Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Oh yeah, and we were also able to confirm the door-unlocking status of 3rd Floor East too. You only need to kill the non-moving Rampart to unlock the door.

We killed 1 moving Rampart first and the door remained locked. We killed the non-moving Rampart second and the door unlocked.

Two questions, the first is which was the non-moving third floor rampart for you guys (and for you, aurik, before)? For us when we did it a few runs ago it was the NW one (closest to where you enter on the left). Would be nice if it was fixed or based on which way you ported up instead of random (we'd ported up from the SW that run, I think).

The second is regarding Citidel Chelonian. You said you fought the gears and ramparts at the teleporter, but I imagine doing that would slow down your pulling if the gear-train wandered into the north side while you were killing. Would it be possible to have someone train the entire room south and die, while 4 people grab the ramparts and sleep them at the teleporter? How much HP do they have, would you get overrun by reinforcements?

NW and SW rampart on 2 consecutive runs on the same path (Southwest)

For several runs in a row, we ported up on the NW side, and on the 2 runs where we killed the Ramparts going that path, we observed the fixed rampart on the NE and SW sides.

Regarding the Citadel Chelonian Ramparts, that is basically what we did: we suicided, except we only pulled 2 at a time instead of all 4. The patrolling gears follow an exact path and will use exactly the same timing each time, so it is not difficult to keep track of them at all times in order to avoid them. We got a few sleep resists on the Ramparts, but that was probably because our mages were fairly poorly equipped. I doubt a well-equipped RDM would have much trouble keeping them slept. I don't think that you would have any major issues if you pulled all 4 at once as long as you have at least 2 competent and well-equipped sleepers.

I'm fairly certain that Reinforcements on those Ramparts is purely TP-based, so regardless of how many you have sitting around, you should only have to deal with summons from one of them at once. With our group, we found that they were able to get 1 summon off each on the average. One of ours summoned 2 of them, and one didn't summon any. Based on what I've seen with other Ramparts, I would imagine that the most summons that you could ever have up from a single one of these Ramparts is 3 (the lizard, the raptor, and the eft).

Edit: err, don't rely on Fanatics Drinks like I said ... we got like 5 easily last time, but in all the chest pops this time, we only got 1.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

ok, so lets try finding the missing pieces for this zone. I know most of this is going to be known information, but this time instead of working forwards, try working backwards.

Here are the NM's, or close to NM's in the dats (removed Deadpan Devilet and Gakke):
    Hammerblow Majanun popped by clearing fomor in a room, not 100% drop on Usukane lv35 head.
    Dekka pops after Deadpan Devilet is killed, drops Skadi lv15 feet 100% and Marduk lv35 feet sometimes.
    Powderkeg Yanadahn popped by clearing fomor in a room. Drops Usukane lv15 legs 100% and occasionally Morrigan lv35 legs.
    Gyroscopic Gear popped by clearing all Archaic Gear in a room. Drops Marduk lv15 hands 100% and occasionally Skadi lv35 hands.
    Don Poroggo Slot NM. Drops lv15 Morrigan and Ares body, 100% on both or 50/50 since its the only Slot NM that drops 2 ?
    Gyroscopic Gears popped by clearing 4 Archaic Gear and 4 Archaic Gears in a room, always drops lv15 Ares head.
    Citadel Chelonian pops as a reinforcement from a certain Archaic Rampart. drops lv15 Morrigan Head, 100% or not ?
    Long-Armed Chariot LV25 armors

Here are the still unknown drops for this area:
    Ares lv35 Legs - Deimos Cuisses
    Usukane lv35 body - Hikazu Hara-Ate

Now, most of these NM's drop two pieces of gear. 100% on a lv15 piece, and occasionally drops a lv35 piece, OF THE SAME SLOT. Salvage is a game of patterns...Dekka drops 15 and 35 feet, Powderkeg drops 15 legs and 35 legs, Gyro Gear drops hands.
    Of course, my pattern theory gets shot with the two unknown pieces (Ares 35 legs, Usukane 35 body), bastards

I believe Gyro Gears has a 35 drop (seeing as how most other NM's have two drops), and I'd put my money on Ares lv35 legs, Ares+Ares. I really dont know where Usukane Body would drop from, unless Hammerblow drops it as well (Usukane x2), although if Morrigan lv15 head from CC is 100%, then its very well possible that Usukane Body drops from this NM as its rare drop, since Head and Body armors are tied together in the patterns.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Don Poroggo Slot NM. Drops lv15 Morrigan and Ares body, 100% on both or 50/50 since its the only Slot NM that drops 2 ?
    I'd say 100% on both from our experience, or maybe we've been lucky.

Morrigan lv15 head - Nemains Crown (only speculated I believe)
    From the previous page:

http://www.tarupanic.com/sykes/misc/nemainscrown.jpg

:wink:

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Morrigan lv15 head - Nemains Crown (only speculated I believe)
    From the previous page:

http://www.tarupanic.com/sykes/misc/nemainscrown.jpg

:wink:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/templ.../icon_edit.gif
    Time for me to make good use of it

Yea the last 2 nms drop those 35 pieces in some order. I think the turtle would drop the body as body pieces are usually rarer and harder to get.

Still waiting confirmation from someone clearing the enyo mask nm.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fought LaC again today without trying a whole lot different, but noticed some different behavior from him.

Most importantly I guess, i'm fairly sure he can only use brainjack if the tank is in front of him, just like LBC and homing missiles. I tanked on his side and he never used it at all until he adjusted to face me. The problem is, as soon as he adjusted to face me, he would use it consecutively charming 4 people or so. It's almost like he builds up a number of charms over time or something, because he was not able to use it for a while, then he lets it all out as soon as he has a target in front of him. It also seemed harder to stay on his side than LBC.. not sure why this was, possibly because I was Nin/war and hate was shaky...

Also, at one point I was kiting him and he attempted brainjack and I got a "too far away" message, but right after he attempted again and charmed me..

Really wish we could get a working strategy down for this guy and begin working on another zone..

Has anyone killed this yet? haven't really been following the tread.

This was our first attempt at boss and it was DAMN close. I don't think we would have won if we didn't get lucky on the cell drops.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...2/LACDrops.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8.../LACDrops2.png

PT Setup was...

PLD PLD RDM WHM BLM BLM
    BLM BLM WAR (this WAR only helped for first floor, it was a mule)
    DRK MNK RNG RNG WHM BRD

Opened on boss with full zerg. One tank used invincible, Souleater + 2HR Kraken, etc. Charmga around 80% of his HP, maybe it was 75%? Shadowbind was used during charm. Then it was mostly a kite fest with BLM and RNG dealing damage. At the end we did a final attack with a Souleater Kraken. Killed with 2 minutes left, raised very quickly and passed/lotted.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How hard is the poroggo slot nm here? Anyone have some info on it?

Charmga from the NM is annoying (make sure you have DoTs on it to prevent Regen if it nabs everyone it has hate on). It hits pretty hard, and Water Bomb sucks, but all that said, it's really not difficult at all to deal with.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Charmga from the NM is annoying (make sure you have DoTs on it to prevent Regen if it nabs everyone it has hate on). It hits pretty hard, and Water Bomb sucks, but all that said, it's really not difficult at all to deal with.
    Ok cool. I got a card and Im gonna get a few more and pop it a few times. I'm just afraid of charmga/rape.

Does the charmga wear off at the same time or is it staggered? Like if everyone gets charmed can you all just go back to fighting it with dot on so it doesnt regen? Or does everyone slowly get uncharmed/fucked in the butt?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Did the Slot NM ever use Charmga on us? I think we only fought it once or twice, but I thought it used single target charm. The Poroggo Madames in Zhayolm certainly used Charmga and that happened to us a couple times. I could be mistaken though, we haven't fought Don Poroggo in a while but I never thought it was all that hard.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sci
    Did the Slot NM ever use Charmga on us? I think we only fought it once or twice, but I thought it used single target charm. The Poroggo Madames in Zhayolm certainly used Charmga and that happened to us a couple times. I could be mistaken though, we haven't fought Don Poroggo in a while but I never thought it was all that hard.
    Wow that's awesome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Ok cool. I got a card and Im gonna get a few more and pop it a few times. I'm just afraid of charmga/rape.
    I'm pretty sure you already know this, but you can only pop the Slot NMs once per run. It would be awfully nice if we could do 4 cards in one run though =\

I only did Don Poroggo once but it was very easy. The harder part is actually getting to the Slot, since you have to kill a bunch of gears and the perma-flee Imp NM first.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As I think was mentioned before, if you take the east route on the first floor, the final room with 8 fomors seem to have a static loot pool. They all drop 5 cells, 3 of one type and 2 of another. You will always see 3 magic and 3 abilities from this room. On the second floor, if you head SW (no locked doors) I believe the heraldic imps might have a static loot pool as well. If this is the case, we will know exactly what to expect and by farming only those mobs and bringing an alliance to support that, we can arrive at the boss with close to an hour remaining and hopefully enough time to gaurantee a win.. This way a win of the zone won't be so dependant on luck of cell drops..

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    As I think was mentioned before, if you take the east route on the first floor, the final room with 8 fomors seem to have a static loot pool. They all drop 5 cells, 3 of one type and 2 of another. You will always see 3 magic and 3 abilities from this room. On the second floor, if you head SW (no locked doors) I believe the heraldic imps might have a static loot pool as well. If this is the case, we will know exactly what to expect and by farming only those mobs and bringing an alliance to support that, we can arrive at the boss with close to an hour remaining and hopefully enough time to gaurantee a win.. This way a win of the zone won't be so dependant on luck of cell drops..
    After doing this zone twice on the East Path, I can confirm that they are fixed drops in the final room on the first floor.

One of the MNK Fomors (well, it uses Hand to Hand) is the one that drops 3x Magic. Need to map out which ones drop what cells so you can pull them in the best order. I don't remember what all the items are, but I think it's something like:

3xMagic/2xStatOrEquip (MNK)
    3xAbility/2xStatOrEquip
    3xWeapon/2xStatOrEquip
    3xSJ/2xStatOrEquip
    3xHP/2xStatOrEquip
    3xMP/2xStatOrEquip
    3xRanged/2xStatOrEquip
    3x???/2xStatOrEquip

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

3x???/2xStatOrEquip
    Pretty sure this one is body, though I could be wrong because I never really paid attention to specific drops from each.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast