BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blue Magic and Besiged     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Blue Magic and Besiged

I'm sure this is some where in the 100+ page Blue Magic thread - however there's no way in hell I'm looking through that. But I remember someone posting a SS of learning a spell in besieged.

Anyways - Is there a trick to learning Blue magic in Besieged? I though all I had to do was be on a mob's hate list to have a chance (aka cast dia). However I did a few beseigeds with my AF gloves and I still haven't learned any. Anyone have any thoughts on how yo improve my chances?

Thanks,
    Dak

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Get a group of friends and go learn the spells from the mobs outside of besieged. I don't know for sure, but I have heard your party/alliance needs to defeat the mob in besieged in order to learn the spell. If you insist on doing it in besieged, a large alliance is your best bet.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bah I figured it was something like that - I'd love to learn it outside of Besieged, however no one ever likes helping anyone learn them.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea, you can learn spells, but it's alot harder, but you *do* have to put yourself on the mobs hate list-- you can also have your PT/Alliance attack mobs with the spell that you need to learn from, so you'll have a better chance (I learned Amplification this way).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I heard you can but it never worked for me.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I heard you can but it never worked for me.
    It's very possible, but not worth it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

After probably 10+ full besieged runs when I was in the 60s trying to learn magic and not learning one thing, I gave up and decided I'm just going to skill up staff in besieged now as SMN.

Most of the beastmen mobs in besieged or other enemies that you could learn magic from have a DC-EM (at level 75) form somewhere around in the Aht Urgan area. A few level 75 people, or 1 depending on their job can easily help you learn magic, that's what I did anyways.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Maka
    I don't know for sure, but I have heard your party/alliance needs to defeat the mob in besieged in order to learn the spell.
    I think that's correct. Someone I know learnt 2 or 3 spells in Besieged, in each case it was learnt after our party got the the killshot (he told us this had to happen so we saved tp and nukes for the last 1-2%).

It's simpler just to get help and learn from normal mobs, but if you're in Beseiged anyway with some friends then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Paegan
    Quote Originally Posted by Maka
    I don't know for sure, but I have heard your party/alliance needs to defeat the mob in besieged in order to learn the spell.
    I think that's correct. Someone I know learnt 2 or 3 spells in Besieged, in each case it was learnt after our party got the the killshot (he told us this had to happen so we saved tp and nukes for the last 1-2%).

It's simpler just to get help and learn from normal mobs, but if you're in Beseiged anyway with some friends then why not?
    Just make a besieged PT with friends, then sucker them into helping you after to get w/e you didnt learn. win!