+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So i got an Ipod for christmas...

And i dont wanna fuckin use itunes. Is there a way i can synch using my winamp?

Why not

I love iTunes.

Also to answer your question, I am not sure.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It doesnt let me add a custon skin, or edit the information for the songs so they are all out of order, in the wrong albums, and some are classified under "No artist" even tho the artists name is in the title of the song.

And i really dont wanna spend the rest of my christmas vacation manually inserting the song names and artists into 50 gigs of songs

There's a ton of 3rd party apps for syncing an ipod. Ephpod is the only one I can think of offhand, but if you poke around on google and/or sourceforge you'll find a bunch of others.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thanks

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure you can edit song information in iTunes too...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephx
    I'm pretty sure you can edit song information in iTunes too...
    yeah but i dont wanna spend the next 5 hours of my life doing it when ive already done it in winamp

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Winamp sucks. Just man up and organize the songs in iTunes, you'll be alot happier.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got an iPod as well. I hate winamp though so I just went ahead and downloaded iTunes. All of the information about the songs and the way I had them labeled in Windows Media carried over. Few things I had to edit, but syncing it like twice took care of everything.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can you upload songs off media player?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanai
    It doesnt let me add a custon skin, or edit the information for the songs so they are all out of order, in the wrong albums, and some are classified under "No artist" even tho the artists name is in the title of the song.

And i really dont wanna spend the rest of my christmas vacation manually inserting the song names and artists into 50 gigs of songs
    Use the iTunes search to make playlists in seconds to organize your music. Say for example you have some BB King in your collection. Type 'king' into the search box and blammo, all your songs show up automatically. Select the lot (ctrl+a) and drag them into the 'playlists' section on the left side of the screen. Name the new playlist and blammo you've organized a long list of songs in a second.

Pretty effortless from my point of view, but then again I tend to collect albums instead of individual songs. May work differently depending on how you name your mp3s, too.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If your songs aren't titles properly in iTunes it sucks renaming all of them.

iTunes however SUCKS ASS as a media player to use. There are only 2 reasons to use iTunes at all, putting music onto your iPod, and buying songs. It's a terrible application for playing music in the backround and such, it uses alot of space and songs will lag. Winamp owns very hard for playing music, and WMP is almost as good.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction

Use the iTunes search to make playlists in seconds to organize your music. Say for example you have some BB King in your collection. Type 'king' into the search box and blammo, all your songs show up automatically. Select the lot (ctrl+a) and drag them into the 'playlists' section on the left side of the screen. Name the new playlist and blammo you've organized a long list of songs in a second.

Pretty effortless from my point of view, but then again I tend to collect albums instead of individual songs. May work differently depending on how you name your mp3s, too.
    Winamp has a search function too. If your goanna give me the sales pitch you may as well check out winamp. Highly customizable, never had a problem with it.

Ive met many diehard mac fans who badmouth other products but never try them out.

Microsoft has really bad default shit, like IE and windows media player, but most of the best shit is produced 3rd party. Thunderbird, Firefox, and imo winamp.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is the Zune better?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction

Winamp has a search function too. If your goanna give me the sales pitch you may as well check out winamp. Highly customizable, never had a problem with it.

Ive met many diehard mac fans who badmouth other products but never try them out.

Microsoft has really bad default shit, like IE and windows media player, but most of the best shit is produced 3rd party. Thunderbird, Firefox, and imo winamp.
    Just offering a way out of your predicament of uploading an organized set of songs into your new iPod. I used to religiously use winamp until I got an ipod and needed to upload songs. It's ugly and uses a lot of memory but my machine can handle that. *by 'it' of course I refer to iTunes* Not badmouthing winamp at all (well, winamp 3 was crap but everybody knows that).

Assuming you don't download music you don't listen to, iTunes has a 'just auto-sync all the shit on my computer to the iPod' option too. 99% of the time I just pick 'shuffle songs' on my ipod and get going anyway. Organization of mp3s is overrated.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Kekeke, im Obsessive compulsive disorder-ish about that sort of thing

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My computer can handle the usage that itunes requires, but why should it have to? lol. Buy songs, upload them onto your ipod, then exit and turn on something else to play them from your pc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Buy songs
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Rocr
    Can you upload songs off media player?
    not on the ipod

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle