Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DA job trait     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DA job trait

Past threads on other forums, or any other linkable information proving that DA trait merits DO NOT activate o DO activate as /war. Is there any numbers or discussions anywhere withh information that doesnt just settle on the "look at all other traits/abilites" argument.

Discussion came up in the LS and I want to see numbers. Im convinced that you can't but someone else is convinced otherwise after his parcing results show him getting so many more swings as nin/war and mnk/war. He isn't saying "this is the facts" Hes just trying to explain why he seems to get very noticable amount more swings then someone else. So he came up with this theory. Of course its easily debunked by showing how every other Job exclusive merit doesn't work in this way. But its also easier to prove it others don't work. Hence Im looking for any DA evidence threads or info.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Job Specific merits all vanish at lvl 74.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya i know, lol thats not the point of the thread XD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

he's saying he gets more swings as mnk/war or nin/war over his war/nin ??

mnk/nin using destroyers:
    300+48 base delay
    12+5+5% Haste (BB, Turban, Byakko)
    348 * .78 = 271.44 delay (I hope this calculation is right)

nin/war using Senji/Unji:
    428 delay pre-DW
    DW Traits+Suppa = 35% reduction = 278.2 delay
    5+5+3+2+4 Haste (Turban, Byakko, Dusk Hands, Feet, Swift Belt) = 225.342 delay (I hope again this is right, can go lower w/ AF body)

war/nin using woods/joyeuse (I assume this is the best TP gain option short of ridill):
    512 base delay pre-DW
    DW Traits+Suppa = 20% reduction = 409.6 delay
    5+5+3+2+4 Haste (Turban, Byakko, Dusk Hands, Feet, Swift Belt) = 331.776 delay (If the other two are right, this should be right too!)

I hope that answers your question.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He has NIN and MNK at 75. Hes convinced something is up becuase his parser results show so many more swings over other players with similar gear/merits/ of the same job in PTs.

Its not just some stupid claim either, this is all he does, exp. hes just entertaining an idea.

So he is saying that his double attack kicks in more on his NIN/WAR than another NIN/WAR without WAR specific job merits?

I seriously, seriously doubt it. I can almost remember it specifically saying that the job catagories do not carry over, and only work when the job is 75. If DA merits worked they would be the only example of such a merit to do so.

If this were true, my cure cast merits should carry over to my Bard, Summoner and Red Mage, no? That'd be serious fast cast business, but I doubt it works like that.

Job-specific ability and trait merits are only active when that job is at 75. So you can merit the crap out of Elemental Seal as 75 Black Mage, but not get any reduction as a job subbing that. Also, unless I'm very much mistaken, lolwarcry merits do nothing on jobs other than 75 Warrior.

It would be very strange if Double Attack was any different to the other meritable abilities. Then again, the other commonly-merited multiple attack traits, kicks and triple attacks, aren't available from subjob.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Couldn't agree more, and he also understands the same concept. We just want proof so we can eliinate some reasons he blows people out of the water.

edit: the most obvious reason, I told him, was that players very well could be lying about their merits. (Assuming they said they have the same)

Old Merits
    BG Level

Only way to test for sure is to find a parser that can accurately and reliably parse Double Attack % and test it for an extended period.

The Merit Moogle says that job specific merits apply only to the jobs their on, however anything aside from the aforementioned test is just "I think" or "well this merit acts this way."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

10% is still 10%. If I do 500 swings in 5 minutes or 1000 swings in 5 minutes 10% of those swings would DA, I will see more accounts of double attack with 1000 because 10% of 1000 > 10% of 500.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We plan on just comparing double attack %s of two characters by hitting the same amount of rounds on high HP mob, w/ no melee gear. One character having /war (With lvl 75 merits) and another /war with 0 merits (like me, my war is only 37)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Im convinced that you can't but someone else is convinced otherwise after his parcing results show him getting so many more swings as nin/war and mnk/war.
    Could be just him getting to the mob first.

If you are the one calling the shot on choosing which mob is next, you do have that advantage of having the first few shots before everyone else.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its a bigger gap them that he thinks. That very thing came up.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Berserk recast doesn't carry over to any other job, why in gods name would he think that DA merits, from the same category from the same job, are any different? Find a different theory, from the sounds of it he's already convinced, and no matter what the data is he's going to interpret it to favor what he wants it to.

I exp a lot as well, and parse and save just about every PT. I'm pretty sure it's just in his head and it's all about the attack speed.

NIN and MNK do tend to get a lot more swings then even Ridill WARs with haste builds, sometimes by large gaps. In addition, NIN and WAR tend to just flat out double attack more often because of how much faster they swing (by that I mean like, 10% of 1000 attacks is larger than 10% of 500 attacks).

It's just attack speed creating the illusion of having a higher DA percent.

EDIT: Example parse just to illustrate how big the difference in total # of swings can be.
    http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7...vthfwartx8.jpg

Looking at the M.Ht/Ms (amount of hits/misses), the WAR/NIN using Man/Joy with 2 DA merits and Brutal has a total of 1119 swings, while me as a NIN/WAR using a Brutal had a total of 2485 swings.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It's just the attack speed, and it makes sense. If you swing a LOT more, there's the possibility of simply double attacking more. Not because the double attack rate is higher, but because there's more opportunities for it to happen.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    I exp a lot as well, and parse and save just about every PT. I'm pretty sure it's just in his head and it's all about the attack speed.

NIN and MNK do tend to get a lot more swings then even Ridill WARs with haste builds, sometimes by large gaps. In addition, NIN and WAR tend to just flat out double attack more often because of how much faster they swing (by that I mean like, 10% of 1000 attacks is larger than 10% of 500 attacks).

It's just attack speed creating the illusion of having a higher DA percent.

EDIT: Example parse just to illustrate how big the difference in total # of swings can be.
    http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7...vthfwartx8.jpg

Looking at the M.Ht/Ms (amount of hits/misses), the WAR/NIN using Man/Joy with 2 DA merits and Brutal has a total of 1119 swings, while me as a NIN/WAR using a Brutal had a total of 2485 swings.
    i stopped looking at 49%

job specific merits do not travel to other jobs even if you sub then, i tested this with sharpshot recast on rng. put one merit in recast did shapshot as rng was 4:50, switched back to nin/rng did sharp shot recast was 5:00

If your outdamaging the war by over 21%... imo that has to be a pretty gimp war.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Coldone
    If your outdamaging the war by over 21%... imo that has to be a pretty gimp war.
    Rukenshin out damages everyone by over 20%. (Even on Puppetmaster)