Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Damage on the two bosses seemed about equal, but I've only fought the LAC once and not a serious attempt.

Also
    http://f31.aaa.livedoor.jp/~airforce/sa ... t_sil.html
    Now lists the lvl35 Skadi feet as a drop from Dekka. Has anyone seen it drop this? It just seems odd to me that they would make the lvl35 piece a rare drop from a NM whose common drop is the same lvl15 piece. All that's going to lead to is people throwing away lots of the common drop because you'll always have an excess no matter what you do.

Dekka drops the lv35 enlils feet around maybe like 50%? Not sure, but we've gotten 2/5 on them, 100% on the lv.15. As far as lv35 skadi...i really really doubt that Dekka would drop 3 different pieces.....but I won't say its not true...need confirmation

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah we went and killed it last night for our 3rd time I think, and we've still only seen the lvl15 Skadi feet drop. It just really seems unlikely.

Tried to gank the boss tonight with SAM/RNG x2 and RNG/WAR. We screwed up on the dotting tho so we had to abandon.

9382 dmg took it to 81%, leading to my earlier conclusion of 50,000HP.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bah I guess I was really off on the HP estimate. We never had a parser or anything like that. The DoTing part is alot hard than it sounds =/

Third floor East room has 4 Gear, 4 Gears, and 4 Ramparts. Killing the 4 gears (possibly the 4 gear too, as we had incidentally killed them all before killing the gears) pops Gyroscopic Gears, which drops Enyo's Mask.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9...yosmask8bl.jpg

Killing him doesn't unlock the doors though; it didn't open until we'd killed the 4 ramparts as well. Unknown if simply killing the Ramparts will suffice.

The fourth floor east path is mis-marked in the JP blog linked a few posts up. We encountered a big room with a ton of Gears and a Chariot in the middle, then a room with 6 gear in two 'parties' (think goblins in movapolis). No Ramparts anywhere to be seen. There's like 3 rooms of 4 chests when you first port up, but didn't really get a chance to peruse what's inside them since we were running low on time.

I updated the NPC list with the known drops from each NM (although I made the presumption that Long-Armed Chariot will drop all the Lv25 pieces, even though only some have been confirmed), and included the list of presumed drops that Aurik has posted elsewhere. This was done with the idea that a group who wanted to target a certain piece could find not only the name of the NM that dropped it but also the floor and path by referring to this thread.

One quick question, the wiki has Gyroscopic Gears dropping Freya's Hands, but I was hoping someone could confirm that it was Gyroscopic Gears (3-gear NM, 3rd floor east room) and not Gyroscopic Gear (1-gear NM, 3rd floor north room) before I added it to the post.

My gut feeling on the "unattributed" drops:

Freya's Gloves (Skadi 35 hands) is listed as a drop from Gyroscopic 3Gears on Wiki. I suggest that it's a rare drop, whereas the lv15 piece is 100%.

Nemain's Crown (Morrigan 15 head) - Citadel Chelonian (the only undiscovered NM) should be 100% drop on this.

Deimos' Leggings (Ares 35 legs)
    Macha's Slops (Morrigan 35 legs)
    Hikazu Hara-Ate (Usukane 35 body)
    - Rare drops off of Citadel Chelonian, Gyroscopic Gear, and Powderkeg Yanadahn, in some order.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Freya's Gloves (Skadi 35 hands) is listed as a drop from Gyroscopic 3Gears on Wiki. I suggest that it's a rare drop, whereas the lv15 piece is 100%.
    Yeah, the only thing is that with the number of places that have already confused Gyroscopic Gears and Gyroscopic Gear with respect to Enyo's Mask and Anu's Gages, I was hoping someone would confirm the drop before I added it.

New Merits
    BG Level

does LAC also have a resistance to stun like LBC?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I ran this with a JP group and I can confirm that Gyroscopic Gear drops both Freya’s Gloves and Anu’s Gages at the same time (it did during my run).

