The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The tele you opened the door to the tele you came up at. Pretty much the half of the map.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yar, you just clear the 3 small rooms on either side so you have some space. Send somebody off to Bio the QQTH in the telepad room, while everyone waits to gank him near the entrance.

I recomment Feint if you want him dead before he runs back out into the big room again

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

According to Aurik, killing a random Lamia or Merrow pops the rampart on 1f with the sabotender. Since the wiki is down, is the rampart 100% on the cell drops? I remember reading that the Sabotender is, but if we can kill it fast w/o it popping (cause apparently the Sabo is super hard or has 3k needles or something like that) then do we still get super sweet drops from the rampart?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    According to Aurik, killing a random Lamia or Merrow pops the rampart on 1f with the sabotender. Since the wiki is down, is the rampart 100% on the cell drops? I remember reading that the Sabotender is, but if we can kill it fast w/o it popping (cause apparently the Sabo is super hard or has 3k needles or something like that) then do we still get super sweet drops from the rampart?
    Last time I tried to determine what popped it, it was indeed triggered by the death of an enemy, but I didn't pay attention to what type of enemy it was. I do remember that it was when almost exactly half of the enemies on the floor had been defeated. Can anyone disprove that?

Also, Hand cells on first floor = TH4. {Yes, please}

New Merits
    BG Level

When I read the theory about 50% of mobs on the wiki, I tried to pop it in the hopes of getting THF hands on the first floor. We cleared the entire NW, entire SE, and 3/4 of the mobs in SW then ran to where Rampart pops expecting it to be up but it wasn't.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think my group killed the Rampart on 1F 3 times, and it dropped cells every time. It usually crapped out the Sabotender around 30-40% iirc. And the Sabotender sucks because it's super accurate, hits for like 200 dmg, and TP moves like needleshot did over 1k. Which is pretty much going to one shot anyone except a monk with HP unlocked. Might not be that bad of an idea to kill the rampart with someone standing on the porter to the next floor, and when the Sabotender pops, have someone tag it and use a Hermes Quencher.

And I think it might have been killing a Gespenst that popped the rampart for my group on one run, but that might have just been the ranger being lazy about scanning. Other times it usually popped after killing a Lamia/Merrow. Don't really have that much data on it, because we've since shrugged it off as being unwise to mess with.

The Sabotender doesn't use 3k needles but it does use Needleshot for like 1k damage, not all that different from the big bhoot. Hits kinda hard (like 200ish, and double attacks), might not be a bad idea to have a NIN with magic or something.

Cells are not guaranteed off the rampart.

Sabo does use 1000 needles, hits for 200+, and needleshot which is one-shot potential. Drops junky cells. Not worth the time IMO.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like that strat of killing rampart then going right up. Will do that next Arra run if it's up. >:3

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So is the only spots the 3F QQTH stops at are the tele where he spawns > the tele where you enter the floor and > the tele where he spawns?

I have always cleared the 3 rooms and had ppl wait at the entrance to the big room whil i go pull him. Should they wait near the tele where we come up?

Quote Originally Posted by Prep
    So is the only spots the 3F QQTH stops at are the tele where he spawns > the tele where you enter the floor and > the tele where he spawns?

I have always cleared the 3 rooms and had ppl wait at the entrance to the big room whil i go pull him. Should they wait near the tele where we come up?
    We just clear the whole NE half of the map, then we don't have to worry about the Bhoots and Gespenst in the long room. Doing this still gives us time for 2F Astrologer, 4F TH, and 5F Chariot, but usually not 5F Astrologer.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prep

Yea he does this and goes back and forth. I leave a small force of mnk + healer at the tele up since he doesnt stay there as long and can pop the thing when he doesn't drop coat. When running to the tele you entered from he doesnt stop but he will when running to the teleporter up.

As far as killing 35s, we had 5mnks in our last run and killed 2f QQA, 3fSouth QQTH, 4fSouth QQTH and the 5fSouth Chariot with like 5m left over. Our group wants alot more Morrigan than Ares (especially since the top Ares person already got his) so we focus on the QQTH more then the other 35 nms.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As far as killing 35s, we had 5mnks in our last run and killed 2f QQA, 3fSouth QQTH, 4fSouth QQTH and the 5fSouth Chariot with like 5m left over. Our group wants alot more Morrigan than Ares (especially since the top Ares person already got his) so we focus on the QQTH more then the other 35 nms.
    Has your group had any 35 Morrigan Bodies drop yet?

Thus for my group has never gotten any 35 drops off QQTH, QQA, or Chariot -.- Arrapago really lurvs us.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu
    Has your group had any 35 Morrigan Bodies drop yet?

Thus for my group has never gotten any 35 drops off QQTH, QQA, or Chariot -.- Arrapago really lurvs us.
    Negative. 0/18 on QQTH.

Did a double-header arrapago tonight:
    First with 9 people (mnk x4, blm, rdm, whm, brd, thf)
    Second with 7 (mnk x2, blm, rdm, whm, brd, thf)

0/2 on floor2 qqa
    1/2!!! on floor3 qqth -- we've figured out how to kill him without too much time spent.
    0/2 on floor4 qqth
    1/1!!! on floor4 bhoot -- we're now maxed on his lv35 drop
    0/1 on floor4 soulflayer
    0/2 on floor5 qqa
    2/2!!! on floor5 chariot -- enlil kolluks, maxing us on his lv35 drop, and our 2nd hikazu hakama

After 17 runs which gave us 4 35s, tonight netted us another 4. Amazing!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys suck, we only have 2 35s after 11 runs.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    0/2 on floor2 qqa
    1/2!!! on floor3 qqth -- we've figured out how to kill him without too much time spent.
    0/2 on floor4 qqth
    0/1 on floor4 qqth
    0/2 on floor4 qqa
    2/2!!! on floor5 chariot -- enlil kolluks, maxing us on his lv35 drop, and our 2nd hikazu hakama
    Do you mean floor4 psycheflayer and floor5 QQA?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    0/2 on floor2 qqa
    0/2 on floor4 qqth
    0/1 on floor4 qqth
    0/2 on floor4 qqa
    Do you mean floor4 psycheflayer and floor5 QQA?
    Yar, that must be a typo, i'll fix it with my awesome mod super powers.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did a double-header arrapago tonight:
    First with 9 people (mnk x4, blm, rdm, whm, brd, thf)
    Second with 7 (mnk x2, blm, rdm, whm, brd, thf)

0/2 on floor2 qqa
    0/2 on floor4 qqth
    0/1 on floor4 soulflayer
    0/2 on floor5 qqa

After 17 runs which gave us 4 35s, tonight netted us another 4. Amazing!
    Obviously me not being present is the key to drops.

/emo

Did Waffles get the Macha's?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

yes, today silver sea, saturday dual LBC where we can get not one, but FOUR phobos masks.