BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Henkka
    Gear swap doesnt bother me its the loldrg's Jump and High Jump that drives me bonkers.
    Haha agreed.

I play on PS2 so the controller makes it a lot easier to target people. But when I see a DRG go into lower HP and am unable to target them I usually run around freaking out before I realized they jumped.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Tonko
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Oh god yes...
    I can see when your buff wears, I'll get it don't worry, you know spells have a cast time there fella.

As for gear swapping, not really unless you have an ungodly long name that's difficult to spell.

AKA MR. TONKOUNONAKAIKIAKKI
    I've been thinking of shortening my name to just Tonko.

But.... 3-4 days without FFXI....

SUCK IT UP AND CURE ME SLAVE BOY!
    I remembered how to spell your name once, by god it felt good.

I forgot the next day though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Here's a trick.

Before you start your fight , with the longer named players, send them a tell, even if it's just "."

Now in your tab list, type the first letter of their name, and press tab, then up (which takes you to the final entry of the tab list) and their name should be there.

So if you have to heal Tonkonsonfihaihl25n4 , you'll only have to type /ma "Cure IV" T[tab] [up] [enter] and hi2u fast typing.
    You know - I never knew about this.
    Tried it last night and works a treat - as someone pointed out if they're in alliance you don't even need to send them the initial /tell.

Awesome tip >.>

That's a great idea, Wafik, never thought of it. Now maybe I can save people's lives a little more often in Dynamis in between sleepga sleep II sleep sleepga sleepga sleepga haste myself sleepga sleepga scream sleepga.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Alt+8 [Haste], F4, oops, he blinked. Alt+8, F4, enter, OK.

Exact same thing for me. if you get tried of ppl blinking in pts, just be a lazy whm (like i am) and use <p0-5> in your cure macros. I have alt1-6 dedicated to pt cures so i don't have to bother typing someones name in or with the magic list and them blinking out doesn't matter.

when in ally fights and not in the tank pt, i'll switch over to another macro set and have cure macros dedicated to each tank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Gear swap doesnt bother me its the loldrg's Jump and High Jump that drives me bonkers.
    Haha agreed.

I play on PS2 so the controller makes it a lot easier to target people. But when I see a DRG go into lower HP and am unable to target them I usually run around freaking out before I realized they jumped.
    Easy solution: don't cure DRGs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Haha agreed.

Easy solution: don't cure DRGs.
    if a drg can't manage his superjump, he does not deserve a cure anyway :D

I'm still spaming F[something] to cure the flying drg x_x

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When i used to play i once in awhile had someone in a pt change gears every 5seconds. I never really complained unless they kept changing and i couldnt target them they die an bitch to me. As for drg most good drg i pt with they used jump at start or at last few % to kill mob. Aslo since this kinda about whms i guess dont you guys hate it when 4 outta the 6 ppl in pt want haste an the rdm wont haste one ? dam stuff like that makes me happy i quit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

dat change everything to look the same.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Do whatever you want, I'll get the spell off no matter what you try to do.

I know when I'm on blu, I'm changing gear all the time and some rdm complain they can't cast refresh on me. But since they don't have to cast haste on me at all, just be thankful and suck it up.
    One of my first experiences doing HNMs was Taru Wrangling at Kirin. When you are chasing down 5 gear swapping Black Mages who are all running for their lives in different directions you need to get over losing targets really quickly if you plan on keeping anything that even remotely resembles a refresh order. If a mage can't reacquire a target, maybe he/she should suck it up or consider a new vocation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

<stpc> macros for cures make it fairly easy to reacquire targets in my experience...I use them for all cures haste etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by gandorf
    good drg

I lol'd

Anyways, just type out your damn cures. Any melee worth a damn has a decent amount of gear swaps, so get used to it, or you're a gimp WHM.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are such things as a good drg >.> there just rare. Rare like claiming a Hnm vs 100 gs. And when i used to play mnk and thf i would swap gear for ws or stuff like dodge or chakra but knowing from my whm that changing for hell of it makes whm job harder i would do it less often. Whm is not a fun job takes alot of work to play so when someone changes gear to piss off whm thats when we Dc or alt+tab if not on windows. Aslo when i still played there was alot of ppl from lv 50-70 that didnt even use macro swap im talking about rdm DD an tanks an whm so maybe someone who lvs whm from 1-75 now got it easy with all the new xp spots an new items and less blinking going on. When i still played i seen alot of 60+ wars with 2 swords agi/dex rings and gear that would make old school wars cry nothing is like how it was 2yr ago when i lved whm now stuff is getting handed out to ppl. Oh well i prob type to much an no one will read this cause most DD an tanks think omg! whm got it so easy all they do is sit there an cure while we get to have fun an kill crap.