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos
    I ran this with a JP group and I can confirm that Gyroscopic Gear drops both Freya’s Gloves and Anu’s Gages at the same time (it did during my run).
    Thanks, glad I asked now haha

Sagacious Sundi

So single Gyro drops the gloves and not triple? Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    As I wrote before, based on the number of times people have screwed up the 100% drops (Enyo's Mask and Anu's Gages), I'm betting it's only one and not the other.

Aurik probably has the right idea, five non-body Lv15 drops, six Lv35 drops, six NMs, five of which drop a Lv15 piece 100% of the time and chance drop of a Lv35 piece, another with a chance drop of a Lv35 piece only (Hammerblow).

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    As I wrote before, based on the number of times people have screwed up the 100% drops (Enyo's Mask and Anu's Gages), I'm betting it's only one and not the other.

Aurik probably has the right idea, five non-body Lv15 drops, six Lv35 drops, six NMs, five of which drop a Lv15 piece 100% of the time and chance drop of a Lv35 piece, another with a chance drop of a Lv35 piece only (Hammerblow).
    That's why I was asking, if it was both the balance would have been messed up. Thanks for confirming.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    Just won with 9 members. Dropped Ea's Brais x2.

EDIT: Posted an entry about the run. The basics were we went with... MNK MNK NIN BRD RDM BLM RNG RNG RNG. The main source of damage on the boss were the 3 RNGs. The key difference in our attempt from others was that we had no intention of killing it in 1 rush. We simply did what we could, had 2 members sac it with bio2 and poison2 to prevent HP recovery, then went back 5 minutes later for another damage rush. Pretty brutally efficient with 3 RNG/WARs.

Also the reason you cannot sleep anyone charmed by Brainjack is it's also 4hp/tick DoT in addition to charm.

http://kanican.livejournal.com/4934.html
    Nice info. Just a few questions:

I'm assuming that the RNGs went all out with their attack (slug > barrage > ees etc) in succession. I'm curious as to how they stayed alive in all of this especially while zerked and no shadows. HP cells were very limited (I think we only got 1).

Did you just have people cure bomb and have them die/rr along with the RNGs? Or I was thinking you could possibly setup a Shadowbind order of sorts.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

RNGs used blink bands as well as a shadowbind order. BLM and RDM cure bombed during initial gank but not all that much needed. I think Charm actually interrupts the combo, not dying. MNKs went in for 2hr after that wipe. BRD only buffs and stays in the back. Definatley would not take /NIN and make sure the RNGs get subjob cell as it completely gimps damage otherwise.

We were able to get HP cells for all the RNGs. I think we were very lucky to do so as the drop rates are really random and pretty sparse in general. The biggest hurdle to this zone is that adding more members just hurts the cell distribution even more as we had trouble getting enough for 3 RNGs (everyone else we were ok with being naked really).

Has anyone else won this >.< ? I only know of 2 other groups - the one by Aircommand with 18 and another JP group on my server with 14. I'd really be interested in seeing more info. We have not attempted this zone since winning - it's a total pain from the very beginning to the boss.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Actually can anyone tell me how Penance works (the Merit thing on MNK that inhibits TP gain on Chi Blast)? Is this like a partial TP thing or will it fully inhibit TP gain? I ask this because it would make the ganking strategy MUCH more effective if it's full TP reduction and prevention. 1 Barrage is essentially enough to give a boss 100TP so it spams like mad when using RNG gank.

Any MNKs know how it works?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    Actually can anyone tell me how Penance works (the Merit thing on MNK that inhibits TP gain on Chi Blast)? Is this like a partial TP thing or will it fully inhibit TP gain? I ask this because it would make the ganking strategy MUCH more effective if it's full TP reduction and prevention. 1 Barrage is essentially enough to give a boss 100TP so it spams like mad when using RNG gank.

Any MNKs know how it works?
    You're asking how the ability works? It reduces tp gain by 25%, it doesnt stop them from using tp moves.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bah thanks

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast