BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Empathy

Does anyone know if the drg group 2 merit JA Empathy gives the same buffs upon multiple uses or skips over the ones it has?

For example, if you have pro/shell/berserk/haste, 2 levels of empthy and you use it once. Your drg gets pro/shell. Now if you use it another time does it get pro/shell again or would it skip over the buffs it has and give berserk/haste?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I believe it skips until a buff wears.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It skips, yeah.

I have Empathy Maxed. it's actually really amazing in burn parties. When I reach roughly 200k total damage, my wyvern his around 25-30k damage.

Haste + Zerk + Minuet on Wyvern adds about 5-9 damage per hit, combined with Double Attack trait from Wyrm Mail, she hits harder than THFs per hit (Not that she attacks faster) and most NIN.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tornfleshofsoul
    I have Empathy Maxed. it's actually really amazing in burn parties. When I reach roughly 200k total damage, my wyvern his around 25-30k damage.

Haste + Zerk + Minuet on Wyvern adds about 5-9 damage per hit, combined with Double Attack trait from Wyrm Mail, she hits harder than THFs per hit (Not that she attacks faster) and most NIN.
    You use wyrm mail? O.o
    I wouldnt think that wyvern double attack would be worth losing some of the perks of other equip for the body slot.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Coren

You use wyrm mail? O.o
    I wouldnt think that wyvern double attack would be worth losing some of the perks of other equip for the body slot.
    /equip Wyrm mail
    /summon Wyvern
    /equip another body peice

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have always wondered about Wyrm mail... if there are more Dragoons wearing it or Mannequins that get to wear it. I know my Mannequin likes hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

You use wyrm mail? O.o
    /equip Wyrm mail
    /summon Wyvern
    You positive you only need to use it upon summoning and it stays?

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

You use wyrm mail? O.o
    /equip Wyrm mail
    /summon Wyvern
    You positive you only need to use it upon summoning and it stays?
    Absolutely true. If it weren't, it wouldn't even be worth lotting except as a solo piece.

You only need to wear it when summoning. Your wyvern will receive double attack. I'm not sure if it's the same with AF1/AF1+1 hands for accuracy. I use AF1+1 for TP anyways.

I have Dusk+1 hands, but since I'm not sure of the accuracy bonus I use AF1+1 for now until I can get a consistant parse. STR/Dex+5 ain't bad imo for hands. Attk +12 from Tarrasque+1 doesn't quite measure up if you're elvaan. Lack of dex ftl ; ;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure about the Empathy thing but, Wyrm Mail doesn't always give your wyvern double attack. From what I can tell it's a random job trait. And yes, all you need to do is equip it for summoning, then equip the usual body piece. The trait will stick with your wyvern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanami
    Not sure about the Empathy thing but, Wyrm Mail doesn't always give your wyvern double attack. From what I can tell it's a random job trait. And yes, all you need to do is equip it for summoning, then equip the usual body piece. The trait will stick with your wyvern.
    I've always had it give double attack, just sometimes it almost never procs. Hard to notice, but I'm fairly sure it's 100% Double Attack.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

You also need to wear it if you're zoning with the wyvern. If you call it and zone, it looses all it's traits again.

I really only get to play my DRG in merits, but it's still fun to out-parse Well geared NINs, Well geared WARs, etc. (mamool or Mire) Salvage makes me happy in the pants when my wyvern enters and does 35-60 dmg a hit off the bat, with Double Attack from outside summoning.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Also if you zone, I think you lose all the buffs you gave your wyvern through Empathy. ;x

Finally, if you're drg/nin, use Utsusemi:Ni, lose 2 shadows to a mob, then use Empathy, your wyvern will only get 1 shadow, not 3. While that may seem obvious, I wasn't sure and wanted to make sure one time.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think it does a copy of your buffs from left to right on your icon bar with the copy amount on each Spirit Link depending on how many Empathy merits you have. Certain ones, like stoneskin, are kinda crappy when your Wyvern isn't @ 100%TP because you murder your own stoneskin when Spirit Linking. Weird ones like Flee will copy over if you have Empathy while Spirit Linking.

The Wyvern Haste and Refresh wear messages will show up on the WHM or RDM chatlog if you've copied them over with Empathy.

[removed broken link]

Empathy - Souleater Transfer

The really interesting one for Ballista and Besieged players is a Giant's Drink Empathy copy.

[removed broken link]

Try this out in Ballista, it's fucking annoying. I did a Body Boost/Giant's Drink transfer and I'm guestimating my Wyvern had near 3000HP. I estimate that it's base HP is somewhere near 1000HP (can be modified by +HP% armor pieces) based on the damage my Wyvern took in this shot. Wyvern max HP has an effect on Healing Breath, so you can actually get it to the point where the heals are very potent and horribly annoying.

Wyvern Max HP = Healing Breath factor
    Wyvern Current HP = Offensive Breath factor (think Radiant Breath)

[removed broken link]

Deep Breathing Maximum, no 2AF Helm and no +HP% Wyvern Mods

I can only pop an offensive breath to around 360 with my regular Wyvern HP at 100% using Deep breathing and no 2AF Helm. I'm pretty sure you can make the Wyvern go toasty if you utilized the 2AF Helm to bump it up a tier in effectiveness, Empathy copied a Body Boost/Giant's Drink, and set up Deep Breathing (3 minute window) for the next breath attack.

speaking of JSM2 you know that big gap between 50 and 75 that Drg gets no JA or JT outside of it sub? Don't you think it be nice if they added in Strafe maybe at 70? maybe one or two more spots on the list?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

is their any possible way to stack af1 and 2 helmet effects like you can with healing, but for offencive attacks? I've always wondered but I can't think of a logical way to work it, like HB is.

maybe drachen wait 1 WS wyrm might do it?

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    is their any possible way to stack af1 and 2 helmet effects like you can with healing, but for offencive attacks? I've always wondered but I can't think of a logical way to work it, like HB is.
    You'd probably just have to WS in the AF1 hat. :/ Then switch quickly before it fires.