spawning in Shrine of Ru'Avitau, then taking a stroll out to Ru'Aun Gardens and having s cup of tea with Despot under the beautiful rays of the afternoon sunshine before being voked by an RMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl

Assuming you didn't use any of them? 2~4 of each type. Now the question that really matters is, could you make it to the NM and even kill it without using of any those cells? Ullikummi would have a better chance of spawning in Shrine of Ru'Avitau, then taking a stroll out to Ru'Aun Gardens and having s cup of tea with Despot under the beautiful rays of the afternoon sunshine before being voked by an RMT.
    How much HP does it have? 4 MNKs hundred fisting with weapons and 1 WHM with magic unlocked (for Curaga) wouldn't be enough to take it down? For a potential gain of 3-4 free magic cells, seems worth it maybe?

Soulflayer NM is quite brutal in this zone. Did it with 6 and literally I had 15 hp and bio at the end of the fight :X Everyone else was either dead (melees) or out of mp (mages).

Did this zone last night with 8. mnk mnk nin nin rdm brd, rdm rdm.

Our goals were:
    1) test out my kill-order on the first floor
    2) explore the north side and floor 4+

First floor has already been mapped out. One thing to consider is we spent over 60 minutes on the first floor alone, unlocking a few abilities. We did most of the southeast wing, then pulled the merrows from the northeast, did a few qutrub and lamia from the southwest, then went up the southeast. We only managed 1 weapon unlock, which left our second ninja punching for the whole night. It took us almost half an hour for our first magic unlock because we got screwed on drops. Next time we go, I want to need less weapon unlocks and more mnk.

Second floor:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/5...mnants2br5.jpg

We went up the southeast but declined to pop the slot NM because it's already been done and we are there to find new info. Astrologer warped on us at 24%...but the run pattern was the same as last time. Astrologer aggros btw.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2...mnants3ky8.jpg

We went east, and skipped most of this floor, killing only the Merrow in each room.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8...mnants4ii9.jpg

Killed all 6 1gear and only got 1 SJ, /emo. Was hoping we'd get more so that our rdms could actually -na spell us rofl.

About the 2 ramparts, the Russulas were already popped when we entered the room. They aggro sound.

The north rampart didn't summon any monster--I'm not sure if it can't, or if it just didn't choose to. Used about 5 TP moves or so.

South rampart summoned a malboro who used exclusively Vampiric Lash, thank god. Killed it and got 3x feet cells.

Killed the Treasure Hunter on this level and got 3x DEX cells.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1...mnants5iu7.jpg

Didn't get a chance to kill anything on this floor, just ran through and took notes before dying / getting booted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl

How much HP does it have? 4 MNKs hundred fisting with weapons and 1 WHM with magic unlocked (for Curaga) wouldn't be enough to take it down? For a potential gain of 3-4 free magic cells, seems worth it maybe?
    Good luck getting 4 weapon unlocks AND 4 ability unlocks AND 4 magic unlocks on the entire first floor.

There has to be some sort of trick to this zone. It just doesn't feel right that it would be exponentially harder than every other zone without some mitigating factor.

I'll probably try it in the next week or so now that I'm starting to find more dedicated people interested in Salvage.

Have you tried a THF with TH3 (give him the first weapon cell)? Or maybe a PLD tank with JAs unlocked (sentinel/rampart for the socket NM) and some RNGs with RA unlocked so they can stay out of range of the socket NM while still damaging it.

If the problem is that there is very little of each type of cell, it seems most efficient to minimize competition for cells. 2 RNGs (primary damage from RA), maybe a THF (for TH3), 3 or 4 MNKs for initial DD, 2 BLM 1 WHM.

That way you're left with the least competition for cells. After you get your first weapon cell give it to the THF and farm for magic and JAs, making sure MNKs get JA before anyone else. After 2 magic cells (1BLM 1 WHM) farm for RA for your RNGS, and SJs (don't use them right away) and after the 3rd or 4th SJ fight the duplicator NM with all the MNKs using Hundred Fists and the WHM spamming Curaga, to clone all the SJ cells.

Or maybe the key is the Astrologer, has he ever been defeated?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There has to be some sort of trick to this zone. It just doesn't feel right that it would be exponentially harder than every other zone without some mitigating factor.

I'll probably try it in the next week or so now that I'm starting to find more dedicated people interested in Salvage.

Have you tried a THF with TH3 (give him the first weapon cell)? Or maybe a PLD tank with JAs unlocked (sentinel/rampart for the socket NM) and some RNGs with RA unlocked so they can stay out of range of the socket NM while still damaging it.

If the problem is that there is very little of each type of cell, it seems most efficient to minimize competition for cells. 2 RNGs (primary damage from RA), maybe a THF (for TH3), 3 or 4 MNKs for initial DD, 2 BLM 1 WHM.

That way you're left with the least competition for cells. After you get your first weapon cell give it to the THF and farm for magic and JAs, making sure MNKs get JA before anyone else. After 2 magic cells (1BLM 1 WHM) farm for RA for your RNGS, and SJs (don't use them right away) and after the 3rd or 4th SJ fight the duplicator NM with all the MNKs using Hundred Fists and the WHM spamming Curaga, to clone all the SJ cells.

Or maybe the key is the Astrologer, has he ever been defeated?
    If you blow all the Hundred Fists on the NM, what will you use to zerg down the chariot boss? Or is the Arrapago boss not a zerg fight like Silver Seas?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast