FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Salvage: Silver Sea Remnants

Silver Sea info here, nothing else plzzz

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

To get this started, I'll copy paste the relevant info from the general salvage thread:

Early Findings:

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    Did Silver Sea path. Seems when you pick one route, the other route closes up. Ashu Talif Crew on the first floor, each dropped 3-5 unlock items. Second floor more Crew with more HP and a couple Imps. It seems you might be able to just sneak past the Crew with sneak/silent oil but I didn't confirm that myself. Third floor has Archaic Gears and an NM Imp named Devilet who flee- and teleport-hacks. Unlike the other floors, it doesn't seem like you can train past them, as there was a door or something on the other end that it wouldn't open for one of our alliance members. We're speculating that Devilet is the boss for that floor or something. We weren't able to find out however, as we had massive Gear aggro and timed out lol.

I don't know if the other zones are like this, but it seemed like it might have been better to go with a small group of 6-10. Will take longer to kill at first, but everyone gets ungimped faster, and there's less confusion about what to do and what to lot, etc. I'd say if you have 6-10 trusted, skilled friends just go with them instead of inviting random shouters to beef up your ally. We went with 15, all from my LS or someone's friend, and it was still pretty hectic and difficult to coordinate.

Edit: Oh nobody else has mentioned the breakdown of restoral items:

HP, MP, STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, INT, MND, CHR, Subjobs, Spells, Job Abilities, Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Head/Neck, Earrings/Rings, Body, Hands, Waist/Back, Legs/Feet
    Silver Sea route again, this time with 6 people, NIN MNK MNK BLM RDM BRD. Got everyone fairly unlocked by the end of the first floor, and by the end of the 2nd floor we were only missing like 1-2 equip slots/attributes each. Gained a better understanding of the first room of the third floor. There are Archaic Gear in the middle, some roaming around the perimeter of the room, and the blue Imp, Devilet, as I mentioned in my last post. You can pull the ones at the perimeter easily, then pull Devilet, it'll warp off every 10% HP or so, and when it does, occasionally some of the gears in the middle will move off to the perimeter where they are easier to pull.

Killing all the gear in the room pops Gyroscopic Gear, who dropped this

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7467/anuhandskv4.jpg

Then we moved to the next room, which had several Archaic Gear, as well as Archaic Gears (plural, as there are 3 of them fused together, they're in one of the images from the POL announcement). And an Archaic Rampart, that used a move called "Reinforcements" spawning first a Garm (undead dog) and then a Haunt. We had about 10 seconds left after we killed it.

I wonder if these follow a pattern of clear a room > pop an NM > drops the armor like what happened with our Anu's Gages. In case the paths you can take are different, for reference we took the east path on the first floor and the northeast path on the second floor.

Edit: Oh and also, we skipped the last room on the first floor by having our BRD, Delekii, sneak through, and something odd happened, here is his picture:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../crewaggro.jpg

Edit 2: Sorry for all the edits, but I totally forgot. Two of the regular Archaic Gear in that first room of the third floor dropped a "Silver Sea Card" Ex but not Rare. No clue what it's for.

A lot of pictures from our Silver Seas run

I'm guessing the entire Archaic family of mobs is resistant to Thunder. Fighting Archaic Gear and Gears yesterday with most of my equipment unlocked I got one T4 off for full damage (1k) the rest were resisted out of maybe a half-dozen or so nukes. Blizzard seemed to have little trouble landing for full. Not enough really to say anything conclusive in itself, though, but figured I'd mention it.

There was an NM that popped in the second-to-last room of the first floor if you take the west path. There's a room with maybe 7 crew all standing together in the middle. They all link when pulled so I just sacced them a few times because there's nothing else for a BLM without magic to do lol. When you clear them all he pops. Nothing dropped from him for us.

The very last room, (one before the portal, same no matter which path you take), has a ton of fomor that repop but we usually just sneak past them after our first run because they didn't have a 100% drop rate on cells. Never saw an NM in that room, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    what captain? weve done silver seas 3-4 times and never noticed a captain in what I assume is the respawning room?

Sorry for the shitty map, I was drawing it quickly during our last salvage while nothing drop rate. I also realized too late I should have noted the jobs and not simply the fact they are fomor, so it's useless, cause its the only thing you will fight there >_>. Anyway, captain popped for us in this room.
    http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/519/ ... ts1qq9.jpg

I think its name was "Hammerblow Majanun" after looking at the .dat, but I might be wrong.

All the fomor in that room have very low hp, about the same as the first ashu talif bc (700-1000?). We pulled 3-4. I pull another, and 3-4 come, which isnt a problem....followed by everything else in the room. I cant tell you how many we killed, but a good amount before wiping after our mage got hate and died.

I think a blm could wipe about 10-15 at time with thundaga. As for drop rate, it's 50% on 1 chip, but thats not bad considering they die almost instantly
    How odd.. ive been in that room twice personally taking the east route that you marked down, and that captain wasnt there either time O_O Going by suirams post on the prior page, he hasnt seen it either and he has gone into that room atleast 4 times so far. I wonder what you are doing differently. We have been killing every mob on the floor apart from the fomor in that last room, but would have noticed an NM in there. The first time we did it, we even kill all the fomor in that room atleast once, before we realised they were respawning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Did you kill stuff in that room, or skipped them? Is it possible it popped when they all linked?
    The first time we killed stuff, we didnt know what was happening. All the mobs in that room would have died once though more than likely.

The second time we sneak/invised past them, which is how I know the captain wasnt there. I collected the whole room, as you can see in this screenshot: http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/ ... waggro.jpg
    They follow you around like apkallo with sneak/invis on, but dont aggro.

Edit: I just had a thought... if you gathered all the crew with a sneak/invis'ed person and had 2 blms thundaga3 them, they would definately all die at once.. if that is the way to pop the captain, its probably the easiest way

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    The first time we did the Silver Sea Remnant, we took the west route and there was a room with 7 crew lined up. We had soemone kite them around the room and we pulled the crew off one by one. When #7 died, a NM popped. I think it was the same NM, I dont have a SS of the name so I dont remember for sure. When we got to that big room we started killing the crew and more waves just kept on spawning so we sent someone across to the porter.

We tried the east side last night. Room with 8 didnt pop anything and the person we sent across the big room didnt say anything about a NM.
    Maybe it's only one side, giving you an option to fight NM or avoid it. I'm thinking there are different mobs/NMs and such depending on the route you take. Hence people seeing different things and what not.

We are gonna try to take a RNG tonite and widescan the area, see if anything up and what not. I'll see if one of those rooms is 8 and one is 7. I would assume the missing 8th in the one room is the NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Well, I can confirm that different paths hold different things in Silver Sea Remnants on the 2nd floor since
    I know the SW path on the 2nd floor just had fomors while the NW path had two demon NMs, one which
    dropped like 10 cells and the other which has dropped 1-2 pieces of armor, also...both these NMs take
    several minutes to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai
    Welp, we got crap drops off mobs so our run sucked, by the time we got any magic or abilities we had wasted too much time. Our RNG gimped out on us last min too so couldn't widescan areas.

Found Deapan Devilet on second floor tho, NW corner in Silver Sea. Got it to 21% before wipe cause of crappy cell drops previously.

Couple details that we confimed.

Silver Sea First Floor

West NM Fomor Captain after killing 7 Fomor in second to last room.
    East No NM, 8 Fomor in second to last room. (before repop room)

Silver Sea Second floor.

NE Formor + Imps
    NW Deadpan Devilt (Imp NM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina
    Silver Seas boss spammed Charm on us -_- Didn't need TP to use the move, just kept using it til we were all dead or charmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Well, today my group got to the Silver Sea Remnants Boss for the first time.

Setup was: NIN,WAR,MNKx3,THF,BLM,RDM,BRDx2,WHM

Its name is Long-Armed Chariot and spams Charm as mentioned in one of the earlier posts. We started
    the fight with only 7 minutes left so we opened with 2 mnks hundred fisting and me chain nuking and
    got it to about 70% before I grabbed hate and then it promptly charmed me and the mages which left a couple
    melee dead but not too bad off, our 4th mnk who was weak when we started then jumped in and hundred fisted
    and then was promptly charmed and raped a few mages before was uncharmed...then him a remaining war
    duoed until about 44% and we were kicked.

All and all he wasn't that strong...one AoE move that did like 200-300ish dmg was the only real threat...but the constant
    charming is what makes him difficult....here's a couple screenies of the fight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...223_011157.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...223_011324.png

Going to post an NPC list like people are doing in the other threads. This is the order they appear in the .dats, however I took listings of consecutive mobs and condensed them into one line and indicated how many there were. I think I'll also attempt to subdivide them by what floor they appear on, based on my own experience and the anecdotal accounts of other groups I've spoke with or who have posted. Eventually perhaps subdivide them even further by which path in a given floor they appear. This may be inaccurate at first but I'll amend it when necissary.

FIRST FLOOR EAST
    Ashu Talif Crew x21

FIRST FLOOR WEST
    Ashu Talif Crew x23
    Hammerblow Majanun -- (Hikazu Kabuto)

FIRST FLOOR MIDDLE
    Ashu Talif Crew x16

SECOND FLOOR NE
    Heraldic Imp x4
    Ashu Talif Crew x16

SECOND FLOOR NW
    Deadpan Devilet
    Dekka -- (Njord's Ledelsens, Enil's Crackows)
    Gakke -- Socket NM

SECOND FLOOR SE
    Devilet x4
    Ashu Talif Crew x16
    Powderkeg Yanadahn -- (Hoshikazu Hakama)

SECOND FLOOR SW
    Heraldic Imp x4
    Ashu Talif Crew x16

THIRD FLOOR SOUTH
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Gear x2
    Archaic Gears x2

THIRD FLOOR NORTH
    Devilet
    Archaic Gear x8
    Gyroscopic Gear -- (Anu's Gages, Freya's Gloves)
    Don Poroggo -- Slot NM, Zhayolm Card (Enyo's Breastplate, Nemain's Robe)

THIRD FLOOR WEST
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Gear x4
    Archaic Gears x4

THIRD FLOOR EAST
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Guard Skeleton
    Archaic Rampart
    Haunt
    Garm
    Doom Mage
    Archaic Gear x4
    Archaic Gears x4
    Gyroscopic Gears -- (Enyo's Mask)

FOURTH FLOOR WEST
    Archaic Gear x2
    Archaic Gears x2
    Archaic Gear x2
    Archaic Gears x2
    Archaic Chariot
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Gear x2
    Archaic Gears x2
    Archaic Gear x2
    Archaic Gears x2

FOURTH FLOOR EAST
    Archaic Gear x6
    Archaic Gears x10
    Archaic Chariot
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Night Eft
    Sand Lizard
    Deinonychus
    Archaic Rampart
    Citadel Chelonian -- (???)

FIFTH FLOOR
    Long-Armed Chariot -- (Phobos's Gauntlets, Bodb's Cuffs, Ea's Brais, Tsukikaku Sune-Ate, Freyr's Mask, Freyr's Jerkin)

OTHER
    Armoury Crate x17
    Socket
    Slot

Presumed but Undiscovered Drops
    Nemain's Crown
    Deimos's Leggings
    Macha's Slops
    Hikazu Hara-Ate

(List of total presumed drops due to Aurik)

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Pretty sure this is how it stacks by Direction. Might be wrong on some numbers, didn't really count the big groups.

First Floor East

Ashu Talif Crew x20

First Floor West

Ashu Talif Crew x24
    Hammerblow Majanun (pops in last room on this side after 7 Crew in room die)

First Floor Final Room
    Ashu Talif Crew x16 (Easier then others, die in couple hits but all link together and repop in room after killed)

Second Floor NW

Deadpan Devilet (only thing we saw in the room, maybe someting else spawns after it dies?)

Second Floor NE (not 100% on numbers but guessing, killed 2 Imps and about 8 Crew before heading up, so not sure of repops on clear room. Do not have to kill anything to open door btw. First time we just ran by and went up.)

Ashu Tailf Crew x16
    Heraldic Imp x4

Third Floor NE

Archaic Gear x8 (Gryoscopic Gear pops after cleared? We only killed 5-6 and tried Imp before time ran out)
    Devilet (Moves at flee/pos hack speed. Runs away every 10% of life. Does not regen after running away.)

Might be wrong on some things, correct me if I am. Hope it helps some.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Second Floor SW

Ashu Talif Crew x16
    Devilet x4

The exit door seemed to open when all 4 Devilet were killed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The Haunts, Garms, and Skeletons are summoned by the Archaic Ramparts. Even after you pull/engage a Rampart it will summon them so it can get messy if you dont kill fast.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik
    The Haunts, Garms, and Skeletons are summoned by the Archaic Ramparts. Even after you pull/engage a Rampart it will summon them so it can get messy if you dont kill fast.
    What Floor/Room were these in?

The Ramparts with undead summons are on the 3rd floor east and west rooms. The ones in the east they are not pre-summoned, the ones in the west they are. The door to the portal to the east is sealed by a mysterious force, and there is a Slot there. The door to the west is clear to be trained to if you choose.

I updated the list, but I left the 3rd and 4th floor section as-is for now because I'm unsure whether the list starts with the west room or the east room of the third floor. I'm pretty sure the room described by Judai as "3rd floor NE" should be called 3rd floor North (I think both NE and NW portals from the 4th floor lead here). As for the first floor west path, I remember there was one crew in the first room, then four rooms of four crew, then the room of seven with the NM, so I marked it as 24 for west, which leaves 20 for east.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ok, like I said wasn't positive on numbers for Crew. East side rooms were 1,1,2,2,2,2,2,8 now that I remember. 20 total.

On the Second Floor NE side we ran past all the mobs first time and the door opened fine. Not sure you have to kill anything to open the doors on that floor. The second time we killed like 2 Imps and 4-6 Crew and ran past after.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Second Floor NW

Deadpan Devilet (only thing we saw in the room, maybe someting else spawns after it dies?)
    After my group killed this we noticed a second imp in the room. IIRC it was Dekke. It seemed to have permenant Hundred Fists active. We teleported to the third floor after it ate both of our tanks.

Third Floor NE

Archaic Gear x8 (Gryoscopic Gear pops after cleared? We only killed 5-6 and tried Imp before time ran out)
    Gyroscopic Gear did indeed spawn after we cleared all the original gears on the floor.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Hammerblow droppes NOTHING for us... fcking jipped. Yes, we have a THF.

Second Floor SE room has 16 Crew and 4 Devilet nobody mentioned. Devilet linked with Crew and ate us.

Yeah, Dekka attacks very fast, but our NIN tank has never died too him while tanking him. I dunno how you guys handle drops but we give the first of everything the tank needs but magic (tank gets 2nd one)so that dmg taken is low (followed by 1 melee) and that way you have a solid tank for anything you come across.

We pretty much upgrade one member at a time since that simply will speed us up the most. (Ex. giving haste+5% head to someone with weapons or someone w/o weapons)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Yea, we upgrade our tanks first. Both our tanks were pretty set, PLD/NIN and PLD/WAR. I was PLD/NIN and tanking everything pretty easily.

Question about 1st floor, room with 7 Crew where Hammerblow pops, how do people pull/fight that room? Sac? Kite adds?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

this zone - i don't know if we got extremely unlucky, or we just sucked. Didn't get weapons so we had epic battles with fomors, lasting 5mins or so each. Didn't even unlock anything useful either, (west route btw).

Only till we got to the room with the 7 linking fomors, they dropped useful crap. Were we meant to go there first? Everything was kinda tough. Muuuuuch harder than in Bhaflau.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Nope, actually the drops on Fomors are totally random. On one run we got magic and a weapon on the first 2 kills, on another one we have to kill like 10 of them before getting our first magic cell.

And yeah it's much harder than Bhaflau.

Yeah I believe it's random on both paths, however, the west path is probably better for two reasons, the first being that there are 4 more Ashu Talif Crew on that side, meaning more chances to get the cells you are lacking, and because of the NM that pops in that room of 7 when they all die, who has never dropped anything for us but who dropped armor for someone else according to the "Salvage rare/ex drops" thread. One time we went through the entire east path and got our first magic cell on the second-to-last mob, in case you were thinking that route might be better.

