+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Animal Telepathy     submit to reddit submit to twitter

sounds like a great experiment to me, lol so many uncontrolled variables it sounds like

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Actually psionics and stuff might not be impossible thanks to something called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement. Basically two particles can be connected over any distance, and the state of one will depend on the state of the other.

Also, there have been other experiments with results that can't be explained by any scientific theory. Here's one I remember: a psychic and a normal woman put their hands next to a vial of bacteria and chemicals that kill the bacteria. The psychic tries to make the bacteria survive by "praying" for them, and the other person just empties her mind. 50% of the bacteria in the psychic's vial survived, and 2% of the ones in the other vial survived.

Your brain dont have any control of the quantum entanglement, and thing is a bit more complex than you make it sound. Actually, there is no way it could be used for telepathy.

In the link you just posted (did you even read it, or just thought it sounded cool >_>)
    Observations on entangled states naively appear to conflict with the property of Einsteinian relativity that information cannot be transferred faster than the speed of light. Although two entangled systems appear to interact across large spatial separations, no useful information can be transmitted in this way, so causality cannot be violated through entanglement. This is the statement of no communication theorem.

Although no information can be transmitted through entanglement alone, it is possible to transmit information using a set of entangled states used in conjunction with a classical information channel. This process is known as quantum teleportation. Despite its name, quantum teleportation cannot be used to transmit information faster than light, because a classical information channel is required.
    Like I said, body has no sensor to read/emit electromagnetic or particle. Dream about it if you want, it's just not possible to use anything other than our 5 senses, and it will never be. Unless we somehow mutate and grow 2 antenna on top of our head.

If you believe the experiment you just mentioned, you're an idiot. I'm not trying to offend you, but this thing is a) not believable (ie: whoever made the test doesnt have the skill to execute it) b) it doesnt have any basis, or give a logical explanation c) there is probably a ton of uncontrolled factor that might have changed the result, assuming the test isnt completly made up

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I did read the link. And I knew what entanglement was before that as well. I understand that it cannot violate the speed of light, and that we have no means of using it to transmit useful information in the first place. On the other hand, the brain doesn't "control" the input from its sensory nerves either. It just interprets the information that appears.

Now I didn't claim to understand quantum physics any better than that article did. And as I said, that psychic experiment was probably made up anyway.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    I did read the link. And I knew what entanglement was before that as well. I understand that it cannot violate the speed of light, and that we have no means of using it to transmit useful information in the first place. On the other hand, the brain doesn't "control" the input from its sensory nerves either. It just interprets the information that appears.
    I dont think I said anything different. What I'm saying is that our body has tools to use those communication mean, and we know them. Even if the last 90% of the brain were used to control awesome power, you wont have the tool to use it, transmit it or receive it.

Now I didn't claim to understand quantum physics any better than that article did. And as I said, that psychic experiment was probably made up anyway.
    "probably made up"? >_> More like "totally made up". We live in a world, under some particular physicals law, and certain stuff just won't happen.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The special is still on, geez this is going on for a long time but it's all so interesting! They had a story of a woman who had a dog who kept sniffing around at her ankles at a mole. She eventually, after 6 months had the mole checked and it turned out to be a malignant tumor. Stories like hers began to turn up more frequently. So they did an experiment in which they had 6 samples of human tissue, 1 of which was cancerous. The dogs were rewarded for finding the cancerous samples and can "sense" cancer.... so unreal.
    Maybe cancer smells like ass?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    The special is still on, geez this is going on for a long time but it's all so interesting! They had a story of a woman who had a dog who kept sniffing around at her ankles at a mole. She eventually, after 6 months had the mole checked and it turned out to be a malignant tumor. Stories like hers began to turn up more frequently. So they did an experiment in which they had 6 samples of human tissue, 1 of which was cancerous. The dogs were rewarded for finding the cancerous samples and can "sense" cancer.... so unreal.
    Maybe cancer smells like ass?
    lol that would explain alot.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    There's also the whole bit about how Humans are currently only capable of using 10% of their brains, the people we usually refer to as being geniuses were found to use about 16-18% of theirs. Maybe if we evolve someday and are capable of using more of our brains, then we would be able to do telepathy as well, because speaking is a crappy means of communication.
    I think people only use 10% of their hearts.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios
    There's also the whole bit about how Humans are currently only capable of using 10% of their brains, the people we usually refer to as being geniuses were found to use about 16-18% of theirs. Maybe if we evolve someday and are capable of using more of our brains, then we would be able to do telepathy as well, because speaking is a crappy means of communication.

Oh goodness! Is that win I smell?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

They also had a scientist who had spent 45 years of her life with a monkey and stuff so they had a good bond. Then she would go to this certain wildlife preserve and this one monkey, who would never show up at the main entrance, would how up when the scientist was due to arrive.

Maybe telepathy was wrong but there is just too much evidence for animals abilities to sense things. Why can animals react so oddly BEFORE a natural disaster? Why can they "sense" cancerous cells in controlled experiments more accurately than any other detection we have today? Because they have a superious "sense" of their enviroment than we do. But the question still remains, why did we lose ours!?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Why can animals react so oddly BEFORE a natural disaster? Why can they "sense" cancerous cells in controlled experiments more accurately than any other detection we have today? Because they have a superious "sense" of their enviroment than we do. But the question still remains, why did we lose ours!?

Like you said, it's because they can feel tiny vibration, hear ultrasound and the like. It's nothing special or exceptional. We can detect those thing better than animal using our tools in any case. Anyway, it's not like most animal go crazy only when there is something wrong. I've seen plenty of dogs react odly in front of harmless change, so it's only normal they react odly in front of something that is potentially more dangerous

Human lost those ability simply because they were useless for their survival, and seriously, I wouldnt be surprised if dog would lose their in a few hundreds/thousand years.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathaios

Oh goodness! Is that win I smell?
    No that's Hippie