Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level

what is the location of the intro music?

i fucking hate it.

where is it, it must be destroyed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You can turn it off in the FFXI settings in the start menu folder for it, and probably whereever else it is located. POL music is the same way, just in the POL setting file.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    You can turn it off in the FFXI settings in the start menu folder for it, and probably whereever else it is located. POL music is the same way, just in the POL setting file.
    Where?? Enable sound?? Unchecking that disable all sound.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I presume you mean the music that plays during the FFXI main menu and character selection screens? (i.e. before one actually logs into the server.)

If that's the case, I think the file is at FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data\music108.bgw

Now, that's the original Vana'diel March but after CoP and ToAU the opening themes were changed to new songs to reflect the expansion packs.

The Chains of Promathia opening theme is at FINAL FANTASY XI\sound3\win\music\data\music242.bgw

As for the ToAU opening file, I don't really know. The ToAU music has proved problematic as it's in a different file encoding format than the other FFXI sound files. I think I remember it being some kind of ATRAC3 format, but I can't even open it with SonicStage nor play them on a Sony media device. Months ago, shortly after ToAU came out, someone posted all of the ToAU BGM in MP3 format by switching the ToAU .BGW files into the normal Mog House file slot and then recording the music output. However, I don't know if they kept the file names intact.

Anyways, if you could determine what file is currently being used as the opening BGM then you could rename the existing file and make a blank .txt file, then re-name it to the same name as the original BGM file's.

Oh, and if you're on PS2 then you are just SOL.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

Ah ha, turns out I did have that ToAU music and the author did keep the file names intact. If you want to remove the opening menu music (or swap in some other music file) modify or remove the following file:

FINAL FANTASY XI\sound4\win\music\data\music179.bgw