Also, I don't know if the cell-drop patterns of the other zones means you can bring a wider variety of jobs without problems, but after doing a few Silver Seas runs the general consensus was never to go with less than 4 native H2H users (NIN+2MNK+THF, or NIN+WAR+MNK+THF, etc), everyone brings hi pots and a few au laits, and there are i think 16 chests on the west path, most with 1-2 potions and 1-2 milks, so you can clear the first floor in a decent amount of time that way, even if you get unlucky on cells.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yeah I believe it's random on both paths, however, the west path is probably better for two reasons, the first being that there are 4 more Ashu Talif Crew on that side, meaning more chances to get the cells you are lacking, and because of the NM that pops in that room of 7 when they all die, who has never dropped anything for us but who dropped armor for someone else according to the "Salvage rare/ex drops" thread. One time we went through the entire east path and got our first magic cell on the second-to-last mob, in case you were thinking that route might be better.

Also, I don't know if the cell-drop patterns of the other zones means you can bring a wider variety of jobs without problems, but after doing a few Silver Seas runs the general consensus was never to go with less than 4 native H2H users (NIN+2MNK+THF, or NIN+WAR+MNK+THF, etc), everyone brings hi pots and a few au laits, and there are i think 16 chests on the west path, most with 1-2 potions and 1-2 milks, so you can clear the first floor in a decent amount of time that way, even if you get unlucky on cells.
    We had extremely bad luck with that, we had 4 native users, but the monster that dropped weapons and magic were the the ones in the room (the one with 7 fomors).

I just feel sorry for one dude in my LS, we all were saying how fun salvaged was (bhaflau) and we decided to do this for a change of pace, and he basically vowed never to do it again, lol .

Today's run felt very lolcop, but im glad to see that it was just bad luck on randomized drops. We'll wait that one out for later though, finish bhaflau first.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My LS has been doing silver sea since salvage came out and we came to the conclusion that taking the east route is the most effective way to pass the first floor. The major difference between east and west floor is the 2nd to last room. On west, there's 6 Hard fomors that will link unless you sac each pull and a NM that pops after those 6 are killed. These 6 will drop 3 of one cell and 2 random cells, the 3 cells that drop are magic, abilities, weapons and some others that arent as important as those 3. To sac pull each one is just very time consuming and the NM has never dropped anything. East route on the other hand, has 8 fomors that has the same loot table as the other 6 hard fomors but they are spaced far enough apart that you will be able to pull them one by one safely.

We have successfully reached the boss several times and have taken him down to 30% but his mass charming always rapes us... anyone know if you can disable his charm? On our next run, we are going to try the "Kill Gears to weaken boss" theory and see how that one goes.

I might agree with you except someone posted in the other thread that they got a drop off the NM, and I can tell you from experience that it's actually not very difficult to sac pull. If someone who's seen a drop is reading here, maybe they can post a screenshot of it. The times we've done this, I've just made sure to lot a head/neck cell in advance (for RR2 lol), then run in and aggro, die in the corner, raise up, repeat a few times. When there's 2-4 left you can just have everyone rush the remaining ones, depending on how many melee you have, and how many have HP unlocked. Last time I think our NIN tanked a RNG and RDM while everyone else killed another RDM, then moved to the NIN's mobs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I might agree with you except someone posted in the other thread that they got a drop off the NM, and I can tell you from experience that it's actually not very difficult to sac pull. If someone who's seen a drop is reading here, maybe they can post a screenshot of it. The times we've done this, I've just made sure to lot a head/neck cell in advance (for RR2 lol), then run in and aggro, die in the corner, raise up, repeat a few times. When there's 2-4 left you can just have everyone rush the remaining ones, depending on how many melee you have, and how many have HP unlocked. Last time I think our NIN tanked a RNG and RDM while everyone else killed another RDM, then moved to the NIN's mobs.
    Yes, we've done the exact same thing but in the end, you lose out on time. There's 2 more fomors on the other side that drops 5 cells each. It helps the progression alot for the later floors and make killing shit faster while you move up to the boss. If you are going for item drop only then I guess you can go west route > dekka > gearNM but time will probably end shortly after the fleeing imp dies.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast